COVID-19 and what it means for Netduma

Netduma Luke

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can assure you that we are all working just as hard as usual and I expect that you'll see a beta announcement soon.

Just focus on being safe dude. I may rag on the company for their unfulfilled promises but I have a different stance on folks like you, who has been the ONLY voice in these forums for a long time. Family is important, trust me.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I can assure you that we are all working just as hard as usual and I expect that you'll see a beta announcement soon.

Would you please stop using that word in this context. It doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. You have been saying that for nearly a year. All you are doing by using that word is creating false hype. It's inconceivable.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Staying safe is priority above all else.

Personally though, I've read the 'coming soon' line for far too long already so have switched router and now selling my XR500. Had more updates on my new router already in one week than in my XR500 ownership.  Not always a good thing I know but reassuring in a way that software is constantly being refined/improved. Plus I also have a useful mobile app to control/monitor things which adds convenience to me (I know an app is 'coming soon' here also).

Hope the 3.0 launch goes well for everyone :) 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, WhiteHartMart said:

Staying safe is priority above all else.

Personally though, I've read the 'coming soon' line for far too long already so have switched router and now selling my XR500. Had more updates on my new router already in one week than in my XR500 ownership.  Not always a good thing I know but reassuring in a way that software is constantly being refined/improved. Plus I also have a useful mobile app to control/monitor things which adds convenience to me (I know an app is 'coming soon' here also).

Hope the 3.0 launch goes well for everyone :) 

and I can ask you what router you changed,

On 4/5/2020 at 10:34 AM, xolhid said:

Would you please stop using that word in this context. It doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. You have been saying that for nearly a year. All you are doing by using that word is creating false hype. It's inconceivable.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Soon

As defined by Netduma:  "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future.  "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Netduma and the end user.  "Soon" will arrive some day.  Netduma does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time.  Maybe.  Do not make plans based on "soon" as Netduma will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Ok folks, today is the fateful day. I am no longer a Netduma user. Waited patiently (and not so patiently at times) for any new releases, but as of this morning, I went back to my ol' trusty Netgear WNDR3800 with OpenWRT LEDE, and I gotta say, for a device that was shoved in the back of a closet (much like my Netduma), it sprung to life with efficiency and gusto.

Good luck to all of you, and hopefully will go back when DumaOS 3.0 is out and available for BrainOS and AI devices in the near 2050. Stay safe out there!

1 hour ago, raf1212 said:

hello what do you think about the router ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000,patience is over how long I have to wait

Anything from the ROG lineup is solid in my opinion, although I have mostly just bought PC parts from ASUS and I'm not going back to anything else. Then again, you will benefit a lot from a router that runs firmware that actually exists.

19 hours ago, raikun said:

Anything from the ROG lineup is solid in my opinion, although I have mostly just bought PC parts from ASUS and I'm not going back to anything else. Then again, you will benefit a lot from a router that runs firmware that actually exists.

Can't say anything about their RoG routers as I don't own one but my Asus RoG G750JZ laptop is by far the best I've owned and will probably replace it with another RoG laptop.

The Netduma R1 will be updated first but that thing is almost a fossile. Then of course you can upgrade to another version, but then you wait even longer on a update, on average 1.5 years or more. More and more games are being played on Dedicated servers and people all around the world have way better and faster internet then even 1.5 year ago, which makes a lot of the Netduma focussed features obsolete. They are still busy implementing long and awaited features (from 2.5 years ago) or still havent fixed issues and bugs that are around just as long.

But I think that by now we should have seen (new) features that matter today. Cloud options, Hybrid VPN for all routers and one that works flawlessly, Anti Jitter, Downloading and commanding router from outside the house. Better security options. Device Manager that lets you actually remove devices! Especially if they already left my house 8 months ago, I understand I can reset it, but I sell between 20 to 50 laptops a week and everytime I have issues to remove a device from the list.

We have also used a Netduma in our Airbnb so natural that spot will see a lot of people and everytime I have to reset it and then remove all the devices one by one. I now swapped the Netduma with a Asus Rog and it automatically deletes a device that doesnt't connect to it after 72 hours, perfect! I can control everything in that house with it or connect everything to it without a problem. Micro managment is what we need and not half baked options that even after 1.5 year still dont work without issues. Especially on the XR500. 

Portforwarding, Hybrid VPN, Device Manager, Ping Asist, everything looks outdated and is glitchy as hell. I have a issue where all my Hybrid VPN settings would dissapear everytime. The Netduma team was like: we looked into it and we could re-create the same issue also on our side, we hope we will have a fix for this soon, sorry. That was 14 months ago and it still happens it is crazy.

I have friends and family members that bought the NetdumaR1 and XR500 because of me. They don't roam the forums and keep asking me about updates I showed them were already be in the pipe line and on there way more then 2 years ago! 

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators
57 minutes ago, TimothyYoung said:

Duma 3.0? 😒

56 minutes ago, TimothyYoung said:

also not that it's a big deal your firmware for xr300 needs updated to what netgear currently has, your site is a little behind

Thanks I've updated that now. 3.0 is available on all platforms now other than the XR300 and we're working hard to get that out as soon as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 5:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks I've updated that now. 3.0 is available on all platforms now other than the XR300 and we're working hard to get that out as soon as possible.

Oh wow I wasn't aware it had been released at all to the public, glad to know this router will some new changes in the near future.

Also what other models are their with duma 3.0 at the time excluding R1 & R2

3 hours ago, TimothyYoung said:

Oh wow I wasn't aware it had been released at all to the public, glad to know this router will some new changes in the near future.

Most of the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming range now have an open beta for DumaOS 3.0, except for the XR300.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, TimothyYoung said:

Excluding the R1, R2 & XR300 there is:

XR450 - 3.0 Open Beta
XR500 - 3.0 Open Beta
XR700 - 3.0 Open Beta
XR1000 - 3.0 pre-installed