Black Ops 3 Update, Upgrade, Cloud & Extras

Netduma Fraser

"Coming Soon" is Netduma's new slogan. Another day passes and majority of us will wait until tomorrow when something else will come up like it always does.  Before you people with thin skin say something stupid to me about "be patient blah blah blah" I have been patient for a few months now.

Stop trying to kiss ass I love the Duma just as much as you but we all paid the same to be part of this. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion.   Plus I'm sure they know they gotta get better with how they handle firmware updates in a more timely professional manner.  In the Tech world time moves extra fast.

Duma's performance is Top Notch unmatched in my opinion.  Duma's customer service is very helpful and always looks to quickly fix customers problems as fast as possible no matter how big or small the issue.  Duma's technical firmware roll outs is the one place they need to improve.  Don't get me wrong a few big name router companies suffer from this very problem but they can get away with it. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Coming Soon" is Netduma's new slogan. Another day passes and majority of us will wait until tomorrow when something else will come up like it always does. Before you people with thin skin say something stupid to me about "be patient blah blah blah" I have been patient for a few months now.

Stop trying to kiss ass I love the Duma just as much as you but we all paid the same to be part of this. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion. Plus I'm sure they know they gotta get better with how they handle firmware updates in a more timely professional manner. In the Tech world time moves extra fast.

Duma's performance is Top Notch unmatched in my opinion. Duma's customer service is very helpful and always looks to quickly fix customers problems as fast as possible no matter how big or small the issue. Duma's technical firmware roll outs is the one place they need to improve. Don't get me wrong a few big name router companies suffer from this very problem but they can get away with it.

You do understand that NETDUMA is done (coding, internal testing, etc.) by a hand full of guys, give or take, right?

They don't have the mass amount of employees, researchers, devs, engineers, you get the idea like the other companies.

I'm sure if their capital warrants it, they would hire more. The company just went live late last year (2014) and is growing. When they can, they will.

They do EVERYTHING hands on, and they don't release nothing until they feel it is where they want it to be.

I find posts like these comical. Hilarious if you will. I'm

Sorry but these guys don't have to keep updating us with regards to cloud updates, firmware, etc.. They created these forums JUST FOR THAT. For the ability to interact with their customers (or future customers) on a DAILY basis. And quite frankly, they do a damn good job!

BO3 caused issues for the R1 so these guys had to work 24/7 to get things right. Still are actually. They know the issues, and when it's right, they will release the update(s).

I've had problems with my R1 when BO3 launched like many. I asked questions, looked for answers and these guys got me playing BO3, (with some tinkering of my own) in no time.

You say you've been patient. Hardly.

*chirp, chirp*  This canary can attest that the new version (m) is MUCH better than the previous (k).  If you're upset about waiting for a stable version, you would not have been ANY happier with the (k) version.  

The mere presence of such statements attest to the strength and reason why NetDuma is doing their testing and upgrading in such a fashion.

You do understand that NETDUMA is done (coding, internal testing, etc.) by a hand full of guys, give or take, right?

They don't have the mass amount of employees, researchers, devs, engineers, you get the idea like the other companies.

I'm sure if their capital warrants it, they would hire more. The company just went live late last year (2014) and is growing. When they can, they will.

They do EVERYTHING hands on, and they don't release nothing until they feel it is where they want it to be.

I find posts like these comical. Hilarious if you will. I'm

Sorry but these guys don't have to keep updating us with regards to cloud updates, firmware, etc.. They created these forums JUST FOR THAT. For the ability to interact with their customers (or future customers) on a DAILY basis. And quite frankly, they do a damn good job!

BO3 caused issues for the R1 so these guys had to work 24/7 to get things right. Still are actually. They know the issues, and when it's right, they will release the update(s).

I've had problems with my R1 when BO3 launched like many. I asked questions, looked for answers and these guys got me playing BO3, (with some tinkering of my own) in no time.

You say you've been patient. Hardly.

I guess you got that Thin Skin I mentioned.  I stated my opinion as a paying customer just like everyone else. If you don't like my opinion move on why waste your time taking jabs at what I said?  I'm here for the Netduma I'm not here for you. End of Story. 

*chirp, chirp*  This canary can attest that the new version (m) is MUCH better than the previous (k).  If you're upset about waiting for a stable version, you would not have been ANY happier with the (k) version.  

The mere presence of such statements attest to the strength and reason why NetDuma is doing their testing and upgrading in such a fashion

I'm not complaining about the testing etc and wanting to roll out a stable update. It's how they go about it I have an issue with as a paying customer. You have no issue with the current situation however I do.  Also you seem to be a beta tester? Which makes you a bit bias to the process in place.

Chirp chirp I can say that the K version is great! Ping Assist is so much better. I only had an issue with the CC and hopefully it was a PS4 thing only.

Patience is a virtue, so this update will be well worth the wait!

I guess you got that Thin Skin I mentioned. I stated my opinion as a paying customer just like everyone else. If you don't like my opinion move on why waste your time taking jabs at what I said? I'm here for the Netduma I'm not here for you. End of Story.

Your "opinion" stats you whine a lot. End of story.

Now, buck up pal. The update will be released when it's ready, not when PUBzZz is ready for it.

I understand the frustration.  I too was looking for the update to be released today and spamming the New Content button to look for updates.  "Tomorrow" and "later" are often terrible words that we don't like to hear.  When my son was younger, he felt that those words were like death sentences. LOL  He still does not like them.  

In the end we all want better products.  Unfortunately, problems and issues are par for the course with technology (30 years experience developing technology here) which is why alpha and beta testing are so important.   While I would like the new update NOW, I would prefer to wait and get it without problems.

The positive test results are very encouraging.  I am even more anxious for 1.03.6.     

Frustrations are one thing but going after people for them telling others to be patient is silly.

1.03.5 will be a solid firmware, I'm seeing how good it is first hand, those who are getting frustrated be a little bit more patient, it works very well. :D

FYI: .6 won't be anti-jitter fw.

.7 will be.

Frustrations are one thing but going after people for them telling others to be patient is silly.

1.03.5 will be a solid firmware, I'm seeing how good it is first hand, those who are getting frustrated be a little bit more patient, it works very well. :D

FYI: .6 won't be anti-jitter fw.

.7 will be.

Glad you like the update that's good to hear and I am looking forward to it when "Soon" finally arrives.  I do have a question for you. I see you live in Australia can I ask how you ended up being a beta tester?  We were told beta testers are UK based as to keep cost down if say a beta was to brick everyone's routers during testing. 

• Netduma Staff

Glad you like the update that's good to hear and I am looking forward to it when "Soon" finally arrives.  I do have a question for you. I see you live in Australia can I ask how you ended up being a beta tester?  We were told beta testers are UK based as to keep cost down if say a beta was to brick everyone's routers during testing. 

The first version gets given to a few from the UK first. If all is ok it goes out to the reset of the testers.

I understand the frustration.  I too was looking for the update to be released today and spamming the New Content button to look for updates.  "Tomorrow" and "later" are often terrible words that we don't like to hear.  When my son was younger, he felt that those words were like death sentences. LOL  He still does not like them.  

In the end we all want better products.  Unfortunately, problems and issues are par for the course with technology (30 years experience developing technology here) which is why alpha and beta testing are so important.   While I would like the new update NOW, I would prefer to wait and get it without problems.

The positive test results are very encouraging.  I am even more anxious for 1.03.6.     

Come on man don't be a push over. How many times have we heard "Soon" during the last few months?  At some point as a consumer you have to give them some feedback they may not want to hear but should. I'm not just kid who "wants it now just to have it". I'm a grown ass man that hates to see people either suck up for table scraps or just roll over.  We all bought the product we have the right to our opinions on the product.

I'm not the first and won't be the last to complain about this issue. Some people just giving up. As a startup company us early adapters are here to not only help them with software bugs but how to help them build their brand to be more professional.  They should take the good with the bad and grow from it. I'm just pointing out they need to work on how they roll out updates in a more timely and professional manner.  If you think how they currently do things is professional than it speaks volumes of how you view your own career.  Keep blindly saying "It's ok" and they will not get better and at some point regress like a lot of tech startups do.

As a beta tester I'm here to say.....it's better to be safe than sorry! One beta tester already "bricked" his router because of complications with the firmware. Now he's out of his R1 and has to send it back! Depending on his location, he may be down for 3-4 weeks! It's the beta testers that are putting their routers on the line for you masses that don't have to go thru the teething pains of beta tests. I too once bricked my router but was fortunate that I had bought a backup just in case my first one went down. I'm from Hawaii, it took 3-1/2 weeks to and from UK. Had "K" version hit the public, the forums would have been FLOODED WITH COMPLAINTS! So just relax and enjoy the "H" version of the upgrade. You won't be disappointed. From what is being said, it looks to be tomorrow at the latest.

i dont mess with my duma, i "bricked" my throwaway linksys router though, its pretty easy if you dont know what your doing.  sometimes they have built in failsafe measures to fix it if that happens in my case it didnt. im still trying to unbrick it, telnet,ssh,nothing works.

