NEW XR700 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.363

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like you're using Chrome which may be forcing you to connect to the interface with HTTPS which could be causing the errors, follow this to make sure it connects using HTTP:

https://howchoo.com/webdev/stop-chrome-from-automatically-redirecting-https/

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if you can see servers. However, the way Fortnite works is that it only tries to connect to a server when you're actually loading into the game and so that is the only time it can be blocked so you are kicked back to the lobby. For Fortnite it's best to disable filtering mode but still use it to find out what server you're on, if it's too far away then you could quit and re-search until you find the server you want. This would actually be quicker than letting the Geo-Filter kick you.

I will do another reset or at least to factory defaults in a bit.

I switched my computer to PS as suggested.

When I started up a game session this is what i got...

image.thumb.png.51a83e1ece9ab084f2533ecf48fa2ac4.png

I tried a few different STW and BR connections to servers, but it only ever looked like this.

Too bad it thinks it connecting to that battleye.com that is overseas and never trying something closer me.

Any thoughts?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, longplaypg said:

I will do another reset or at least to factory defaults in a bit.

I switched my computer to PS as suggested.

When I started up a game session this is what i got...

I tried a few different STW and BR connections to servers, but it only ever looked like this.

Too bad it thinks it connecting to that battleye.com that is overseas and never trying something closer me.

Any thoughts?

You should add that server to the allow list and then it should work, you will need to put filtering mode on though

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should add that server to the allow list and then it should work, you will need to put filtering mode on though

seems to be working now without adding that one outside my area... maybe it needed more time...

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like you're using Chrome which may be forcing you to connect to the interface with HTTPS which could be causing the errors, follow this to make sure it connects using HTTP:

https://howchoo.com/webdev/stop-chrome-from-automatically-redirecting-https/

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if you can see servers. However, the way Fortnite works is that it only tries to connect to a server when you're actually loading into the game and so that is the only time it can be blocked so you are kicked back to the lobby. For Fortnite it's best to disable filtering mode but still use it to find out what server you're on, if it's too far away then you could quit and re-search until you find the server you want. This would actually be quicker than letting the Geo-Filter kick you.

family got to moving so i wont be able to do hard reset or factory...
i did test the steps otherwise and it did allow me to disable things without the errors. it also allowed me to download the cloud update.

On 9/12/2023 at 6:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not usually something we give out and I don't know what that command is unfortunately, it may be worth using TFTP to reinstall the firmware as there may be an issue in boot which that would bypass

Regarding the WiFi (and Duma not lodaing) problem. I had same problem and found the solution... It is to reset the nvram.  Here´s what I found.
"

Execute these commands through telnet into the router, courtesy of kamoj at snb.

WARNING: These commands will erase all your settings and should not be tried out if you are under warranty.  Use at your own risk.

To make a real "Factory reset" issue these commands:

For R7800:

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
mtd erase netgear
reboot

For the R9000 ( the mtd command does not exist so you should try these commands instead:

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
ngmtd="$(awk -F: '/"netgear"$/ {print $1}' /proc/mtd | grep mtd)"
[ -n "$ngmtd" ] && flash_erase /dev/"$ngmtd" 0 0
reboot "
By the way, the R9000 command works on XR700 also :)

xr700resetNvram.PNG

2 minutes ago, jodafi said:

Regarding the WiFi (and Duma not lodaing) problem. I had same problem and found the solution... It is to reset the nvram.  Here´s what I found.
"

Execute these commands through telnet into the router, courtesy of kamoj at snb.

WARNING: These commands will erase all your settings and should not be tried out if you are under warranty.  Use at your own risk.

For R7800:

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
mtd erase netgear
reboot

For the R9000 ( the mtd command does not exist so you should try these commands instead:

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
reboot "

xr700resetNvram.PNG

forgot this one I found..

The trick is really if you can telnet into the xr700.  The Telnet Enable line in the debug page http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm

was not there in ver 38, 36, 34 FW.  But luckily I found it in 1.0.1.20.

Downgrade your FW under Firmware Upgrade in   http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm  if Duma OS doesn’t take you there.  

Use your Windows command line to telnet into the Linux OS of the router.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been trying to get my xr700 to be in a stable state for about 6 months now. To me it seems like there should be quite big overhaul in the Netgear portion of the firmware to be anywhere near to stable (and we all know that it won't happen. Because its Netgear).  DumaOS portion is great, but if the whole system is not dependable it just aint worth it form me. 

So for now I have installed DD-WRT to my XR700. Initial impression about the responsiveness of the system is great. Time will tell about the reliability.  I have lot of IOT devices to optimize my electricity consumption so I hope reliability will be good as well. 

If in the future DumaOS will be offered with powerfull hardware and reliable total firmware (including support to years to come). I will seriously consider coming back to the ecosystem.

Best of luck to DumaOS team!

I use a XR700 (V1.0.1.50) for my home network. Is it worth to try this beta firmware? I don't want to brick it as I have not other router.  If answer is yes, were can I find the best upgrade procedure?  Last question, in case of issue, would it be possible to go back to the V1.0.1.50 official firmware.

Thank you inadvance.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, ovar0409 said:

I use a XR700 (V1.0.1.50) for my home network. Is it worth to try this beta firmware? I don't want to brick it as I have not other router.  If answer is yes, were can I find the best upgrade procedure?  Last question, in case of issue, would it be possible to go back to the V1.0.1.50 official firmware.

Thank you inadvance.

I'd say so and it's very unlikely to brick the router. Just download the file, access the interface, go to Settings > Administration > Firmware update and upload the file. You can downgrade back again following the same process just with the older firmware file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a big problem, I keep getting the message: 'This R-App is not yet loaded, please try again in a minute.' I can't use anything on the router, geofilter, hybrid VPN, etc.

I get the same error everywhere.

I tried rebooting the router, but it's the same issue, even though it was working fine for several months.

I try flash firmware, not working.

I can't afford to do a reset as I have too many work-related and infrastructure settings saved.

Do you have any idea how to fix the problem?

I (unfortunately) figured out where the problem was coming from.

I was fed up, so I backed up the config and tried a reset, praying that the backup config would restore properly.

The reset failed, and after 15 minutes I rebooted the router.

It returned to normal, the config was still there and the apps were loading.

I clicked the button to delete the offline devices and then everything crashed again, the apps were not loading anymore.

We've been waiting for this feature for years, but we just got a button that breaks the router..

• Administrators

I think probably what has happened is you had a device added to Geo, TP, HVPN etc that was then deleted on the Device Manager and it got itself into a weird state. If you remove any of the devices from the features first then delete all offline devices it should work correctly.

@jodafi

I wanna confirm with you that your telnet process WORKS. I had a 2nd XR700 that I got off fleabay last year and probably spent too much money on it. It was loaded with DD-WRT and I thought if I got it, I could revert it back to NG stock FW. Ya, that didn't work entirely. After loading NG stock FW, the wifi radios become non functional. After going thru TFTP and such, I talked to someone about it and they said DD-WRT has a bad method of changing NVRAM items around on this particular model router. Would need to find something to blow that away and we couldn't find anything or information to resolve that. So Router sat for months collecting dust. YOU DID. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. After connecting to the router, it already had v.20 loaded and just enabled Telnet and after running the commands, BOOM, back up fully. Only took a few minutes.

I can't give enough KUDOS to you and Kamoj as well. I've used his stuff before. Just didn't know he would have this info. Possible that this may work for other models though I can't confirm that. 

So this one XR700 is now working and back on NG stock FW. I might leave it on v.20 FW for now as I have a 2nd XR700 that's loaded with the Duma Beta. Ya I have two XR700s. Hehe.

