COD WW2 Activision servers will break a man

major masingil

Since WW2 released I'd get the occasional lag out. Maybe 1 or 2 times a week.  Since the last 2 patches I can barely play the game.  I keep "disconnecting from activision servers."  I stopped using the Geofilter to see if that was causing me to disconnect, but it's not the GF.  Now I'm only using Ping Assist, but I am getting kicked out almost every other game.  Especially if I have a really good game.  I was trying to bank on all the double XP for Winter Seige Update this weekend, but ended up having to reboot so much that it seemed like I was only getting regular XP.  I won't even mention the lost supply drops and other awards I earned but didn't get.  

I'm going to have to go back to TF2.  It's mechanically superior in every way. If you're on top of a leaderboard in TF1 or TF 2 you deserve to be there.  The amount of skill it takes to play well makes it really hard to learn, but once you know the movement, it makes you feel like you can do anything.  WW2 is fun, but it seriously looks like a trip back in time to Nintendo 64 as far as player mechanics and graphics. If I'm going to lag out almost every game and lose anything I gained why would i want to embrace the grind?  

I should state that this is the first game I've played since purchasing the R1 that I have ever had serious disconnect problems.

Does anyone have an idea on how to combat these COD / Activision servers?  I have open NAT, UPnP on, and sliders at 70%. No geofilter for the time being.

Since WW2 released I'd get the occasional lag out. Maybe 1 or 2 times a week.  Since the last 2 patches I can barely play the game.  I keep "disconnecting from activision servers."  I stopped using the Geofilter to see if that was causing me to disconnect, but it's not the GF.  Now I'm only using Ping Assist, but I am getting kicked out almost every other game.  Especially if I have a really good game.  I was trying to bank on all the double XP for Winter Seige Update this weekend, but ended up having to reboot so much that it seemed like I was only getting regular XP.  I won't even mention the lost supply drops and other awards I earned but didn't get.  

I'm going to have to go back to TF2.  It's mechanically superior in every way. If you're on top of a leaderboard in TF1 or TF 2 you deserve to be there.  The amount of skill it takes to play well makes it really hard to learn, but once you know the movement, it makes you feel like you can do anything.  WW2 is fun, but it seriously looks like a trip back in time to Nintendo 64 as far as player mechanics and graphics. If I'm going to lag out almost every game and lose anything I gained why would i want to embrace the grind?  

I should state that this is the first game I've played since purchasing the R1 that I have ever had serious disconnect problems.

Does anyone have an idea on how to combat these COD / Activision servers?  I have open NAT, UPnP on, and sliders at 70%. No geofilter for the time being.

There’s nothing we can do on our end to solve the server disconnects apart from wait for SHG to fix the problem. It seems the last update really messed things up even though the patch notes said something like “fixed an issue relating to disconnects” Ive been kicked 5 or 6 times already tonight. My wife & I play COD together (on seperate xboxes) and it’s only one or the other of us get kicked from a round. It’s really frustrating. Hopefully they fix it soon.

It seems the last update really messed things up even though the patch notes said something like “fixed an issue relating to disconnects” 

I saw those same patch notes and thought, "fixed for whom?"  Their system is broken down

I duno why you guys are still playing it. I would've given up by now and try again in a few weeks, see if the issues have been sorted.

Glutton for punishment I guess.  I am going back to TF2 for a while though.  My few gaming hours are too precious to be spent rebooting COD every couple of games

I saw those same patch notes and thought, "fixed for whom?"  Their system is broken down

They've admitted there's a problem on Xbox now. I didn't have the problem until they 'fixed' it with the last patch.  :lol:

My few gaming hours are too precious to be spent rebooting COD every couple of games

Try Palladins, it's free in the MS store. It's great fun.

Putting WW2 back in the drawer (or throwing it out of the window into the snow) is a huge relief like finally breaking up with a monstrous devil-wench that takes daily bites out of your soul. I'll try again when they do another patch but I'm not putting that diseased game back in my Xbox until then.

Does anyone have an idea on how to combat these COD / Activision servers? 

There’s nothing we can do on our end

Stop buying the game. The only way to get them to listen is to hurt their pockets. This is the first year since 2005 that I haven't bought COD.

Definitley some weird things going on now, aside from the few disconnects, tonight I was doing great in dom then suddenly everyone else was gone and it still let me cap another point then gave me a win from the other teams forfeit in a full lobby. From there suddenly I was dropped into a new lobby on a new map with no loading or map reveal and just began playing again. Far as the play goes things seem much better for me at least, not many insta deaths now and my kd is going up a point or even 2 an hour now, but I’ve had a couple disconnects through the day. Things are improving finally it seems, at least for some of us cause it was a nightmare for me last week.

Stop buying the game. The only way to get them to listen is to hurt their pockets. This is the first year since 2005 that I haven't bought COD.

Funny, this is the first COD title I've spent any time in the MP modes on since Ghosts.  3.5 years of Titanfall as my go to.  Wanted to switch it up.  Once you get past the quick scopers in WW2 the game is pretty fun.  Its weird to go from all the movement options in the TF series to basically 3 strategies...strafe shoot, jump shoot, or dive shoot.  There's something fun about the lack of complexity though

I feel like the worst part of these server disconnects are it ALWAYS happens when you have an awesome game. It sometimes happens when you're in the middle of the pack, and it never happens when you're at the bottom.  Can anyone speculate on why that is? I read somewhere that they think it has to do with SBMM and the dreaded bugaboo...lag compensation

suddenly I was dropped into a new lobby on a new map with no loading or map reveal and just began playing again.

not many insta deaths now and my kd is going up a point or even 2 an hour now

I've had that happen a few times now. Sometimes mid-game it seems to crash (no forfeit or anything) and then it loads straight into a different map in a game that was half way through, without going back to the menu/lobby.

Instant deaths were virtually constant over the weekend for me, 2-14, 3-18, scores like that. Very strange to get smacked about that badly when I was doing pretty well (about the same as other CoDs) a week or so back. My KD was plummeting every time I played so I'm not playing.

Yeah it is to do with lag comp and SBMM, it’s definitely in the game, why can’t they just do p2p for a bit and see how the game plays. The dedicated servers are awful. Plus the game feels very dry and boring already and as for the snipers! They’re more annoying than the breeci from blops 3!

Plus the game feels very dry and boring already and as for the snipers!

I got bored of the maps within the first couple of days. I really hope 9 maps isn't going to become the norm, that's shameful.

My work-around for snipers was to grab a sniper myself and get good at it quick, even though I'm disgusted at myself  :P

That gets boring pretty quick though, I don't understand why anyone would want to do that all the time.

I got bored of the maps within the first couple of days. I really hope 9 maps isn't going to become the norm, that's shameful.

My work-around for snipers was to grab a sniper myself and get good at it quick, even though I'm disgusted at myself  :P

That gets boring pretty quick though, I don't understand why anyone would want to do that all the time.

3 years for 9 maps lol... I could pay a college kid $20 an hour to make 9 maps in a month.

I'm really pissed :/ I think I'll take a long break
It's time for PoE and made some currency for sell...

It is worth remembering a few things about PoE currency, the newer the season - the higher the price. That's why I never buy Exalted Orbs at the beginning of the season and the new league, then I either collect the exalted orbs myself, or exchange the rest of the currency and buy for it exalted orbs.
All PoE orbs are important and I always raise them, then I can sell them, and others buy poe currency from me https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile