NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: CONNECTION BENCHMARK

Which service would that be?

For example dslreports is never accurate where I live, speedtest.net is probably the only one that is reliable :)

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

still nothing... when will we get a chance to use this firmware. this seems more like an alpha or pre alpha test than a beta... i see allot of unhappy people having to wait after all that hype about the new tools and bag of tricks this 3.0 firmware was going to have then you have kept us all in the dark. what is going on and when will we have clearer answers?

this is an open question? 

I do not understand your relentlessness in wanting to test a beta with its lot of bugs? ... And which every time will disappoint you in part!
Let there be time, you will undoubtedly be happy to be able to enjoy a stable version as soon as possible.

The team has taken note of our grievances for over a year, I dare imagine that they will offer us a FW of god fire since time ....

• Administrators

I understand you're frustrated now but performing internal tests and then a beta are very different. Different user setups, ISPs, connection methods etc. We have to be cautious, if we did an immediate open beta and it bricked everyone's routers then that would be a lose lose situation and you would be way more annoyed then. More batches will be rolled out as and when, keep an eye on your emails.

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, GT9484 said:

this is an open question? 

Quite please, beta testing behind is being done behind this closed door.

door.png

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

not the chosen one i guess... we can't all have multiple NDA's lol

The chosen one has risen! Bad number door to choose. ;)

I see nothing, two weeks have already passed,yes i know i know small groups,does anyone know if they have already added testers from europe,it's about xr500

On 6/25/2020 at 9:09 PM, raf1212 said:

I see nothing, two weeks have already passed,yes i know i know small groups,does anyone know if they have already added testers from europe,it's about xr500

Same here. I told them to sign me up for it multiple times, but I never got it in either...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ownsin said:

Same here. I told them to sign me up for it multiple times, but I never got it in either...

More testers are being added as time goes on, if you're not in one of the early batches that doesn't mean you won't get to test.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

More testers are being added as time goes on, if you're not in one of the early batches that doesn't mean you won't get to test.

I honestly have somewhere your big ads and beta

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, acoop133 said:

I dont understand the need for this feature. If i wanted to know my connection speed, id just go run a speed test on the web.

There is a few different reasons such as:

• Connection Benchmark does a test straight from the router to the server, compared to a normal speed test which goes from your device. This could help you identify where an issue might be if you're getting differing speeds from a device compared to the router.
  • It provides much more information about the speed test including grading the connection.
  • You can schedule the tests to run at certain times, days, frequencies so you can gauge whether your connection is running optimally all the time or whether your connection is suffering e.g. during peak times. This could then be used to contact your ISP.
  • It also does a ping test that measures your average ping, jitter and packet loss.
  • It does a ping test under load so you can see what kind of ping you would get when your connection is saturated.
  • In the future you'll be able to use QoS to directly influence the above test to try and minimize this as much as possible.
  • You can keep a history of your tests and able to view the details of each one.
  • Provides a graphical view of the results as well as figures and grades.
  • It's all done from the interface so no need to go to a separate website!

On 7/24/2020 at 4:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There is a few different reasons such as:

• Connection Benchmark does a test straight from the router to the server, compared to a normal speed test which goes from your device. This could help you identify where an issue might be if you're getting differing speeds from a device compared to the router.
  • It provides much more information about the speed test including grading the connection.
  • You can schedule the tests to run at certain times, days, frequencies so you can gauge whether your connection is running optimally all the time or whether your connection is suffering e.g. during peak times. This could then be used to contact your ISP.
  • It also does a ping test that measures your average ping, jitter and packet loss.
  • It does a ping test under load so you can see what kind of ping you would get when your connection is saturated.
  • In the future you'll be able to use QoS to directly influence the above test to try and minimize this as much as possible.
  • You can keep a history of your tests and able to view the details of each one.
  • Provides a graphical view of the results as well as figures and grades.
  • It's all done from the interface so no need to go to a separate website!

Ok that makes sense. I can go a bitch to Virgin Media with proof :D

• 1 month later...

good night .. why my low speed test like that? my plan is 1gb download and 600 upload .. when i leave it on my direct modem it arrives now with xr500 this happens .. can someone help me? obs: sorry for the english and google translator lol

15996855576076154223613266894763.jpg

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Nougt_zica said:

good night .. why my low speed test like that? my plan is 1gb download and 600 upload .. when i leave it on my direct modem it arrives now with xr500 this happens .. can someone help me? obs: sorry for the english and google translator lol

Please post any issues in the Netgear beta forum. We will be improving upon the speed there but you will be getting full speeds if you do speedtest.net for example.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Please post any issues in the Netgear beta forum. We will be improving upon the speed there but you will be getting full speeds if you do speedtest.net for example.

How can I improve my ping under load? I have A+ on the first two benches, but the latest one only a C, I have optic fiber with 1ms of latency to the closest server and 300mbs/50,mbs download/upload. In QOS I set up everything at 70% and in distribution gaming at 25%. Still couldn't find a way to improve the latency under load on my xr500

• Administrators
13 hours ago, SturmButcher said:

How can I improve my ping under load? I have A+ on the first two benches, but the latest one only a C, I have optic fiber with 1ms of latency to the closest server and 300mbs/50,mbs download/upload. In QOS I set up everything at 70% and in distribution gaming at 25%. Still couldn't find a way to improve the latency under load on my xr500

You will need to experiment with the Congestion Control percentages while using 'Always' to find what lowers the Ping Under Load result the most. Don't forget to try higher than 70% as well as lower.

1 hora atrás, Netduma Fraser disse:

Você precisa experimentar como porcentagens de controle de congestionamento ao usar 'Sempre' para descobrir o que mais reduz o resultado de Ping sob carga. Não se esqueça de tentar acima de 70% e também abaixo.

como faço para melhorar meu download? este "D"

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Compreendido, obrigado. Você estará obtendo boas velocidades normalmente, estaremos melhorando a velocidade informada lá. Por favor, poste no fórum beta do Netgear para quaisquer problemas com este firmware.

could you send me the link please