Random disconnects with wired connection

Why is it that some people are experiencing disconnections from time to time on wired while others don't. So far, do not have this issue thank goodness except for my cat stepping on the router button for the 2nd time now disabling WiFi. :lol: 
Is there a way to make the buttons not do anything instead? 

• Administrators

Why is it that some people are experiencing disconnections from time to time on wired while others don't. So far, do not have this issue thank goodness except for my cat stepping on the router button for the 2nd time now disabling WiFi. :lol: 

Is there a way to make the buttons not do anything instead? 

I don’t think so unfortunately! 

The reason is mostly caused by Xbox one when it’s in sleep mode (but not exclusively). Not sure on the exact cause as it’s Netgear who fixed it!

FYI microsoft finally admits there a problem with xbox if your having an issue with that just that,

Networking

• When the console wakes from Instant on/connected standby with a wired connection, the console may not recognize that the Ethernet cable is plugged in. Workaround: Please reboot the console via Guide -> reboot.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/05/new-preview-alpha-skip-ahead-1810-system-update-7-5-18/#tGjlXgpfLHiuryjC.99

• Administrators

FYI microsoft finally admits there a problem with xbox if your having an issue with that just that,

Networking

• When the console wakes from Instant on/connected standby with a wired connection, the console may not recognize that the Ethernet cable is plugged in. Workaround: Please reboot the console via Guide -> reboot.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/05/new-preview-alpha-skip-ahead-1810-system-update-7-5-18/#tGjlXgpfLHiuryjC.99

Awesome, thanks for sharing

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Killhippie

I noticed firmware V2.3.2.22 is now out. 

Should we upgrade to this version or does it not contain the fixes to the problems we've had?

This version has been out for a while now (since the 18th of June in the UK) If Fraser has given you a version with a fix for stability issues I would stay on that until the new release which contains that fix.

• Administrators

As above, the next version released will have the fix. 

---

If anyone is still having the issue please let me know as there are commands I would like you to run when the issue occurs in order to gain more information for a fix.

• Administrators

Getting the same internet disconnects after a couple of days ethernet or wifi requiring a reboot.

Hi Keno - I'll PM you the latest firmware to try now.

• Administrators

I have the same issue. Smart tv and plcs not working because of the ethernet problem. Can I have access to the firmware that fix this, please?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've sent you a PM with the firmware.

Which firmware is the newest one? I'm currently what the router to believes is the current one. I've lost all connectivity on my lan ports. When i reboot the router it works for approx 6 mins then everything goes back to being offline.

• Administrators

Which firmware is the newest one? I'm currently what the router to believes is the current one. I've lost all connectivity on my lan ports. When i reboot the router it works for approx 6 mins then everything goes back to being offline.

Sent you a newer firmware with the fix.

I have sent you a PM with a firmware to try

Can I grab the latest firmware to try as well Fraser. I assume this a new build compiled or was it still the same V2.2.1.10-DBG-XR356-180522a from a month ago?

• Administrators

Can I grab the latest firmware to try as well Fraser. I assume this a new build compiled or was it still the same V2.2.1.10-DBG-XR356-180522a from a month ago?

It's a newer firmware with that fix in, sent you a PM.

Fraser, is only happening to users with consoles plugged in (wired) directly to the router ?

i was reading a post of yours somewhere else and one poster commented that they were using a switch (between devices and the xr500) which stopped the random disconnects.

Im curious about this as I too have many devices (including consoles) connected, but i don't get the disconnect issues. I am using a netgear switch between my devices and the router, so maybe there is some fact to it.....

my xbox was already set to auto Instant-on mode (ps4 the same) and had no issues .... since its all working for me as is... i dont want to change anything....lol

ps. i have noticed though that Teamviewer disconnects quite a lot using this router.... ?