XR1000 DumaOS 3.0 AX router is coming.

Guest Killhippie

1 minute ago, Killhippie said:

A full 160Mhz device only does 4800Mbps on 5Ghz so since most devices like iPhones use 80Mhz we are not loosing out. The 160Mhz on the XR1000 is still 4800Mbps

I think the RAX2000 is 9.6Gbps on 160. Am I thinking it’s using its triband to achieve 8x8

Guest Killhippie
5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

I think the RAX2000 is 9.6Gbps on 160. Am I thinking it’s using its triband to achieve 8x8

The RAX200 is a AX11000 really its just the way they add the total bandwidth on 5Ghz. Sneaky numbers it cant go faster than 4800Mbps in any one band I'm pretty sure, The difference is that the RAX 120 has just dual-band up to 1.2 + 4.8 Gbps whereas the RAX200 is tri-band up to 1.2 + 4.8 + 4.8 Gbps. Both routers are called the Nighthawk AX12 because they both do 12 streams, the difference being is that the RAX120 can do 8×8 at 80Mhz

3 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

The RAX200 is a AX11000 really its just the way they add the total bandwidth on 5Ghz. Sneaky numbers it cant go faster than 4800Mbps in any one band I'm pretty sure.

You are right, it’s using both bands to achieve the 9Gbps but is still 4.8Gbps on each band. I owe you a coffee 😂

Guest Killhippie

I think the XR1000 will be a nice router, it still does 4800Mbps theoretical on 5Ghz. Bitdefender and DumaOS together may be interesting, when its out here I'm sure Fraser will tell us if it slows down with both on as its two lots of DPI going on at once. I have to say I like the design more as times goes on, the RAX50 which its based on is a bit more traditional. (make it two coffees)

Guest Killhippie
On 9/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, BIG__DOG said:

Asus have 1 that looks looks similar. Bloody ugly looking things. Under the hood the XR1000 is a tempting purchase.

81xymhINWvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The RT-AX86U looks much better, less like back end of a spaceship.

I don't follow what's going on in the router world however I must admit that I'm a tad upset by the release of this so soon after the R2 as if I had known about both, I wouldn't have purchased the R2 and instead waited for this one 😓

9 hours ago, psygn said:

Why do gamer things have to be so flashy?

eye candy. They make em to resemble stealth fighters to give the impression of speed and responsiveness. It's all about marketing and capturing a certain age group and target audience.

14 hours ago, BigBoyJimmy said:

I don't follow what's going on in the router world however I must admit that I'm a tad upset by the release of this so soon after the R2 as if I had known about both, I wouldn't have purchased the R2 and instead waited for this one 😓

I would hang on to the R2, as with all new routers they often go through various updates before it’s all sorted and with the R2 updates should arrive quicker. You could always add an AX extender in Access point mode to handle the WiFi on the R2 so you have WiFi 6 but you still  have the R2 for the quicker updates. 
Then as time goes on you can see how the AX range of routers expands and go from there. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, Newfie said:

I would hang on to the R2, as with all new routers they often go through various updates before it’s all sorted and with the R2 updates should arrive quicker. You could always add an AX extender in Access point mode to handle the WiFi on the R2 so you have WiFi 6 but you still  have the R2 for the quicker updates. 
Then as time goes on you can see how the AX range of routers expands and go from there. 

Do you have a suggestion for AX extender 

20 minutes ago, mohands said:

Do you have a suggestion for AX extender 

The only extenders I use are Netgear but neither are AX but NG have 2 AX extenders which would work at covering your WiFi .

https://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

ive not tried them as I have the EX8000 extenders that I use to test stuff and at the moment I’m only using one in AP mode as I’m using an Arlo bastion and want it well away from the router and on a different channel. 
No doubt the EAX80 would be the better extender but the downside is it’s price and at that point you have to weigh up the total system cost compared to the new XR1000. 
the EAX20 is the cheaper extender for AX and may not have the coverage of the more expensive EAX80 and the throughput is less. 
Once again I’ve not tested these and I’m sure there are a few quirks but you could purchase one of the AC extenders but as WiFi moves forward devices like the new consoles with make use of AX as well as phones, tablets, computers and so on. 

I used the EX8000 to handle the WiFi on my R2 as an access point and had no issues. WiFi coverage is pretty good and it’s triband but that’s not needed unless you max out clients per connection or you want a device to have its own channel connection. 
Again I can’t comment on their other extenders as I’ve not used them. 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
31 minutes ago, Numo36 said:

What route is better xr 700 or xr 1000 ?

I would go with the XR1000. The hardware is more future proof and it also has DumaOS 3.0 pre-installed that is similar to the current versions of the R2. 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Numo36 said:

My geo filter never loads up and ping and Qos 

Any ideas please on xr1000

What web browser are you using? Clear the browser cache/cookies and try another browser like Chrome if that doesn't work.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What web browser are you using? Clear the browser cache/cookies and try another browser like Chrome if that doesn't work.

I tried google chrome ,safari clean cooked rest update, nothing works Try on Mac iPhone iPads 

still don’t work 

• Administrators

Okay do this please on Chrome:

1. Right click the page
  2. Go to Inspect Element
  3. In the Window that appears go to Network
  4. Click the Disable Cache option
  5. Hold the Chrome refresh button until you get the Empty Cache and Hard Reload option
  6. Select that option

Then see if it loads.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay do this please on Chrome:

1. Right click the page
  2. Go to Inspect Element
  3. In the Window that appears go to Network
  4. Click the Disable Cache option
  5. Hold the Chrome refresh button until you get the Empty Cache and Hard Reload option
  6. Select that option

Then see if it loads.

Thank you I fixed it