Auto Setup QOS

doylebl39

12 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

You are correct. It is a bug in the current firmware. Netduma is aware and working on a fix.  . 

just with the 1%? cause i get different results every time, which doesnt help me at all

Yeah I am back to manually figuring out the best settings for my Congestion Control Sliders.  Auto QOS doesn't work for me (ping or bandwidth prioritized). I want to say one of the devs said it is too agressive in what it is trying to do.  I am confident Netduma will get it resolved though. 

• Administrators

We are looking into this and will seek to improve it as much as we can, the devs are already aware and looking into a solution. Its a feature that will be improved on over time. It is meant as a suggestion so don't feel any pressure to use the results it suggests especially if it is suggesting 1%.

It's better to just set it up manually at this point until they get a fix out for it. I would start at the standard 70/70 and go from there depending on your home network. I am still setting them manually also but they'll get it sorted out for us.

• Netduma Staff

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on this tool.

As it has been explained before, autosetup for QoS is a tool that essentially requires some experimentation, as we need to know the characteristics of each one of your networks better to look for the bufferbloat sweetspot automatically. We have noticed that when initially implementing the feature, we made it too aggressive.

On a newer firmware (which we expect to deliver very soon) we have included a change to lower this aggressiveness. We expect to see an improvement for most of you (although we still expect to see problems and more things to improve on the tool). We'll notify here once that firmware is ready to be released.

Many thanks to all of you for your feedback!

41 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on this tool.

As it has been explained before, autosetup for QoS is a tool that essentially requires some experimentation, as we need to know the characteristics of each one of your networks better to look for the bufferbloat sweetspot automatically. We have noticed that when initially implementing the feature, we made it too aggressive.

On a newer firmware (which we expect to deliver very soon) we have included a change to lower this aggressiveness. We expect to see an improvement for most of you (although we still expect to see problems and more things to improve on the tool). We'll notify here once that firmware is ready to be released.

Many thanks to all of you for your feedback!

Hi, is it a new firmware version that is required or a new version of the "app"?

I'm asking because it means we may have an issue for a very long time on the xr500 if it exists because of the Netgear latency to validate new firmware version.

I thought the goal of the app was to accelerate the process of fixing stuff that work on top of the os.

Thanks

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, mathmath51 said:

Hi, is it a new firmware version that is required or a new version of the "app"?

I'm asking because it means we may have an issue for a very long time on the xr500 if it exists because of the Netgear latency to validate new firmware version.

I thought the goal of the app was to accelerate the process of fixing stuff that work on top of the os.

Thanks

It will be a firmware version, an XR500 build is being built today so should be fine. Yes we will be start doing that not to worry!

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it doesn't matter as the test is direct from the router so it won't be affected by connecting via ethernet or WiFi.

i guess that the same case with connection benchmark?

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Victor-Yout said:

i guess that the same case with connection benchmark?

Hi, yes that is the case!

In fact, that is what we consider is one of the advantages of Connection Benchmark, so if you see a problem there with your speeds, you are completely sure the problem is not related with your internal network.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

No it doesn't matter as the test is direct from the router so it won't be affected by connecting via ethernet or WiFi.

This is a huge thing IMO because so many run the test initially via wired and then go to a different floor of the house and test it wireless and get a different result.

On 8/14/2020 at 6:23 AM, Netduma Adrian said:

Hi, yes that is the case!

In fact, that is what we consider is one of the advantages of Connection Benchmark, so if you see a problem there with your speeds, you are completely sure the problem is not related with your internal network.

And the fact that it pulls  the results directly from the router is again a huge deal, because it eliminates any variables if your speeds are inconsistent or ping is unstable, a great tool that will benefit everyone and simplify things for troubleshooting.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

Yea im getting 0% and i my underload test is always the same no matter what i set my congestion control to i also get 18 or 20ms of ping evertime!!

This is something that we'll be constantly improving to try and find the best suggestion possible. It should be better in this firmware if you would like to try and will be better in versions after this as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

After installing this firmware, Auto Congestion Control should be more accurate, and it will not suggest a minimum value below 1%.

The fix included in this hotfix firmware will be rolled into the next big update.

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is something that we'll be constantly improving to try and find the best suggestion possible. It should be better in this firmware if you would like to try and will be better in versions after this as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

After installing this firmware, Auto Congestion Control should be more accurate, and it will not suggest a minimum value below 1%.

The fix included in this hotfix firmware will be rolled into the next big update.

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Awesome!! I just downloaded it did the update and i tested it and this is what i got 

15979342557987090573279292385915.jpg

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's what I thought might happen but don't worry its further improved in later versions and we'll get that out to people as soon as.

Ok sounds good but i also noticed a few things you got added to the connection benchmark and i think its a nice touch! I think over all the connection benchmark is more accurate now then it was before 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it fix the issue? For this firmware

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Does it fix the issue? For this firmware

It makes it so that it will suggest 1% minimum, it doesn't happen for everyone. We've got a few more versions if necessary but it's just to be used as a suggestion so we'll keep improving on it.