ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

• Administrators
On 9/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, Dantaniian said:

hey everyone, i registered for the beta since june, can i get a boost up please?

i'm using a netduma R1

You can access it here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

14 hours ago, Albeno said:

hey how do i download the new duma 0S beta for the xr500 on a macbook air?

You can access it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey I tried that but when I download it and try to upload it into the firmware update it gives me an error talking about please assign the correct file. The file format is * .img but the file I’m trying to upload is the file I downloaded from the link

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Albeno said:

Hey I tried that but when I download it and try to upload it into the firmware update it gives me an error talking about please assign the correct file. The file format is * .img but the file I’m trying to upload is the file I downloaded from the link

Could provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, NKreeftenberg said:

How did you get the invite? Did you receive an e-mail.

Last Friday I was bumped for the BETA, checked every day since then.....

It's in open beta now so you can access it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NKreeftenberg said:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/REDACTED-New-firmware-XR500-V2-3-2-104-DumaOS3-0-Beta/m-p/1973365#M1019

I read:

This firmware has now been removed. Please read the initial post for more information.

Yes that is right as issues were found that could affect connectivity, we will post another firmware when this is fixed.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:11 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

No further news, still working hard on it.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your feedback but we have a fantastically talented team. It is no small feat making an operating system that works on multiple architectures bug free. We will get it out as soon as we can.

Yes, but aside from the lua, some js... shell scripts and html arent so bad, i was referring to someone knowledgable being able to test pre-rollout woes as you're having now. also ive noticed some oddities when diffing the firmware, idk who to contact

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Albeno said:

So since that firmware was removed how do I receive an invite to the latest beta?

You don't need an invite anymore as that forum is open to the public, we'll post a new firmware there when available.

53 minutes ago, xstefen said:

Yes, but aside from the lua, some js... shell scripts and html arent so bad, i was referring to someone knowledgable being able to test pre-rollout woes as you're having now. also ive noticed some oddities when diffing the firmware, idk who to contact

We do test the firmware before releasing it, being in a lab environment for a few users and a home environment for many there will be things we don't detect. I've responded to your topic.

Still no 3.0 for XR700 ?

Haven't heard nothing about XR700 DumaOs upgrade, the topmodel that didn't get a upgrade or support for a year this is ridiculous.

Netgear should be ashamed of the very low level of support for a 400€,£,$ router.

I am using my 2016 ASUS now because I am done with this very slow updates that literally take ages. 

How can ASUS push almost every month a firmware update for a 4-5 year old model and keep updating their routers to work good and Netgear totally fails on this one.

It feels like a big middle finger to us the clients, from Netgear to us.

Screenshot_20200911-164127_Samsung Internet.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Still no 3.0 for XR700 ?

Haven't heard nothing about XR700 DumaOs upgrade, the topmodel that didn't get a upgrade or support for a year this is ridiculous.

Netgear should be ashamed of the very low level of support for a 400€,£,$ router.

I am using my 2016 ASUS now because I am done with this very slow updates that literally take ages. 

How can ASUS push almost every month a firmware update for a 4-5 year old model and keep updating their routers to work good and Netgear totally fails on this one.

Screenshot_20200911-164127_Samsung Internet.jpg

Same with the XR500! No updates for over a YEAR. Not even security updates. The XR500 was marketed by people (including LinusTechTips) saying that there will be frequent updates and that DumaOS will just get better with time. But as I said, there has not been an update for over a year..

There was the exact same router from Netgear but without DumaOS that was 120 euros cheaper. That means I spent 120 euros on a operating system that isn't even supported anymore. Since I bought the router, there has not been a single update.

At least give us security updates! https://vuldb.com/?id.154181

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Still no 3.0 for XR700 ?

I get your frustration, we are much closer to having the beta available. I would envisage just a few more weeks if all goes to plan.

28 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

Same with the XR500! No updates for over a YEAR. Not even security updates. The XR500 was marketed by people (including LinusTechTips) saying that there will be frequent updates and that DumaOS will just get better with time. But as I said, there has not been an update for over a year..

There was the exact same router from Netgear but without DumaOS that was 120 euros cheaper. That means I spent 120 euros on a operating system that isn't even supported anymore. Since I bought the router, there has not been a single update.

At least give us security updates! https://vuldb.com/?id.154181

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That link says to use .32 to fix the security update - the latest pre beta version is .56. XR500 is also in Open Beta at the moment so you can try 3.0 and help us find bugs. The latest firmware there has been removed for the moment while we fix a connectivity issue but we'll put another up soon.

@Netduma Fraser

It is really frustrating that Netgear leave buyers of one of their topmodel routers with such a big lack of support for that product almost none updates for drivers, upnp, security cert, even for the DPI I can imagine it needs updates so it can categorize the packets.

It is really disappointing.