DONT BUY A NETDUMA

dukethetruth

IT literally does not work at all  or at least has no consistent results ive had the router for months now and its has not done what it was suppose to do hyper traffic sucks and has a negative effect on gameplay geofilter is a fraud how could i possible be playing games within 796 km and bullets still not register throttling to 70/70 have no effect at all and the device prioritization dropped my 150 mbps 7.5 mbps connection to 10mpbs and 4.3 mbps how is it possible its a waste of money i went and brought a netgear genie fo 45 and got a load of gamplays 51-7 44-6 44-7 31-2 and so on and its a regular router think longer and hard befor considering buying a netduma 

Sounds like you don't know how the router works because you were lied to by some big youtuber. It works fine for me. Stopped my 12 device house hold from making me lag while gaming. I pay for 240 down/10 up and I get 240/10. Sounds like it's doing EXACTLY what it's supposed to do.

OK, it would appear that you don't have things set up correctly. If you would like to start a support thread in the general support section which can be found here http://forum.netduma.com/forum/12-general-support/and include in the thread all the information requested from here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/

What game are you having issues with.

The netduma does exactly what it says it does. My geofilter puts me in lobbies within 900 km of my home which is what it is set to and I get an average ping of 11 ms to those lobbies on both IW and TF2.

During AW I turned off my geofilter and thrown into lobbies all over the world including Mexico with a ping of 800+ms.

So if you are having issues please start a thread in the support section as requested.

See I can't work this statement out,it doesn't work.

I've used the Duma for awhile now and it does work once you work it all out.

Play IW with geo off and it's a mess high ping games and matched with anyone in Europe.Turn on geo and I'm back playing in my region, same with Destiny.

Plus there's more options in congestion as well.

I'm not technical but to say it doesn't work is just a very open to debate conversation.

Because it does work.

I have had my Duma for a couple of years and it works great; I tried turning it off in B03 just to see -  didn't take two games when I put if back on!  It does what is says it will do and the support helped me get my initial setup bugs worked out - at first I felt like you -  then I felt silly as I just didn't set it up correctly.

Give it another try...

Man I love seeing posts like this or watching youtube videos like this haha they always say it don't work blah blah blah & buy another router or some other product instead when in reality the R1 works just fine & the best part UPDATES still happen on the router to make it better smh.. Yeah the R1 sounds like a broken product to me (sarcasm) lol people nowadays man 

Funniest part is people are saying go net gear in every video. Wouldn't recommend net gear to anyone. Never ever did when I used to tell sell routers. Take a linksys or dlink over anything from netgear.

I don't recommend what the netduma staff says to do half time. I do my own tests. But in IW. Seems what they say doesn't work. Also depends on what gun you use. I never do congestion 70/70. I do 97/97, mtu 1492 lan/wan/ps4. Geo map set 450 miles, PA zero. Game works majority of time 50 kills 2.5 kd hc tdm.

If I use PA of 50 cod ultimate in party. Won't work. PA works by myself but takes like 5 to 10 mins to find a game then kicks me after a completed game.

So all in all it comes down to what works for you. Not what netduma recommends. That's a starting point and starting point ONLY.

Just keeps players in your circle. Funny thing is strict doesn't work for parties. Kinda hypocritical. Works for single players. Cuz u know everyone in world plays alone. Net Duma I swear they only test everything in a single online game solo. Not in a party. But not gonna get into that.

Stricked works fine for me and my parties and I have peeps from the eastcoast.

You have to remember to add them to the allow list if you are going to have a small geo.

So when you run PA 0 you do it with strict mode on or off cause when I run it ticked like that I can't find lobbies for shit so its hella rare when I run strict mode 0 with a small radius

Yes stricked mode on, if you have it unticked it will just pick any lobby.

Yes it takes a little bit but you have to rememeber it is pinging servers that match the P.A. you set.

instead of buying something not knowing how to setup it up properly and giving it a chance how about checking out the guide to set it up correctly. reading and research is the key. thats all ima say

OK, it would appear that you don't have things set up correctly. If you would like to start a support thread in the general support section which can be found here http://forum.netduma.com/forum/12-general-support/and include in the thread all the information requested from here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/

What game are you having issues with.

