Black Ops 3 Update, Upgrade, Cloud & Extras

Netduma Fraser

since playing xbox, I've been getting forced to play on the Seattle and recently the Kansas servers.  There were a lot of mis-located servers that pinged low, which lead us to believe it's in California but I never connected there.  On the other hand, the PS network ALWAYS connects me to servers in California which makes my game play more enjoyable.  BO3, connection is 100x better than AW as far as I'm concerned.  I force the geo filter to only connect me to servers in California and so far, it has.  Xbox live on the other hand, that's a different story.  

the game is terrible it forces me to play on these high as ping games while my ping assist is around 20 to 25. i cant seem to get off the terrible kanas city server which is just as bad as the seattle server from advanced warfare. ive given up. i was just in a match i started shooting a guy while he was throwing a flashbang and i still died lmao man im done 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the 808 and Aussieland for test would be the very last if not ever.

Either way it's cool you get to be a tester. I'm not fighting to be a tester.

Seems like you have some beef with me testing this firmware for my region of the world after the inner UK circle give the greenlight that the fw is operational for the next wave of testers.

I "fought" to be a tester, I was also one of the very first, literally (outside that small circle) who supported this product and stuck by the team even before the hardware went out to people.

That (alpha testing) comes with it's own shortcoming(s) however, I went between 1-2 weeks with my Duma resetting itself because at the time whilst people were complaining they want new firmware as of yesterday, I couldn't finish full games because of a bug causing reboots, or that in the fix for that reboot bug fw I then had no CC work for a week, after that was sorted, I had issues with the Geo-filter being useless for another week...

I doubt even a handful of people would put up with these issues and would whine left and right, yet I pleaded for myself to be that guinea pig and I'm not complaining..

Seems like you have some beef with me testing this firmware for my region of the world after the inner UK circle give the greenlight that the fw is operational for the next wave of testers.

I "fought" to be a tester, I was also one of the very first, literally (outside that small circle) who supported this product and stuck by the team even before the hardware went out to people.

That (alpha testing) comes with it's own shortcoming(s) however, I went between 1-2 weeks with my Duma resetting itself because at the time whilst people were complaining they want new firmware as of yesterday, I couldn't finish full games because of a bug causing reboots, or that in the fix for that reboot bug fw I then had no CC work for a week, after that was sorted, I had issues with the Geo-filter being useless for another week...

I doubt even a handful of people would put up with these issues and would whine left and right, yet I pleaded for myself to be that guinea pig and I'm not complaining..

you have my respect for testing and going thru all the problems 

Never said I wanted to be a beta tester. I'm happy for you that you enjoy testing it.

Never said I wanted to be a beta tester. I'm happy for you that you enjoy testing it.

Im aware you don't want to be a beta tester, but you said Australia would be the last place to test the fw for if at all.

There's more to the world than just NA and I do enjoy testing it, hope it makes your games a better experience as it has for me in BO3.

Im aware you don't want to be a beta tester, but you said Australia would be the last place to test the fw for if at all.

There's more to the world than just NA and I do enjoy testing it, hope it makes your games a better experience as it has for me in BO3.

Go the Aussie testers, power to down under  :P

You beta testers are the true heros, regardless of where you reside. :)

Just a quick question how can you tell if your connected to a dedicated server? I know on some people router they show up as yellow circles but what the rest of us is there any way of telling?

I think it's funny as everyone has a diluted idea of what a "beta tester" goes thru.

It's not fantastic when your duma is having problems,yea it really happens during a beta anything...remember BO3 beta ?

The object is to try the new firmware and see if it has problems (bugs) before you release it to everyone.And if there are issues with it,the duma boys try and replicate it in the lab and fix the issues,so everyone doesn't have problems with their routers.

They bust their asses to put out a quality product that actually works,but it takes time to fix issues.And let's not get it twisted I don't beg for scraps and I too am a grown ass man who is happy to be part of the beta testing so when the final product is released it is functional for all.

But IMO those who sit back and take shots at netduma have no balls,it's easy to talk shit sitting behind a computer and complaining about this and that.If your not part of the solution,you're part of the problem.Either start being part of the solution or stop bitching about things.

I assure you the duma boys are doing everything they can,as fast as they can to optimize the duma for the games we all play.

Just a quick question how can you tell if your connected to a dedicated server? I know on some people router they show up as yellow circles but what the rest of us is there any way of telling?

If you click on the largest circle (host) and there is no update button where you would normally rate a host,your on a dedi

I think it's funny as everyone has a diluted idea of what a "beta tester" goes thru.

It's not fantastic when your duma is having problems,yea it really happens during a beta anything...remember BO3 beta ?

The object is to try the new firmware and see if it has problems (bugs) before you release it to everyone.And if there are issues with it,the duma boys try and replicate it in the lab and fix the issues,so everyone doesn't have problems with their routers.

They bust their asses to put out a quality product that actually works,but it takes time to fix issues.And let's not get it twisted I don't beg for scraps and I too am a grown ass man who is happy to be part of the beta testing so when the final product is released it is functional for all.

But IMO those who sit back and take shots at netduma have no balls,it's easy to talk shit sitting behind a computer and complaining about this and that.If your not part of the solution,you're part of the problem.Either start being part of the solution or stop bitching about things.

I assure you the duma boys are doing everything they can,as fast as they can to optimize the duma for the games we all play.