Your "opinion" stats you whine a lot. End of story.

Now, buck up pal. The update will be released when it's ready, not when PUBzZz is ready for it.

quit trying to hijack this thread! haha I just had too. sorry

As a beta tester I'm here to say.....it's better to be safe than sorry! One beta tester already "bricked" his router because of complications with the firmware. Now he's out of his R1 and has to send it back! Depending on your location, you may be down for 3-4 weeks! It's the beta testers that are putting their routers on the line for you masses that don't have to go thru the teething pains of beta tests. I too once bricked my router but was fortunate that I had bought a backup just in case my first one went down. I'm from Hawaii, it took 3-1/2 weeks to and from UK.

This isn't a knock on you as your just like the rest of us here we all love the duma right. However plenty of people on here want to be testers. So saying that you guys are doing this so the masses don't have to isn't really correct.  If you took a poll right now you would get a lot of non beta testers willing to take on the risk.

Also the fact they chose you to be a beta tester while living in the 808 isn't really the smartest on their part unless you told them if you brick it, it's your bad. Just like the guy in Australia.  We were all told they use UK people to beta test because of potential bricking which would cost them a lot in shipping. So to keep those cost down they limit to UK customers for testing.  Which I totally agree with. But Crossy said once the UK guys give the OK then they expand it out to other tester outside the UK. At that point I would have to believe you move outwards so East Coast of North America would be next and other parts of western Europe.  I would think the 808 and Aussieland for test would be the very last if not ever.

Either way it's cool you get to be a tester.  I'm not fighting to be a tester. 

i dont mess with my duma, i "bricked" my throwaway linksys router though, its pretty easy if you dont know what your doing. sometimes they have built in failsafe measures to fix it if that happens in my case it didnt. im still trying to unbrick it, telnet,ssh,nothing works.

Yup! I cringe when I update my firmware. Unfortunately there's no fail safe measure built into the system as its not possible at the moment. It's already been brought up.

This isn't a knock on you as your just like the rest of us here we all love the duma right. However plenty of people on here want to be testers. So saying that you guys are doing this so the masses don't have to isn't really correct. If you took a poll right now you would get a lot of non beta testers willing to take on the risk.

Also the fact they chose you to be a beta tester while living in the 808 isn't really the smartest on their part unless you told them if you brick it, it's your bad. Just like the guy in Australia. We were all told they use UK people to beta test because of potential bricking which would cost them a lot in shipping. So to keep those cost down they limit to UK customers for testing. Which I totally agree with. But Crossy said once the UK guys give the OK then they expand it out to other tester outside the UK. At that point I would have to believe you move outwards so East Coast of North America would be next and other parts of western Europe. I would think the 808 and Aussieland for test would be the very last if not ever.

Either way it's cool you get to be a tester. I'm not fighting to be a tester.

The reason why they allowed me to join the beta team when Netduma first went public is because of my geographical location and to spot any mislocated servers in my region. Other than me, there was only 1 other person from Hawaii that had heard about Netduma and he originally was the first person from Hawaii. In a nut shell, basically that's how people were chosen to become beta testers or what Netduma refers to us as "canaries". It was all based on where you were located and to help build the cloud which is also fairly new.

Anyone that reads my post with us United States beta testers PA isn't fully optimized still needs minor tweaks plays like a charm though best to be patient you can burst a person across the map at a 30 ping don't have the privlage on the matter to speak on other goodies with it just best to be patient takes less stress off of Iain and Fraser not pressuring them for the full public release

The reason why they allowed me to join the beta team when Netduma first went public is because of my geographical location and to spot any mislocated servers in my region. Other than me, there was only 1 other person from Hawaii that had heard about Netduma and he originally was the first person from Hawaii. In a nut shell, basically that's how people were chosen to become beta testers or what Netduma refers to us as "canaries". It was all based on where you were located and to help build the cloud which is also fairly new.

What servers do you normally find out there for you 808 guys? I'm guess you get stuck on a lot of West Cost servers like LA.

What servers do you normally find out there for you 808 guys? I'm guess you get stuck on a lot of West Cost servers like LA.

since playing xbox, I've been getting forced to play on the Seattle and recently the Kansas servers.  There were a lot of mis-located servers that pinged low, which lead us to believe it's in California but I never connected there.  On the other hand, the PS network ALWAYS connects me to servers in California which makes my game play more enjoyable.  BO3, connection is 100x better than AW as far as I'm concerned.  I force the geo filter to only connect me to servers in California and so far, it has.  Xbox live on the other hand, that's a different story.