XR1000 DumaOS 3.0 AX router is coming.

Guest Killhippie

Guest Killhippie
31 minutes ago, Newfie said:

They have been teasing it for a bit now with pics on their Instagram.

Looks like its coming on October 5th in the US, its 1.5Ghz 64 bit triple core CPU I believe. I bet this will be a beast it even comes with Bitdefender Armor. :)

3 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Looks like its coming on October 5th in the US, its 1.5Ghz 64 bit triple core CPU I believe. I bet this will be a beast it even comes with Bitdefender Armor. :)

Not bad but I'm keeping my XR700, even though I love the size of the XR1000. It is a great router but I think it will not take long to get a top of the range to renew the XR700.

14 hours ago, Killhippie said:

That’s the full package then. If the new consoles support AX that’s going to make a few heads turn as AX accepts multiple connections at once so no more queuing issues unless you start loading the nodes and with its resilience to interference those that suffer neighbouring Wi-Fi issues will see a benefit. 
it should also have great internal speeds as well and the typical AX coverage with a good connection.

11 hours ago, xfalax said:

Not bad but I'm keeping my XR700, even though I love the size of the XR1000. It is a great router but I think it will not take long to get a top of the range to renew the XR700.

For the top tier a 6E router would be on the cards but NG have none yet so a bit off if they go that way. Price would be a heck of a lot though as 6E units are going to be more expensive as they launch and then we still have the old game of seeing what’s supported device wise. 
I can see the XR1000 selling well for those entering Duma and wanting WIFI 6. 

Guest Killhippie
16 hours ago, santa78 said:

no sfp+... XR700 better than

The XR700 is 32 bit tech and not much more expensive now than the XR500 its about £294 in the UK and the XR500 is £229. The SfP+ port s useful but I imagine many dont use it, and I wonder how many use the Plex server as well as the AD Wi-Fi which never took off although I'm sure many probably do, but if its not updated by Netgear it cant be used alas.

The XR700 is a great router but I imagine eventfully Netgear will replace all AC routers with AX, but that's just a guess. 64 bit CPU's do twice the calculations per second pretty much than 32 bit so that triple core CPU is an advantage already and this router supports a antivirus system as well as DumaOS which for many even though you have to pay yearly will give you unlimited downloads of Bitdefender for the home as well as the AV built into the router should you choose to use it.

Also with a theoretical 4300Mbps on 5Ghz and 600 Mbps on 2.4Ghz its fast and as new devices come out that use AX in the next few months that will be great, AX routers tend to have a better Wi-Fi spread too, well the the ones Ive seen so do. All in all a nice router with lots of features like PMF on Wi-Fi for extra security.   :)

33 minutes ago, james121op said:

i don't really like the new design

I think a lot of routers look awful to be honest, in saying that i don’t have mine as a show piece so if it’s doing the job that’s number one. 
I'm tempted to see how this fairs and it’s going to have 3.0 straight out of the box. 

18 hours ago, Newfie said:

I think a lot of routers look awful to be honest, in saying that i don’t have mine as a show piece so if it’s doing the job that’s number one. 
I'm tempted to see how this fairs and it’s going to have 3.0 straight out of the box. 

yeah good point

Guest Killhippie
18 hours ago, SturmButcher said:

WTF is that lol, even If I really want it, I can't justify to replace my current xr500.

Just remember even though the router may be new, the CPU design is from 2015 as is the PCB so its already 5 years old and isn't running the latest standard of Wi-Fi, AX will in the end have 6Ghz channels too when wave two is included. I think Asus are releasing a 6E router soon. This router even comes with WPA3 the latest in security for Wi-Fi and WPA2 etc (WPA3 has been hacked and patched already lol but its more secure than WPA2) If your router is running fine though there is no need to replace it until you have enough AX devices that you want the greater speeds and your XR500 has reached the end of its useful life.  Routers are like phones, you don't need a new one every year any more and the newest isn't always the most bug free or even the best.  :)

I think XR1000 is very bad, I waited too long. AX is not widely available in all devices, and players who are willing to replace devices to support AX have the ability to purchase. We need at least two SFP+ interfaces, and 10 Gigabit networks will soon be popularized. So we are willing to buy it even if it sells for eight hundred dollars, and hope to see the XR1200 listed within the year.

14 hours ago, Lilacleafs said:

I think XR1000 is very bad, I waited too long. AX is not widely available in all devices, and players who are willing to replace devices to support AX have the ability to purchase. We need at least two SFP+ interfaces, and 10 Gigabit networks will soon be popularized. So we are willing to buy it even if it sells for eight hundred dollars, and hope to see the XR1200 listed within the year.

The best you will get is 5Gb on the rear port as they are normally modelled on other versions of routers within the netgear range and off the top of my head I think that’s the best so far in the AX range and it’s safe to say 800 dollar gaming router will not appear as it would not be a great seller and not be cost effective, after all it’s just a home router and the competition from other brands will keep the price inline.

Will be interesting to see if the new consoles will have AX, should do but I’ll hold my breath on that one. 

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

The best you will get is 5Gb on the rear port as they are normally modelled on other versions of routers within the netgear range and off the top of my head I think that’s the best so far in the AX range and it’s safe to say 800 dollar gaming router will not appear as it would not be a great seller and not be cost effective, after all it’s just a home router and the competition from other brands will keep the price inline.

Will be interesting to see if the new consoles will have AX, should do but I’ll hold my breath on that one. 

The practicality of 5GbE is not good enough. Asus' AX89X provides two 10G ports, but I prefer Netgear and dumaos. Asus products look ugly. It's a pity that Netgear has never produced AX routers with 10G ports. I bought ASUS AX86U some time ago, but the experience was not good. Latency is not as low as XR500.