You really on that high horse there homie. Might want to come back to reality.  Read what you wrote it tells a lot.  Also why not go back and read my original post and what I laid out there.  Oh wait that's too much you rather just take shots at me cause I struck a nerve I questioned the beta tester program.  You people need to wake up and realize we all bought the duma and have a right to our opinion about the product or how they do things. It might not gel with what all you koolaid drinkers think or feel. "Oh boy if I tell the Duma guys how I really feel I might not be a beta tester or worse they won't like me.......".  I never attacked anyone personally on here. Like I said I'm here for the Netduma I'm not here for you.

You beta testers are the true heros, regardless of where you reside. :)

I consider the Netduma team the hereos, they put up with a'holes like me telling them that their hard work needs to be improved, then we bother them about an ETA for a fix lol.

Help! Just to be clear. If I am not the party leader in BO3 or any COD. I have to disable or turn off the geo-filter? Thanks!

I do when I've joined friends in the past :)

the game is terrible it forces me to play on these high as ping games while my ping assist is around 20 to 25. i cant seem to get off the terrible kanas city server which is just as bad as the seattle server from advanced warfare. ive given up. i was just in a match i started shooting a guy while he was throwing a flashbang and i still died lmao man im done

I know the feeling. The crappy thing about it is because of the dedicated servers, your forced to play on them, if not, you'll just sit and wait for days (figure of speech) to connect to a game. That's why I just ended up playing on my PS4. For me, it plays better because of the geographical location of the dedicated server.

if you are in the lobby... you can see it in the number (right corner on the top) there is "e" behind the number... that is a dedi  :P

was just in a match. Most of the other team left and we got connection interrupted and this was with a e beside the numbers

I do means yes

Any reason why? Sorry! I just want to understand the difference between be a party leader and not be a party leader. What happens while I am the party leader with the geo-filter enable and what happens when I am not the party leader with the Geo-Filter disabled?

Thanks!

You really on that high horse there homie. Might want to come back to reality.  Read what you wrote it tells a lot.  Also why not go back and read my original post and what I laid out there.  Oh wait that's too much you rather just take shots at me cause I struck a nerve I questioned the beta tester program.  You people need to wake up and realize we all bought the duma and have a right to our opinion about the product or how they do things. It might not gel with what all you koolaid drinkers think or feel. "Oh boy if I tell the Duma guys how I really feel I might not be a beta tester or worse they won't like me.......".  I never attacked anyone personally on here. Like I said I'm here for the Netduma I'm not here for you.

No high horse homie and I live in reality everyday but thanks for the advice.And you think I'm taking shots at you ? Maybe I struck a nerve with you,what makes you think I was referring to you.It was more so directed at anyone who comes on here and talks shit about how the duma team needs to do this and that.It's really easy to take shots from the cheap seats (if the shoe fits) then yea I guess I was referring to you.

They encourage both good and bad feedback,that's how people learn things,but seriously your first post,that's taking cheap shots and you know it.

Just another person telling us "to wake up" and your right your entitled to your opinion and it doesn't have to gel with "us koolaid drinkers".But on the flip side I don't have to agree with your opinion and I'm entitled to do that.

I get it your the guy who just tell's shit like it is and opens everyone eyes to how the world really is.But I got news for you,read your post above calling us koolaid drinkers and telling us we need to wake up.That's trying to start shit,you can sugar coat it anyway you want to but in the end that's what it is.And I assure you I'm not concerned with people liking me or not (yea that includes you) so the feedback I give to the duma boys are my opinion,good or bad.

And just like you said I'm here for the Netduma,not for you.

Any reason why? Sorry! I just want to understand the difference between be a party leader and not be a party leader. What happens while I am the party leader with the geo-filter enable and what happens when I am not the party leader with the Geo-Filter disabled?

Thanks!

If you want to be party leader, just invite everyone to your party and then you can all benefit from the Netduma features :)

Joining one of your friends it is best to disable the geo-filter as your Netduma only controls your connection when searching, not anyone else's.

Hope that makes it a bit more understandable, was pre-occupied at the time ;)

No high horse homie and I live in reality everyday but thanks for the advice.And you think I'm taking shots at you ? Maybe I struck a nerve with you,what makes you think I was referring to you.It was more so directed at anyone who comes on here and talks shit about how the duma team needs to do this and that.It's really easy to take shots from the cheap seats (if the shoe fits) then yea I guess I was referring to you.

They encourage both good and bad feedback,that's how people learn things,but seriously your first post,that's taking cheap shots and you know it.

Just another person telling us "to wake up" and your right your entitled to your opinion and it doesn't have to gel with "us koolaid drinkers".But on the flip side I don't have to agree with your opinion and I'm entitled to do that.

I get it your the guy who just tell's shit like it is and opens everyone eyes to how the world really is.But I got news for you,read your post above calling us koolaid drinkers and telling us we need to wake up.That's trying to start shit,you can sugar coat it anyway you want to but in the end that's what it is.And I assure you I'm not concerned with people liking me or not (yea that includes you) so the feedback I give to the duma boys are my opinion,good or bad.

And just like you said I'm here for the Netduma,not for you.

Finally we can agree on some common ground that we're both here for the duma and not each other.  PS you may need some thicker skin just saying if I got you feeling some type of way off a few words.  You have yourself a good day.