Random disconnects with wired connection

Guest Killhippie
8 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

Just be damn thankful you dont have a Linksys wrt3200acm like I have. I have Lede installed on it but the original stock version that it came with is still on version 1.0 it has never had an update since it's launch :(    I hate Linksys!

That is awful, no update at all! Then again Asus make loads of firmware updates but hardware failure rates are higher it seems with some units. You really can't win :(

• Administrators
2 hours ago, badcompany2006 said:

Hi I'm getting random disconnects constantly on my xr500 is there a fix for this please

I'll DM you now.

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, WarMosquito said:

Would this issue be why I'm getting constant errors playing Destiny 2 ? I play on the PS4 side and am having a horrid time staying connected. If so what's the fix?

I think that's down to Bungie, Although I suppose a update to the Cloud database may be needed, I wouldn't know about that, Fraser would. I getting 'Lettuce" then being kicked to orbit a lot, last night was bad, I think Destiny servers are heaving right now when forsaken was released, also it was a big update so people on slower connections may be still coming online as it was with over 35GB in all. This is not the same thing as the disconnections unless all other devices loose connection too. It sounds like you are just being bounced from Destiny servers as they are at capacity. Do you end up in orbit after a black screen?

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, WarMosquito said:

Would this issue be why I'm getting constant errors playing Destiny 2 ? I play on the PS4 side and am having a horrid time staying connected. If so what's the fix?

This could be Bungie themselves, but equally it could be our cloud. We have a lot on at the minute so we haven't yet tested Forsaken - it could be they've added more servers which need to be whitelisted.

If you ever spot a blocked server when you get kicked please provide us with the ID - we can take a look and see if it needs to be added.

Until we release a cloud update, I'd recommend disabling the Geo-Filter and checking whether the booting still happens.

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I think that's down to Bungie, Although I suppose a update to the Cloud database may be needed, I wouldn't know about that, Fraser would. I getting 'Lettuce" then being kicked to orbit a lot, last night was bad, I think Destiny servers are heaving right now when forsaken was released, also it was a big update so people on slower connections may be still coming online as it was with over 35GB in all. This is not the same thing as the disconnections unless all other devices loose connection too. It sounds like you are just being bounced from Destiny servers as they are at capacity. Do you end up in orbit after a black screen?

Yes lettuce and cabbage errors, Ive replaced all my patch cables also had my friend from Comcast come out and make me all new coaxial cables and still getting booted constantly.

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, WarMosquito said:

Yes lettuce and cabbage errors, Ive replaced all my patch cables also had my friend from Comcast come out and make me all new coaxial cables and still getting booted constantly.

Played for two almost  just now no booting at all. I think it’s definately Bungie. 

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Played for two almost  just now no booting at all. I think it’s definately Bungie. 

I shut off the Geo filter and it seems to be better but still agitated as it's taken two days to figure it out. Thanks for the ideas as to what was happening. Hopefully a update will come soon.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Infinity9 said:

Could I get the new firmware?  I'm also experiencing drops as well.

I have messaged you. Let us know if you’re still having problems. 

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, WarMosquito said:

I shut off the Geo filter and it seems to be better but still agitated as it's taken two days to figure it out. Thanks for the ideas as to what was happening. Hopefully a update will come soon.

I can play fine with Geo filter on, my main issue is the tower at night I get booted all the time and there literally no people in the tower when that happens, even Destiny's own characters are missing. The rest of the map is playable though, so I think a patch will be incoming soonish or server maintenance as its all perfectly fine in the day from the UK for myself. New update glitches I'm guessing.

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I can play fine with Geo filter on, my main issue is the tower at night I get booted all the time and there literally no people in the tower when that happens, even Destiny's own characters are missing. The rest of the map is playable though, so I think a patch will be incoming soonish or server maintenance as its all perfectly fine in the day from the UK for myself. New update glitches I'm guessing.

Ah the old empty tower bug - this has been ongoing for ages and we've figured out that it's not related to the Geo-Filter. The Geo-Filter can't block other players from joining a server - it only blocks the server itself. Since you're managing to connect to a server, yet there's no players there, it's conclusively not a Geo-Filter issue.

I get it all the time too; tends to happen for a while after every update, and it's super annoying!