Please let Kamoj know this works for getting NVRAM and WiFi Radios back up and running should there be some bad state, OR if the XR was loaded with DD-WRT and NG stock FW was sent, users will need to load up v.20 FW, enable telnet, then run the R9000 commands from the telnet console and after the reboot, the unit should be fully back online and working normally. 

THANK YOU AGAIN. 

💘💯

On 11/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, jodafi said:

"

For R7800:

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
mtd erase netgear
reboot

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
reboot "

xr700resetNvram.PNG

Something to try and see if this might help recover the wifi radios:

On 9/11/2023 at 5:24 PM, user12a said:

The 3.3.363 bin killed my WiFi on the XR700.  I have not been able to recover it.

I just got word on the new bin release and updated mine today.  Everything looked fine initially.  Did all the speed test and checked all the basic settings.  As I was clicking through to see all the new settings, suddenly a small window popped up and mentioned some illegal command even though I have not changed anything.  It froze.  I reset both my computer and the router.  Then I noticed that that 2.5/5 wifi lights are dimly lit, perhaps 50% intensity and flashing even when the router was initially turned on and stay in same state.  Usually they remain off until wifi is established.  Then I noticed there is no wifi. The wifi setting page is blank. The dashboard showed the wifi is disabled.  But the advanced wireless showed that wifi is enabled.  I tried resetting with the paperclip through the reset hole.  Nothing changed afterwards.
Then I downgrade the FW to a version 20 with telnet and went in to reset the NVRAM to factory condition.  I went through all the new router setup but wifi still will not come back.  I have also upgraded back to 3.3.363 and same wifi problem.   I tried the wifi button on the router but did not do anything.  I went in the setup and changed the wifi enable off and back on.  It did nothing.   The wifi lights remained to be about ~50% intensity but not flashing, and the AD light is at full intensity.  The radio is not on.  No SSID detected as the radio is not transmitting.   I have spent a few hours and cannot get the wifi back to work.  It is kind of a bummer after waiting this long and then the new bin half bricked my router without wifi.  Now I have to go back to my R9000.  I actually have another XR700 but I wouldn’t touch that one.  
Can anyone help?

wirelessEnabled.PNG

sysInfo.PNG

WirelessBlank.PNG

WirelessDisabled.PNG

On 11/1/2023 at 5:04 PM, jodafi said:

"

For R7800:

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
mtd erase netgear
reboot

Code:

nvram default
nvram commit
reboot "

xr700resetNvram.PNG

What about xr1000 and which one is xr500?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's just in relation to the XR700 bug where WiFi is completely gone and unable to be restored

Oh gotcha hopefully the beta drops soon for XR1000 still working on r3 order but no luck selling xr500

On 12/1/2023 at 10:46 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Jodafi posted a solution above, to my knowledge it's the only fix that exists

Yes, but I can't telnet to XR700, try all guide to open Telnet on XR700 but failed all.

Can you help me How to unlock Telnet oon XR700

9 minutes ago, Tan Nguyen said:

Yes, but I can't telnet to XR700, try all guide to open Telnet on XR700 but failed all.

Can you help me How to unlock Telnet oon XR700

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR700/XR700-V1.0.1.20.zip

Download and install this old firmware.

Go to the debug.htm page and check the box to enable telnet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 9:19 AM, Proud R3 Owner said:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR700/XR700-V1.0.1.20.zip

Download and install this old firmware.

Go to the debug.htm page and check the box to enable telnet.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

As above, that will allow you to enable it

Thanks for advanced !

Done, best news for year-end holiday

• 4 weeks later...

Ping Optimiser on Auto-setup has stopped working on the XR700 all of a sudden 🥲

It will start optimizing till test 4-5 then just stop, after cancelling and trying again it will go to test 3 and after that till test 2 and sometimes it will start testing and in about 5-10 seconds it will say best settings found and both on 100%

I have changed nothing it was working as always very good, must have been something changed on the back end ? Maybe a DPI update ? Or something else ? 

I did several reboots, cleared cache, cookies everything, did twice a factory reset, still not working.