Constant Peer to Peer

Foedus Gratiae

35 minutes ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

I'm getting constant Peer hosting. Right?!? (pic attached). What's going on? 

And every time I try to flush the cloud I get the R-App is taking too long.

If you actually read any of the latest threads you would know that servers are being misidentified as Peer even though in the majority of cases it is actually a dedicated server. This is going to supposedly be fixed with the next major cloud update. When? Who knows.

Just now, xolhid said:

If you actually read any of the latest threads you would know that servers are being misidentified as Peer even though in the majority of cases it is actually a dedicated server. This is going to supposedly be fixed with the next major cloud update. When? who knows.

Well, when I am seeing migrating host that leads me to believe I am not on a dedicated server...

2 hours ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

Well, when I am seeing migrating host that leads me to believe I am not on a dedicated server...

I get the same thing. There is a lot of p2p on this game. I know some of them are dedi's. Either way they all play like crap.

• Administrators

The game does a crucial network check when you boot up the game. It pings all the dedicated servers in the game and every server that your Geo-Filter blocks will no longer be chosen by the game to host any match you play. If this bootup includes servers we have in the wrong location, it can just mean you'll often get P2P.

If you ever find you're just getting P2P, and you'd prefer servers, reboot the game. It should then work better the next time.

12 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

The game does a crucial network check when you boot up the game. It pings all the dedicated servers in the game and every server that your Geo-Filter blocks will no longer be chosen by the game to host any match you play. If this bootup includes servers we have in the wrong location, it can just mean you'll often get P2P.

If you ever find you're just getting P2P, and you'd prefer servers, reboot the game. It should then work better the next time.

I have no blocks, but I still cannot get onto a dedi. This wasn't a problem before. 

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

I have no blocks, but I still cannot get onto a dedi. This wasn't a problem before. 

Could be there's an ongoing issue with the dedicated servers? Looks like a lot of people were reporting issues last night here: https://downdetector.com/status/call-of-duty

12 hours ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

have you tried your Geo filter in spectating mode when booting the game up?  as i'm getting dedi servers when i do this. the main server from me is misplaced and is in the USA even tho i'm in UK.  and i have 11ms ping to it. give this a try and let me know. 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Until we have a cloud update all this is just a big guessing game.  Also seems every time Treyarch releases a little update it upsets the apple cart.   Either way I'm enjoying the DumaOS. it's really a major upgrade for the R1. The problem here is BO4.  

It shouldn't be like this every time; we're working on new systems to streamline a bunch of things. Speeding up with Netgear is one of our main focuses moving forwards. I'm really glad you're enjoying DumaOS :D

9 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

It shouldn't be like this every time; we're working on new systems to streamline a bunch of things. Speeding up with Netgear is one of our main focuses moving forwards. I'm really glad you're enjoying DumaOS :D

I just cannot find a server. No matter what I do. Restart, etc. Flush cloud only causes Duma to hang. 

Game is currently playing worse than BLOPS 1. 

Best way to check if you're getting dedicated servers is in-game...

Before the game starts, there's a number at the top, if the number has an 'E' at the end then it's a dedicated server.

When you're actually in a match, press start, go to the options network section, the server number appears there too. If it has the 'E' then it's a dedicated server.

While the Netduma cloud has misplaced dedis, the 'E' is the best way to check.

4 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Before the game starts, there's a number at the top, if the number has an 'E' at the end then it's a dedicated server.

When you're actually in a match, press start, go to the options network section, the server number appears there too. If it has the 'E' then it's a dedicated server.

I cant even get into games, nor can the people u know it takes extemely long and has us as the host

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, ugotstretched said:

But if one of my friends without the duma is the party leader i can play fine.  The Geo filter and all work perfect

That sounds like something is getting blocked by the Geo-Filter that shouldn't be. Can you see anything getting blocked when you search for a game / can't connect?

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

That sounds like something is getting blocked by the Geo-Filter that shouldn't be. Can you see anything getting blocked when you search for a game / can't connect?

Nope its only when im trying to be party leader or solo.  If one of my friends starts the party the geo works fine.  Its even like this when turning geo off

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ugotstretched said:

Nope its only when im trying to be party leader or solo.  If one of my friends starts the party the geo works fine.  Its even like this when turning geo off

I'd hazard to guess that because you're restricting with the Geo the pool of available games is lower understandably then adding more players in that pool gets even smaller as 2 spaces need to be filled. Do you notice if it's any better doing that during peak times/non peak times?

5 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Are you referring to "Network Version" I'm not seeing any other numbers. And the numbers in the top upper right? 

If so, no E for me...

1 hour ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

Are you referring to "Network Version" I'm not seeing any other numbers. And the numbers in the top upper right? 

If so, no E for me...

The number in the very top right...

Best place to check is during a match because the pre-game (and post-game?) lobby might be hosted on P2P before you get bounced onto a dedi. In-game, press pause, go to the options, then network, it's in the top right there too. I don't have a screenshot of that though.

dedi-e.thumb.JPG.27a78b2841637cd905f71dfc98dd877e.JPG

Just now, ColonicBoom said:

The number in the top right...

Best place to check is during a match because the pre-game (and post-game?) lobby might be hosted on P2P before you get bounced onto a dedi. In-game, press pause, go to the options, then network, it's in the top right there too.

dedi-e.thumb.JPG.27a78b2841637cd905f71dfc98dd877e.JPG

Thanks. I saw it as soon as I was done asking... Old man eyes.

2 minutes ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

Thanks. I saw it as soon as I was done asking... Old man eyes.

I know the feeling.

If I find I'm getting P2P or it's taking ages to search, I just dashboard it and then it's ok after that. I've only played one P2P game in the last few weeks.

Just now, ColonicBoom said:

I know the feeling.

If I find I'm getting P2P or it's taking ages to search, I just dashboard it and then it's ok after that. I've only played one P2P game in the last few weeks.

I downgraded back to .j and have had no problems. Back on servers without all the headache.