NEW XR700 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.363

6 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Unfortunately my ISP doesn't have anything over 1Gb yet. I asked last week and the agent had no idea if the ISP was going to put something faster out. My ISP still hasn't put up support for IPv6 yet. 

Sounds like someone gave some feedback though. In addition, I presume two or more devices should see same speeds if the SPF port was being used for the internet access. Though remember, all the RJ45 ports on the LAN side are 1Gb max. So you'll not see much over 900Mpbs there. 

It was just to know if the lan switch was not physically blocked at 1 Gbps, which does not seem to be the case with QoS disabled!

Let's say I have a 8Gbps DL line (which is the case) using the SFP+ port as Wan, I could download via the XR700 Lan switch on 6 machines at the same time at 110 MB/s, or even aggregate 2 ports Lan for transfers / downloads at 220 MB/s in principle!

1 hour ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Unfortunately my ISP doesn't have anything over 1Gb yet. I asked last week and the agent had no idea if the ISP was going to put something faster out. My ISP still hasn't put up support for IPv6 yet. 

Sounds like someone gave some feedback though. In addition, I presume two or more devices should see same speeds if the SPF port was being used for the internet access. Though remember, all the RJ45 ports on the LAN side are 1Gb max. So you'll not see much over 900Mpbs there. 

You won't see over 1Gbps over the rj45 wan or the lan ports. If your modem uses a 2.5Gb port and you're using sfp for your wan, then you'll see a combined throughput >1Gbps IF you're not using QoS. QoS can only use 1Gbps as a soft cap for some reason so if that's on that's your total throughput limit. Don't forget total throughput is shared over all the lan ports and wireless.

• Administrators
On 7/26/2023 at 1:59 PM, XR700 Owner said:

I've done that, with QoS off you can get over 1Gbps total throughput on 2 or more devices using separate lan ports. I'd really like to see the 1Gbps cap on QoS taken out so we can set our QoS speeds to what we actually get. I get closer to 1.2Gbps with my 8611 and sfp+ but since I like the QoS features I'll never see it. 

I will make a ticket for that as I would consider it a bug really.

On 7/26/2023 at 2:54 PM, prince-horus said:

hi team with internet gigabit, i ve 865 down, 885 up max on the detect speedt test by the xr700

That's great news, input 1000/1000 manually for your speeds though and double check on speedtest.net

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I will make a ticket for that as I would consider it a bug really.

That's great news, input 1000/1000 manually for your speeds though and double check on speedtest.net

Why would it be a bug if I can get 800Mbps download on a PC on lan with 350Mbps download from another PC on lan with QoS disabled and my ISP is giving me ~1200Mbps? I don't see anywhere near that with my QoS enabled as my sliders are set to 53/95 as per ping optimizer. I did get a -12ms in ping though which is what I'm after. Ping optimizer tests indicate I'm getting about 30ms without optimization. I've set my geofilter up in the middle of the ocean with ping assist at 40. I'm seeing game servers at 19-30ms now instead of ~50-70ms. If that's a bug, I'll take it. If I need max throughput I'll just disable QoS and I'll get all the bandwidth my ISP dishes out. I'd still like to utilize that extra 200Mbps with QoS enabled, but I'm not gonna stress about it. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Why would it be a bug if I can get 800Mbps download on a PC on lan with 350Mbps download from another PC on lan with QoS disabled and my ISP is giving me ~1200Mbps? I don't see anywhere near that with my QoS enabled as my sliders are set to 53/95 as per ping optimizer. I did get a -12ms in ping though which is what I'm after. Ping optimizer tests indicate I'm getting about 30ms without optimization. I've set my geofilter up in the middle of the ocean with ping assist at 40. I'm seeing game servers at 19-30ms now instead of ~50-70ms. If that's a bug, I'll take it. If I need max throughput I'll just disable QoS and I'll get all the bandwidth my ISP dishes out. I'd still like to utilize that extra 200Mbps with QoS enabled, but I'm not gonna stress about it. 

I mean a bug as in, given with the 700 it is possible you can reach higher than 1000Mbps and you're not able to adjust the max speeds above this

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I mean a bug as in, given with the 700 it is possible you can reach higher than 1000Mbps and you're not able to adjust the max speeds above this

Oh sorry read that a bit wrong then. I retract that statement then about taking that bug, it should totally be fixed lol. 😆

I'm totally digging this new fw btw, I've drastically reduced ping in most games with the optimizer and setting geo for ping assist only. 

20 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hey are you guys gonna submit this beta to NG for official release?

I think this has already been asked, duma side! the software being separated. But, I think Netgear won't deal with updates anymore... XR700 no longer built/marketed... (old router) Except maybe a security update, LoL!

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

I think this has already been asked, duma side! the software being separated. But, I think Netgear won't deal with updates anymore... XR700 no longer built/marketed... (old router) Except maybe a security update, LoL!

Well that's why I'd like to see this beta as official, at least we can keep getting security updates on 3.3

• Administrators
On 8/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hey are you guys gonna submit this beta to NG for official release?

From what I can tell, we told them it's ready/available but I don't know if they'll be testing it themselves or not. The plan is for them to push it to auto update at some point.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, GHartzell said:

Can anyone verify that the Plex server is still availabe in the menu or working in this new Beta for the XR700? I would like to try the beta but would like to keep the plex server

thank you

There are no changes from Netgear in this build so Plex and the version it was on previously will be the same on this version and work the same.

Is Microsoft Teams classified under the "Work At Home" in the QOS Section? I noticed my voice traffic is lagging at times. Could be teams, but I having trying to find away to give this app top prioity on the network during 8-5 since it has replaced phones etc now for work at home. I see the video option under there when added by device, but curious on the voip side of teams.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, BSilverthorn said:

Is Microsoft Teams classified under the "Work At Home" in the QOS Section? I noticed my voice traffic is lagging at times. Could be teams, but I having trying to find away to give this app top prioity on the network during 8-5 since it has replaced phones etc now for work at home. I see the video option under there when added by device, but curious on the voip side of teams.

There are two teams options, do you have that? One may be VOIP

When is Call of duty series going to get added ?

And when or is there a update coming that this will get the same features and will work the same way as on the R2 ?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Mobel said:

When is Call of duty series going to get added ?

And when or is there a update coming that this will get the same features and will work the same way as on the R2 ?

Do you mean the old CoD games? Are you referring to SmartQoS? If so it's a new feature so we're using the R2 to work out all the kinks first. Other than that the 700 is now on par with the R2.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you mean the old CoD games? Are you referring to SmartQoS? If so it's a new feature so we're using the R2 to work out all the kinks first. Other than that the 700 is now on par with the R2.

No for the new/last CoD, yes for SmartQoS

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I see, does it not have Call of Duty (Series) already available as an option?

No it doesnt have it, and a lot things missing compared to R2

to add

during the congestion control test to find the best settings: the upload slider defaults to 50% if it tests below that percentage. it will revert back to 50% when that isn't the best setting. (ONLY IF IT TESTS BELOW 50%)

the download slider for the auto set up feature has no issues

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Mobel said:

No it doesnt have it, and a lot things missing compared to R2

That can be resolved by a cloud update, I'll get the team to do that. What else is missing?

9 hours ago, Ameryjr said:

to add

during the congestion control test to find the best settings: the upload slider defaults to 50% if it tests below that percentage. it will revert back to 50% when that isn't the best setting. (ONLY IF IT TESTS BELOW 50%)

the download slider for the auto set up feature has no issues

Good to know thank you, I'll pass that onto the team to take a look.