The netduma does exactly what it says it does. My geofilter puts me in lobbies within 900 km of my home which is what it is set to and I get an average ping of 11 ms to those lobbies on both IW and TF2.

During AW I turned off my geofilter and thrown into lobbies all over the world including Mexico with a ping of 800+ms.

So if you are having issues please start a thread in the support section as requested.

the title is what is gets me dont buy a netduma shit most of the people on this fourm own one lol and most of them  read the guide on how to set it up instead of being clueless hooking it up not knowing what the hell to do and expecting to dominate lobbies. I hate all the negativity on the fourms now it makes me sick

Stricked works fine for me and my parties and I have peeps from the eastcoast.

You have to remember to add them to the allow list if you are going to have a small geo.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough works for my party yes. But if u play against someone else in lobby who has a party. The host of that party is in Your geo. Other players aren't. Netduma doesn't block those connections. See this a lot in hc kc. As I know the top clans that play. Tags on or off.

• Administrators

You have the router setup incorrectly. I'm not sure why you have created a post just to complain about the router when I suggested that you post the necessary screenshots from this guide 2 weeks ago: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum- ifyou had done that it is very likely we could have solved any issues you were having by now. Still happy to help if you provide the necessary screenshots.

O speaking of I've been meaning to ask this but what does PA 0 do with strict mode unticked? 

PA is Ping Assist.  With it set to zero, what you are saying that you ONLY want to connect to games INSIDE your geo-filtering (with strict on/ticked)

With PA set to a value, like 50, you are saying "I want to connect to players in my Geo-Filter OR I will also connect to any host, anywhere, I have a 50ms or less ping".

PA set to zero is when you want to do something like camp a dedicated box, or only connect to servers inside that Geo-Filter.

Opinions are healthy, everyone should embrace forming their own.  You know, if we all agreed on everything, it would be a damn boring world.

When it comes to taking anything from them?  Well, you have to make sure the owner isn't misinformed in their basic understanding.  Hopefully they don't compound the issue and say, take the position of "expert" and shout things from the rooftops that the locals know to be hogwash and/or..... :rolleyes:

Sounds like you don't know how the router works because you were lied to by some big youtuber. It works fine for me. Stopped my 12 device house hold from making me lag while gaming. I pay for 240 down/10 up and I get 240/10. Sounds like it's doing EXACTLY what it's supposed to do.

THIS! I get my speed regardless of who uses the internet in my household. DD-WRT can only do so much just saying, for such a router to have such amazing features and more to come. Best investment for my gaming experience let alone household that constantly streams EVERYTHING. 

IT literally does not work at all  or at least has no consistent results ive had the router for months now and its has not done what it was suppose to do hyper traffic sucks and has a negative effect on gameplay geofilter is a fraud how could i possible be playing games within 796 km and bullets still not register throttling to 70/70 have no effect at all and the device prioritization dropped my 150 mbps 7.5 mbps connection to 10mpbs and 4.3 mbps how is it possible its a waste of money i went and brought a netgear genie fo 45 and got a load of gamplays 51-7 44-6 44-7 31-2 and so on and its a regular router think longer and hard befor considering buying a netduma 

Learn how to set the router up correctly and you results will be different.

But if your happy with your netgear genie then keep using that and enjoy your beast gameplay your getting.But don't say the features don't work as they do,again when your network is set up properly.

• 2 weeks later...

When I buy router m also getting trouble alot then I start working on router n I learned that everyone have different settings like in several post ppl trying to explain which works for them but I tested ton of settings n marking those settings which work for me n m from India the worst part for me we don't have n e dedicated servers in India for cod n other games but still Duma helps me a lot n m still learning how router work's so if someone suggested u n e settings of YT video guide don't copy exactly try some different settings n for ur speed issue pls contact Fraser or any other Dumas team u they will surely fix my friend ✌ Peace Out

Archived