NEW FIRMWARE OUT (Netduma R1): DumaOS Development Milestone 1.3

Netduma Luke

Guys I need help on the new duma OS, my QOS doesn't seem to work.  I have my PS4 setup as priority but when I stream video on my TV it impacts my pings, I don't think Qos is working at all.  I have it all configured but its not working or having any impact.  I set the anti buffer to 80% bandwidth up and down but no joy.  I have 36 Meg down and about 8 Up.

any ideas whats going on? I also gave my Ps4 70% bandwidth to test and again no impact, im still getting ping spikes while Netflix is on the TV.  PS4 is also set as priority under QOS also, its got a static IP and open Nat.

Any help would be really appreciated.

2 hours ago, Kaks07 said:

Hi,

Just a question. I set my ping assist lets say 30ms but when I am connected to people the Duma pings over 100. Is this normal? or am I missing something?

thanks.

Doesn't sounds right to me :(  , ping assist should put you on dedicated servers at below the value you have set I think. 

43 minutes ago, anybloodyname said:

Doesn't sounds right to me :(  , ping assist should put you on dedicated servers at below the value you have set I think. 

Well I do play Destiny so its mostly P2P. COD on another hand could be another story. Cannot comment as I do not play it.

Cheers.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Kaks07 said:

Hi,

Just a question. I set my ping assist lets say 30ms but when I am connected to people the Duma pings over 100. Is this normal? or am I missing something?

thanks.

Hi there - this sounds like a misunderstanding to me fortunately. The objective of Ping Assist is to find you a host / server below the value you set (wherever it's located). It will NOT prevent players from connecting to the host / server if they have a high ping.

You can tell who's the host of the game because they'll be the largest icon on the map by some margin. You can still connect to hosts over your set Ping Assist value if they're within your radius. (The distance radius still counts with Ping Assist on!)

I hope this helps!

2 hours ago, anybloodyname said:

Guys I need help on the new duma OS, my QOS doesn't seem to work.  I have my PS4 setup as priority but when I stream video on my TV it impacts my pings, I don't think Qos is working at all.  I have it all configured but its not working or having any impact.  I set the anti buffer to 80% bandwidth up and down but no joy.  I have 36 Meg down and about 8 Up.

any ideas whats going on? I also gave my Ps4 70% bandwidth to test and again no impact, im still getting ping spikes while Netflix is on the TV.  PS4 is also set as priority under QOS also, its got a static IP and open Nat.

Any help would be really appreciated.

I've replied to your other thread :)

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi there - this sounds like a misunderstanding to me fortunately. The objective of Ping Assist is to find you a host / server below the value you set (wherever it's located). It will NOT prevent players from connecting to the host / server if they have a high ping.

You can tell who's the host of the game because they'll be the largest icon on the map by some margin. You can still connect to hosts over your set Ping Assist value if they're within your radius. (The distance radius still counts with Ping Assist on!)

I hope this helps!

I've replied to your other thread :)

Hi Jack,

Makes sense I though it was the other way around. Since I play Destiny for me there are multiple players that are circled but there are gaps in the circle. Hard to explain hahaha. So maybe they are all hosting? Thanks in advance.

• Netduma Staff
11 minutes ago, nunogsm said:

i have a simple doubt, if i upgrade my R1, with version 6j, to milestone 1.3 - and by some reason i want to downgrade to 6j, its possible?

This should be possible, yes. Make sure to follow all downgrade instructions extremely carefully.

You have to be patient. There not giving it out to everyone all at once. I signed up when the first announcement of it was made. I just got an email last week about it and with a link. There only sending it out to a certain amount. Be patient. 

16 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

" Everyone who has signed up to the Open Beta of DumaOS will have received an email with the firmware link and installation instructions. "

i signed and i get the beta to test, but dont receive this final version.

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, nunogsm said:

" Everyone who has signed up to the Open Beta of DumaOS will have received an email with the firmware link and installation instructions. "

i signed and i get the beta to test, but dont receive this final version.

Yeh this happened to a couple of people. If you email [email protected] I'll hook you up with it!