XR700 Beta DumaOs 3.0 & Fw. V1.0.1.36

I feel your frustration and also it is bad that the R700 has been left in the wilds, I would say mainly due to fact it was a very expensive router to buy and hailed as there flagship product, people paid good money and now discover it’s not supported anymore , it still works and does as intended to a point also Netgear don’t give a flying hoop , they want everyone to buy the 1000 . On the Netduma side of things I was under the impression they update there software and it’s approved by netgear but also netgear have to update the firmware that’s under duma OS , hence it’s time to go back to Asus , it least there’s a choice to use Merlins fimware , he has no issues getting his released . 

The problem I think is not on the netduma side but on the netgear side I think that the association with netgear was a big error the xr500, xr700 and apparently even xr1000 have a lot of bugs since their releases and in 3 years they are still bugged ... From a corporate business point of view it was a good marketing move to make this even more known but in return the reputation took a hit ...

After fraser has always tried to help as many people as possible with the means he has, he is not a firmware developer to my knowledge so unfortunately he cannot do more than what he is told. I am also enormously disappointed with the xr500 compared to the bug and the qos which does not work but when I see the results with the r2 I tell myself that the problem really comes from the xr !!

Anyway I think fraser is not the one to blame in this whole thing

9 minutes ago, Locosano said:

The problem I think is not on the netduma side but on the netgear side I think that the association with netgear was a big error the xr500, xr700 and apparently even xr1000 have a lot of bugs since their releases and in 3 years they are still bugged ... From a corporate business point of view it was a good marketing move to make this even more known but in return the reputation took a hit ...

After fraser has always tried to help as many people as possible with the means he has, he is not a firmware developer to my knowledge so unfortunately he cannot do more than what he is told. I am also enormously disappointed with the xr500 compared to the bug and the qos which does not work but when I see the results with the r2 I tell myself that the problem really comes from the xr !!

Anyway I think fraser is not the one to blame in this whole thing

💯 Not , Frazer always done a good job and helpful in my experience think the person above is just frustrated.Netgear are crap 

5 hours ago, sharpz44 said:

I feel your frustration and also it is bad that the R700 has been left in the wilds, I would say mainly due to fact it was a very expensive router to buy and hailed as there flagship product, people paid good money and now discover it’s not supported anymore , it still works and does as intended to a point also Netgear don’t give a flying hoop , they want everyone to buy the 1000 . On the Netduma side of things I was under the impression they update there software and it’s approved by netgear but also netgear have to update the firmware that’s under duma OS , hence it’s time to go back to Asus , it least there’s a choice to use Merlins fimware , he has no issues getting his released . 

Issue with the XR700 is that not many people have it and therefore not many issues come up. Thing is you have to raise a support ticket with Netgear etc etc . Instead people just moan on a forum and that's it.

Netgear is quite willing to work with you if you have issues, but it takes a long time. I have a second XR700 at my home at the moment debugging an issue that prevents you from using 2 drives over USB for example.

The XR500 famous VLAN QoS bug is something that should have been solved by now IMHO.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's been ~9 months since the first release, I know it's frustrating, I've asked the team to get an estimate on when any firmware for any router will come out

I'm sorry guys!

I'm sorry because I actually did intend to stir up a conversation regarding the mismanagement from Netduma / Netgear. I don't take pleasure in feeling ripped off and neither should you. I just got reminded of how many hours I've spent on this router before kicking it out.

Of course, we should not be disrespectful to forum moderators and I can tell you for sure that I have not been disrespectful. I can however understand when people feel that Netduma is acting like a fraudster regarding the XR700 product and the associated feelings.

So lets dance, shall we?

- XR700 Router came in 2018 (I believe August). It came packed with features that obviously don't fully work (please don't argue this - you know this to be true).

- Netduma 3.0 was announced on October 1st 2019

- Netduma 3.0 Beta was announced on June 1st 2020

- Netduma 3.0 was released 9 months ago according to Fraser.

We are now almost 3 years from the original release of the XR700. 

Features that were promised have not been implemented or do not work. VPN is unreliable, what happened to R-Apps and lets not forget that you should even have been able to change the color of the router interface 😅

I don't give 2 shytes that Netgear and Netduma can't dance together. I didn't buy a half-hearted product for cheap. That is NETDUMA and NETGEAR'S problem to solve. The pathetic attempts from other frequent posters trying to defend that XR700 is a Netgear issue is nothing but a joke. It's the classic blame-game of Microsoft updating Windows and breaking drivers, blaming the driver/hardware manufacturer, who then blames Windows. Sounds familiar? I detest that kind of blame-game and anyone playing along or contributing with nothing short of idiotic comments on this forum. (please note - I said idiotic comments which they are. I didn't call you idiots - so I am not being disrespectful in any way). 

How many people work at Netduma? 28? A few extra contracted people? Below 50?

Fraser, is it that hard to grab hold of the guys during all those years working with this or even call up the the CEO and ask him what the hell is going on? 

Why don't you just tell it the way it is - the XR700 is dead. 

Shame on you Netduma for not living up to promises or expectations. I won't be fooled twice. I will never touch a Netgear router and I can definitely let you know that I will never touch a Netduma product. Ever!

I, apart from others, live up to my name and my promises. I am the BSdetector and there is a lot of BS going on right now. Time to face the music and tell it the way it is. 

I might be back in a year. Just to see if I am right again. Maybe there will be a final working release in 2022? What a shocker that would be!

Until then, take care people and be as nice and polite as you possibly can be, considering you got ripped off.