R1 DumaOS 1.1 & 1.3 Wifi calling troubleshoot

major masingil

Duma Army,

Please attempt to use Wifi calling on your mobile phones once you have upgraded to R1 DumaOS 1.1 or 1.3. 

I am hoping to determine if the issue I am having is systemic or local to my router/firmware.

Please note that wifi calling may appear to be functional for a period after the firmware upgrade, but its possible that it will fail after the initial success. 

Wifi calling worked on the original R1 firmware. It was only after Duma OS was introduced that this issue presented itself. 

I'm using T-Mobile phone network on a samsung Note 8 device

1 minute ago, major masingil said:

Duma Army,

Please attempt to use Wifi calling on your mobile phones once you have upgraded to R1 DumaOS 1.1 or 1.3. 

I am hoping to determine if the issue I am having is systematic or local to my router/firmware.

Please note that wifi calling may appear to be functional for a period after the firmware upgrade, but its possible that it will fail after the initial success. 

Wifi calling worked on the original R1 firmware. It was only after Duma OS was introduced that this issue presented itself. 

I'm using T-Mobile phone network on a samsung Note 8 device

EE iPhone 6

WiFi Calling does not function.

don't know if that is limited to the R1 dumaOS as mine is back in my drawer, but on the XR500 and XR700 wifi calling on Three network on iphone 6+ works fine. 

2 hours ago, Zennon said:

EE iPhone 6

WiFi Calling does not function.

Thanks Zennon

5 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

don't know if that is limited to the R1 dumaOS as mine is back in my drawer, but on the XR500 and XR700 wifi calling on Three network on iphone 6+ works fine. 

Thanks BD. My buddy is running wifi calling on the XR-500 without issue too. Every little bit of info helps!

@pollutionblues

Could you please run a check on your DumaOS enhanced R1 for wifi calling?

I cannot use wifi calling on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I really dont use it but I went ahead and tested it.

I took my phone to another wifi network and I could connect so I can confirm that for some reason it does not work behind my R1 Duma OS router. I'm running the latest firmware.

I also forgot to mention that I am not using the wifi on the router itself. I am using the Linksys Velop configured in bridge mode (no firewall so it's just an WAP).

Edited by Nuyorrican
Add more info

• 3 weeks later...

Any update/acknowledgement from Netduma team as to whether this is a recognised issue and if there is progress being made to resolve?

Wifi calling also does not work for me under DumaOS on R1 - using iPhone 8 on Vodafone UK.

Thanks,

Never worked for me on original R1 firmware. Only worked if the R1 wasn't the router. Connecting directly to the Modem allowed Wi-Fi calling to work. Whenever it has to go through the R1, it doesn't work.

I've tried connecting to the R1's direct Wi-Fi network & via an Access Point connected to the network, still no luck when it has to go through the R1.

Three (UK) - iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, & iPhone 7 Plus devices!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks guys - it's on our Roadmap. Hopefully have something out for this in the near future.

Sorry to press the issue, but just wanted to see if there had been any progress made with this yet? It's causing an absolute nightmare in my home - real difficulties for phone calls here without Wifi calling working properly. It's getting to the point that I may have to consider stripping Duma out of my setup altogether to keep the peace here.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Just over a year has past.  Any news on this? I can do a wifi call through my isp router, no problem. My r1 router just doesn't work for this. There must be a solution by now? 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:55 AM, Tappy said:

Just over a year has past.  Any news on this? I can do a wifi call through my isp router, no problem. My r1 router just doesn't work for this. There must be a solution by now? 

no resolution for this yet. I haven't heard anything which says it has been specifically addressed in the upcoming firmware upgrade either.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We haven't got specific updates to this but we are making changes to how QoS works so I would ask that you try 3.0 when it is available in beta and then we can make changes if it still isn't working.

I missed the window for signing up to beta test 3.0, but I would be happy to assist. 

17 hours ago, major masingil said:

I missed the window for signing up to beta test 3.0, but I would be happy to assist. 

I didn't even realise there was a window to sign up to test, whoops 😅

2 hours ago, Tappy said:

Thanks for the replies. When is 3.0 available?

I'm sure this must just be a setting that we're missing 🤔

It's not a setting. It's an issue in the program.  Netduma is still working on 3.0. They haven't issued a date for when it will be ready for the public.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Tappy said:

Thanks for the replies. When is 3.0 available?

I'm sure this must just be a setting that we're missing 🤔

We're not announcing any deadlines but we'll be moving ahead with the beta soon. The only thing I could think of that would affect this would be QoS and with that disabled it still occurs so I don't think there is a setting. Perhaps toggling SIP ALG or IGMP Proxying on XR routers in WAN Settings would help but still for the R1 those options are not available so still a solution we need to make.

5 hours ago, Jakosaur said:

I didn't even realise there was a window to sign up to test, whoops 😅

There isn't really, it was more of an informal let us know if you want in thing. We'll likely do more official signup closer to the time.