Just now, Lilacleafs said:

The practicality of 5GbE is not good enough. Asus' AX89X provides two 10G ports, but I prefer Netgear and dumaos. Asus products look ugly. It's a pity that Netgear has never produced AX routers with 10G ports. I bought ASUS AX86U some time ago, but the experience was not good. Latency is not as low as XR500.

A lot of AX devices need more work, firmware improves as time goes on, they will get there in the end. I use an AX router and it’s fine. It’s swings and roundabouts, there’s no holy grail with routers and it’s sticking with what you prefer. 
It’s going to be the same with AX as not all features are implemented so again it’s just a case of going with what you prefer. There’s always going to be compromises.

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, Lilacleafs said:

But do you need two 10Gb Ethernet ports? Not all do. My AX router has a 1/2.5/5Gbps multigig Ethernet port as well as port aggregation that's enough for me. As Newfie said not all routers will be a perfect fit, possibly more higher end AX routers will come out with DumaOS but its finding what fits your needs and making compromises as if you wait for the perfect router/phone/teabag ;)  you could be waiting a long time. This ones not for you and that's fine, but it will be great for many. :)

should have came out before the R2 or at the same time, many people spend their money on the R2, going to pass on it. I HAVE AN IDEA , WHY DON'T WE TRY TO FIX ALL THE BUGS IN ALL THE OTHER ROUTERS FIRST BEFORE RELEASING MORE BUGS IN THIS FORUM.   

• Administrators
4 hours ago, AnnonymouS said:

should have came out before the R2 or at the same time, many people spend their money on the R2, going to pass on it. I HAVE AN IDEA , WHY DON'T WE TRY TO FIX ALL THE BUGS IN ALL THE OTHER ROUTERS FIRST BEFORE RELEASING MORE BUGS IN THIS FORUM.   

The R2 is created by us and the XR1000 is created by Netgear so the release dates are up to each company. We are capable of doing more than one thing at once and given it is a router operating system, work we do on one router will positively impact another, we're going to keep moving forward.

21 hours ago, Killhippie said:

But do you need two 10Gb Ethernet ports? Not all do. My AX router has a 1/2.5/5Gbps multigig Ethernet port as well as port aggregation that's enough for me. As Newfie said not all routers will be a perfect fit, possibly more higher end AX routers will come out with DumaOS but its finding what fits your needs and making compromises as if you wait for the perfect router/phone/teabag ;)  you could be waiting a long time. This ones not for you and that's fine, but it will be great for many. :)

Players like me are not few in China. Dumaos does not seem to have plans for link aggregation and bandwidth overlay. China’s mobile operators are implementing gigabit networks, and we can handle multiple lines for bandwidth overlay. 10 Gigabit network services will be provided soon in the future. For NAS, high-speed network speed means saving a lot of time. For the AX router, the speed of 4.8Gbps is not available, because there is no network card that supports 4*4 160mhz. The number of devices for home users will not be large. But for now, we only need 200RMB per month to enjoy 3000M broadband service. So even if there are not two 10G ports, at least two 5G ports are needed. ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000 will be launched in December. Obviously, ASUS is not worried about sales because they have confidence in the Chinese market, just like Apple. Dumaos performed very well on Qos, but the only gigabit port could not meet user needs. What's more embarrassing is that people who are willing to spend money on AX equipment will be more inclined to buy high-end routers, such as AX89X or RAX120. Those who are unwilling to replace the original equipment are more inclined to buy XR300 or XR500. Asus AX86U sells very well, it has a 2.5G port. Not because of its performance, but because it is more in line with the needs of Chinese players. In China, there are a large number of mobile game players, and the cooperation between Asustek, Tencent and NetEase has achieved great success.

You can’t compare the 120 with the XR series of routers, totally different and gaming routers are aimed at gamers who in general don’t require massive 10gb connections which are few and far and when that is a possibility we could be several years on and routers will have changed. The 120 is not a true 160 unit either and even then the speeds are all in theoretical values and the max is never achieved.
you would be better to look into different setups to provide the level of performance you require if you are handling huge loads over both internet and lan as time saving sounds more based on a business use. 

16 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

?

Should have worded that better 😊

If you use the new 160MHz channel width — where a single stream can deliver 1.2Gbps — the RAX120 now only works in a 4×4 setup. It can only handle 160MHz in 80+80 mode). So, in terms of number, no matter how you want to define its streams, this router always has the top speed on the 5GHz band of 4.8Gbps. 

I copied that from mr Dong, I think the 120 limits the throughput so even in 160 we only get 4.8 which is the same throughput of 80ht channel. 

I think the RAX200 is 8x8 so has 9.6Gbps at 160Mhz.

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Should have worded that better 😊

If you use the new 160MHz channel width — where a single stream can deliver 1.2Gbps — the RAX120 now only works in a 4×4 setup. It can only handle 160MHz in 80+80 mode). So, in terms of number, no matter how you want to define its streams, this router always has the top speed on the 5GHz band of 4.8Gbps. 

I copied that from mr Dong, I think the 120 limits the throughput so even in 160 we only get 4.8 which is the same throughput of 80ht channel. 

A full 160Mhz device only does 4800Mbps on 5Ghz so since most devices like iPhones use 80Mhz we are not loosing out. The full 160Mhz on the XR1000 is still 4800Mbps as 4800Mbps is the current limit of the tech, 6Ghz may change that. Thats why the 120 has to use DFS bands I imagine the XR1000 will have to use them too as thats now standard.