Random disconnects with wired connection

On 2/22/2019 at 6:47 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! In your case I'd recommend downgrading to firmware version .32 to check if that resolves it. Our developers are aware of some cases appearing with this Device Manager problem. We're investigating it to find the cause, and as with all cases like this, if there is anything to fix it will be resolved in a future firmware release.

It's still early days for DumaOS; we'll be supporting it for years to come, so it will continue to become more stable and comprehensive. We'll try to keep you in the loop about when a new firmware version is available :) 

1st, where are the options to downgrade the firmware? I want to be sure not to harm my router tinkering around. 

2ndly, this firmware bug is not limited to just Xbox one's instant on feature. Turning instant on to Off seems like a temporary fix for Xbox users. Please note that This firmware bug affects everything connected via Ethernet in my home network. I hope it's a firmware bug and not defective Ethernet ports. Can any of the NetDuma Admins confirm this issue with their routers? 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Spartyspar said:

1st, where are the options to downgrade the firmware? I want to be sure not to harm my router tinkering around. 

2ndly, this firmware bug is not limited to just Xbox one's instant on feature. Turning instant on to Off seems like a temporary fix for Xbox users. Please note that This firmware bug affects everything connected via Ethernet in my home network. I hope it's a firmware bug and not defective Ethernet ports. Can any of the NetDuma Admins confirm this issue with their routers? 

1. Same way you upgrade normally, you'll just need to download the previous firmware from the Netgear website and then 'upgrade' from Settings > Administration.

2. When we say it's related to instant on/rest modes we know it affects all ethernet devices but that's what seems to trigger it. We and Netgear are aware of it and multiple teams are looking into it. It's not faulty ports.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Dean1978 said:

Hello, 

I have problem with my xr500 with wifi disconnection. I instaled .22, .32, and .40 SW, but nothing helped. 

Can i have any help??

thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest you create a new topic regarding the issue so we can focus on your issue. I would suggest disabling smart connect and connecting to the individual 2.4GHz/5GHz and seeing if that resolves the issue.