Guest Killhippie
8 hours ago, lethaz4 said:

Hi, I'm getting random disconnects on Firmware 2.3.2.32 .

What devices are getting disconnected? You could try a factory reset and add your information back manually not via a backup which brings with it low level information that may conflict with the new firmware, I know its a pain but its worth a try. Also using DHCP reservation may help so your devices are always given the same IP. If not I would contact Netgear. Most people seem to be doing better on Frasers and the more recent Netgear release but there are sadly always exceptions to the rule, if a factory reset does not solve the issues Netgear would be your next port of call possibly. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, lethaz4 said:

There is one device getting disconnects that is the Xbox One I will try DHCP reservation as I had already reset. 

There is an Xbox One Alpha update that provides better stability when using instant on mode. If the latest router firmware hasn’t resolved it then hopefully that will one the Xbox update has been publicly released. Until then disable instant on mode on the Xbox, does that resolve the issue? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, 

I heard that XR500 Firmware V2.3.2.32 has now been released. Just want to see if this update holds the changes that we currently have and whether it is safe to upgrade to the latest version now.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Hey, 

I heard that XR500 Firmware V2.3.2.32 has now been released. Just want to see if this update holds the changes that we currently have and whether it is safe to upgrade to the latest version now.

In short: Yes & Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the story:

I bought an XR500, and used it with a CM1000 modem. The XR500 would randomly reboot multiple times a day, whether actively using connected devices or not  This was random, but seemed to occur every 3-8 hours. When it reboots, I then need to reset it because the LAN and wireless would not work. Sometimes, the unit would not reboot, just simply drop the LAN connections and continue to stream through wifi. The full random reboot was more common at approx 2:1. When this occurs, I can connect directly into the modem and it works just fine, so it can't be the ISP or the Modem from what I understand. I contacted netgear, who through team viewer, didnt change much on the settings (she switched to "use PC MAC Address" (originally the XR500's MAC), and "Use this DHCP" (Origninally obtained from ISP). She then stated that if it didnt work to exchange the unit. The problem persisted, so I did exchange the unit. The same problem persisted.

I tried every suggestion on this thread except for 2. Those are: downgrade firmware. Turn off the auto on feature on Xbox One. This seems to have initially worked for a couple people on these threads, but have never confirmed it corrected the issue entirely, and chronically.

My question through this: Has there been any confirmed solution to this issue? I tried every suggestion, and returned the unit, going with the Asus Ac2900. But nothing seems to touch the XR500 when its functioning. I'd really like to pick it up again, but I need to know I can make it stable. I believe I've ruled out any hardware malfunction across the board (unless I freakishly got 2 defective units back to back), and have ruled out ISP issues. So it must be a software issue, correct? Please Netduma friends, even if there is no "confirmed" solution, if you have a solid guess as to what could solve this issue, I would love to repurchase the unit and attempt it again.

Thank you so much for your time and I apologize for such a long read!

• Administrators

Netgear are still looking into this with the collaboration from other teams as other routers are affected by this as well. Seems to be related to low power/standby modes on consoles affecting the LAN. If you put the consoles in energy saving mode/power it off fully after use does that resolve the issue?

@Netduma Fraser

The router was already returned, but I'd like to give it another shot because without the rebooting issue, it's absolutely amazing. So I'll get it again, attempt turning off the power saving settings on xbox and what not, then let you know how it goes. Will probably be a week or so, but I'll tag you when I've attempted it. Thanks for the quick response!

On 10/16/2018 at 4:45 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Hope it works out for you Josh - let us know if you need any other help with your settings etc. once it arrives.

Just an update:

I've been using the XR500 again with all the same settings and properties, as well as ISP and modem, and all the same hardware connected. All is the exact same with the single exception of my Xbox One X being in "energy-Saver" mode vs the prior used "instant on". After 48 hours now, I've had not a single random reboot! Prior to this attempt using the XR500, I would have had at least 4 reboots, maybe up to 10. But I've had zero, so this was an undeniable fix.

I'm not sure why this would cause the issue, but it seems to have been the whole time...wild. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work as I'm sure issues like this have to be like finding a needle in a haystack. So thank you to everyone with Duma.