NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: CONNECTION BENCHMARK

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

looks great, can I beta test? I bought 2 of the most  expensive gaming router's you sell the day it was released! XR700 

Glad to hear you're excited and love the routers, see my post just above:

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't have a date when it will be available but we will let everyone know how they can take part soon.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not currently, you're not missing out don't worry.

what do you mean not currently?  I guess because I run a big co. and my wife's a Dr.  the fact that we cant watch these forums day and night we missed out? we have probably spent more money on your routers than 90% of the people on here. chalk another one up for net-duma.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

what do you mean not currently?  I guess because I run a big co. and my wife's a Dr.  the fact that we cant watch these forums day and night we missed out? we have probably spent more money on your routers than 90% of the people on here. chalk another one up for net-duma.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't have a date when it will be available but we will let everyone know how they can take part soon.

This is what I wrote a few posts above yours. There is no beta test at the moment but we will let people know how they can take part. I said there aren't any beta testers at the moment and not to worry you haven't missed out on the beta.

• Administrators
On 5/6/2020 at 7:21 PM, Od1n said:

When will we be able to change the congestion algorithm that the R1 uses? In the last few seconds of this Netduma announcement video you can see the download graph and it looks like Cubic Congestion Control is used. This is sub-optimal for gaming since it doesnt consider roundtrip time or other metrics that are relevant for gaming devices in your network. And using Cubic is probably also the reason for why we are forced to set our connections to 70% to prevent congestion.

Ages ago Iain claimed to have created a congestion control algorithm that in his lab allowed him to max out his complete connection while his ping only spiked by 5 milliseconds. Googles BBR Congestion Control is very close to what he promissed, is out for several years now and could probably be implemented very quickly by you guys.

For those who dont fully understand what i mean here is a picture from google:

In the last few seconds of the Netduma Video above you can see the bandwidth graph which basically looks like left graph below in the picture. This is bad and causes lag. What you want is the right graph it gives more bandwidth AND less lag. It has some downsides but those could be adressed by the R1 only assigning BBR to gaming devices for example.

image.png.8042ad7e9cd22e2eb75e84e4c7df7f9d.png

We are making a lot of improvements to QoS - we will be revealing more on this soon. This feature won't be out in the 3.0 release, but we expect it to be the next major release. More on this soon.

• Administrators
On 5/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Tripper said:

So we can compare whats the best ISP if so I hope its something like this website where it compares the best ISP by overall score https://lagreport.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/results/eune/4782

That's right. ☺️

• Administrators
7 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

Will this be using the UDP protocol for testing (which really matters for gaming), or just the ICMP. 

I've asked the team to get back to you on this one.

5 hours ago, LegendMask said:

Is a new router device made by you guys, is in the Horizon plans or is it not even remotely close?

Right now we're focusing on 3.0 and making that the best that it can be, after that who knows!

• 2 weeks later...

What hosts are you using for this test?

It won't be accurate if your host is on the other end of the world. Running it off a router is one thing but you need to have a decent host as well :)

• Administrators
On 5/23/2020 at 8:26 PM, Bert said:

What hosts are you using for this test?

It won't be accurate if your host is on the other end of the world. Running it off a router is one thing but you need to have a decent host as well :)

It will connect to the closest server to you. The service we use has global infrastructure so where ever you are from you will get an accurate depiction of your speeds.