XR700 Beta DumaOs 3.0 & Fw. V1.0.1.36

7 minutes ago, Shikwan said:

I hope by Xmas, Fraser! I'mma have a lotta Series X game testing to do by then! lol😉

Test what more network level compared to the Xbox one X?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont understand, its not like the xr700 has a blatant problem that it needs to be updated to netduma 3.0, all these people complaining probably think its gonna give them magic hitreg in games and improve there KDs, so funny 🤣

19 minutes ago, dumaDEMON said:

i dont understand, its not like the xr700 has a blatant problem that it needs to be updated to netduma 3.0, all these people complaining probably think its gonna give them magic hitreg in games and improve there KDs, so funny 🤣

There ARE blatant problems with the XR700 - specifically DHCP issues.   In my case, the DHCP lease renewals are occurring every few minute which does not work for the kids' zoom school or our teleconferences for work.   I had to buy another router for during work and then use the XR700 only for gaming.   We were told that fix would be in Netduma 3.0.  

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

There ARE blatant problems with the XR700 - specifically DHCP issues.   In my case, the DHCP lease renewals are occurring every few minute which does not work for the kids' zoom school or our teleconferences for work.   I had to buy another router for during work and then use the XR700 only for gaming.   We were told that fix would be in Netduma 3.0.  

3.0 is not far away at all, should be a few weeks at most. Waiting for QA to pass it.

@Netduma Fraser

There is something very wrong with Qos on DumaOs 3.0 i tried every setting even lowered till 1% my DL and 5% UL on CC still getting this ping (see picture), while normally on 1 or 2% i get a ping of around 10-12ms under load for DL and UL and that was on the R2 and also on the XR700 i used the same CC settings for both the past few months and it was always the same outcome.

I have only 1 device online to the XR700 when i was doing the tests the laptop that i was doing it on.

16075572070628275470932888184480.jpg

I get the the same test results on connection benchmark it doesnt matter where i put the CC slider on 1-5-10-20-50-70-100 % it gives the same results so I think the CC slider is not working.

17 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser

There is something very wrong with Qos on DumaOs 3.0 i tried every setting even lowered till 1% my DL and 5% UL on CC still getting this ping (see picture), while normally on 1 or 2% i get a ping of around 10-12ms under load for DL and UL and that was on the R2 and also on the XR700 i used the same CC settings for both the past few months and it was always the same outcome.

I have only 1 device online to the XR700 when i was doing the tests the laptop that i was doing it on.

You got 3.0 for the XR700?

sqm doesnt work, nighthawk need to fix there setup, i haven't used mine for months, literally took me 45m-1 hour to get it started, 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin wouldnt work, reset modem, pc, hard reset nighthawk twice, and i am quite tech savy

EDIT sqm is working, checking dsl reports test, it just doesnt show that its working in the inbuilt duma os 3 app

Hey i cant seem to get my ports open on 3.0 i tried dmz upnp and manual portforwarding but my nat type stays moderate when i use upnp it shows in the tap that it forwarded 3074 so it should be open but my nat type stays moderate ?

Btw hitreg is much better now 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser

I get the the same test results on connection benchmark it doesnt matter where i put the CC slider on 1-5-10-20-50-70-100 % it gives the same results so I think the CC slider is not working.

12 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser Traffic priorization light doesn't go on as well not on DumaOs classified games and not on a manual rule.

Okay thank you very much, I don't think it will be CC, more likely Benchmark. If you use Speedtest.net does the speed adjust based on your settings? What was the manual rule you made and what game/platform were you on?

1 hour ago, dumaDEMON said:

sqm doesnt work, nighthawk need to fix there setup, i haven't used mine for months, literally took me 45m-1 hour to get it started, 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin wouldnt work, reset modem, pc, hard reset nighthawk twice, and i am quite tech savy

EDIT sqm is working, checking dsl reports test, it just doesnt show that its working in the inbuilt duma os 3 app

When you mean it didn't work exactly? On connection benchmark QoS won't affect the speeds, if it affecting Ping Under Load for you or similar to Mobel?

58 minutes ago, nlvice said:

Hey i cant seem to get my ports open on 3.0 i tried dmz upnp and manual portforwarding but my nat type stays moderate when i use upnp it shows in the tap that it forwarded 3074 so it should be open but my nat type stays moderate ?

Btw hitreg is much better now 

In WAN Settings change NAT to open instead, does that work? It may be that after the upgrade due to the reboot that the XR WAN IP changed so you may need to re-enter this into your ISP modem/router DMZ.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In WAN Settings change NAT to open instead, does that work? It may be that after the upgrade due to the reboot that the XR WAN IP changed so you may need to re-enter this into your ISP modem/router DMZ.

Wan settings Nat is open i have my isp modem in bridge modus i rebooted both Several times after changing settings. I have put a static ip for my pc on the router and on my pc they both match, also without static ip makes no difference. I did a factory reset before the update i will do a factory reset on 3.0 soon maybe that will do something 

@Netduma Fraser when doing a test on Fast.com or Speedtest.net the speed is not correct (like restrict it to 10Mbps the test gives 1.3 Mbps with 1 device).

And the ping is also all over the place i tried doing bufferbloat on Fast.com or DSLreports but whatever i tried it keeps spiking the ping there is something weird.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nlvice said:

Wan settings Nat is open i have my isp modem in bridge modus i rebooted both Several times after changing settings. I have put a static ip for my pc on the router and on my pc they both match, also without static ip makes no difference. I did a factory reset before the update i will do a factory reset on 3.0 soon maybe that will do something 

I would recommend doing it after upgrading in general as this will prevent issues carrying over to the new version so would suggest that to see if after that it works as expected.

32 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser when doing a test on Fast.com or Speedtest.net the speed is not correct (like restrict it to 10Mbps the test gives 1.3 Mbps with 1 device).

And the ping is also all over the place i tried doing bufferbloat on Fast.com or DSLreports but whatever i tried it keeps spiking the ping there is something weird.

Is that using Always for Congestion Control? Is share excess enabled or disabled? The QoS can negatively impact those tests, if you use PingPlotter when the network is saturated is it spiking?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would recommend doing it after upgrading in general as this will prevent issues carrying over to the new version so would suggest that to see if after that it works as expected.

Is that using Always for Congestion Control? Is share excess enabled or disabled? The QoS can negatively impact those tests, if you use PingPlotter when the network is saturated is it spiking?

I fixed it i  i did a firewall reset on my pc and it is open now, thanks anyways ! gg

@Netduma Fraser

Yes that was on Always for the CC tried Share excess enabled and disabled on both DL/UL there was a very slight difference with Share excess disabled.

I will do a run with Pingplotter as soon I come home and show u what my results are.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser

Yes that was on Always for the CC tried Share excess enabled and disabled on both DL/UL there was a very slight difference with Share excess disabled.

I will do a run with Pingplotter as soon I come home and show u what my results are.

Do you use PPPoE, VLAN etc at all?

Great thanks.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you use PPPoE, VLAN etc at all?

Great thanks.

@Netduma Fraser

No not at all just my ISP modem is bridged and the router is doing Get Dynamically from ISP like always what i have for the past 2 years. 

I will send the Pingplotter graph and the screenshot of the Geo-filter in a 10 minutes