NEW XR700 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.363

Flash is ok, firmware version shows 1.0.1.50-626

i am able to access to the internet trough the router and to configure it with http://IP(local)/adv_index.htm

regarding android app DumaOS, it is not available on google play for my phone (xiaomi redmi note 11 pro 5G, Android 12) or tablet (Samsung tab S7 FE, Android 13) in my area (France)

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Boulou said:

Flash is ok, firmware version shows 1.0.1.50-626

i am able to access to the internet trough the router and to configure it with http://IP(local)/adv_index.htm

regarding android app DumaOS, it is not available on google play for my phone (xiaomi redmi note 11 pro 5G, Android 12) or tablet (Samsung tab S7 FE, Android 13) in my area (France)

Reupgrade the firmware via that URL that you can access, then see if it works after that please

59 minutes ago, Mobel said:

That is normal because u are rebooting the router so it disconnects from WiFi, after the router is back online it reconnects to the WiFi and refresh the page

@Netduma Fraser I haven't tried that yet but I will when I'm home next.

@Mobel  That makes sense but it's a bit confusing. I was expecting something like the web gui where when you reboot it tells you it'll take 3-4 minutes letting you know it's rebooting. The error message just looks like something went wrong with the reboot command (until you figure out you don't have Internet anymore).

It works for me on both R2 and XR700 when I reboot I get the error command but when router is back online and connected to WiFi I just refresh the page and im back in 

Using Android 12 on phone or Firefox on pc/laptop

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Boulou said:

Just tried twice with reboot and browser cache cleared

Still stuck on the "DumaOS is loading..." page

Factory reset then wait 4 minutes before attempting to access and see if it works then please

Is there any reason you no longer have access, the XR is behind a main router (ISP) or other devices?

Have you tried restarting all the machines upstream?

You are at Free (ISP)! How did you configure your freebox?

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Boulou said:

Already done that... 

There isn't much else I can advise, reboots, resets and re-upgrading are really the only options and waiting at least 5 minutes after each one has been done should eventually allow you to gain access. Try a few more times, if not may be best to go back to the public version for now.

On 8/11/2023 at 4:47 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That can be resolved by a cloud update, I'll get the team to do that. What else is missing?

Good to know thank you, I'll pass that onto the team to take a look.

Hi Fraser any news about when Call of Duty Series gonna get added for XR700 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Hi Fraser any news about when Call of Duty Series gonna get added for XR700 

Not at the moment, I'm pushing Alex to do a lot of cloud stuff at the moment so think he is a bit swamped in that regard! I will remind him again though.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not at the moment, I'm pushing Alex to do a lot of cloud stuff at the moment so think he is a bit swamped in that regard! I will remind him again though.

Thank you very much Fraser, just a reminder though u guys have so much things going on

Hi!

I have been waiting for the Wireguard support but can't read that's included in this Beta release. There have been some mentioning a couple years back that you will add it to the XR series because you already have it in the R2.

What is the actual status? 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, jorgen said:

Hi!

I have been waiting for the Wireguard support but can't read that's included in this Beta release. There have been some mentioning a couple years back that you will add it to the XR series because you already have it in the R2.

What is the actual status? 

It's up to Netgear really but I will ask the team to see what is happening with it.

Is there way to mass delete. Seems like a year or two back this was a thing coming? Id like to be able to "just" delete all the unnamed.dev devices. But not "all offline" devices as just because there are offline does not mean they are invalid etc.. I have learned the android and ios devices on my network consistenlty spoof thier identity per say ;-). I love the idea and the feature but not on my home network. Instead of sitting here once a month for any clicking the device and hitting delete and rinse and repeat.

unnamed device

Screenshot_20230825_120416.jpg

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, BSilverthorn said:

Is there way to mass delete. Seems like a year or two back this was a thing coming? Id like to be able to "just" delete all the unnamed.dev devices. But not "all offline" devices as just because there are offline does not mean they are invalid etc.. I have learned the android and ios devices on my network consistenlty spoof thier identity per say ;-). I love the idea and the feature but not on my home network. Instead of sitting here once a month for any clicking the device and hitting delete and rinse and repeat.

You can delete all offline devices from the Device Manager menu :menu icon, if they reconnect then they'll just reappear but in your scenario looks like a lot are unused

Unfortnately it appears to also remove the good devices that are named at the same time. If my TV is off or the APPLE-TV, it removes those as well. Would love to just be able to tag the ones I want deleted and have it do a mass remove.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, BSilverthorn said:

Unfortnately it appears to also remove the good devices that are named at the same time. If my TV is off or the APPLE-TV, it removes those as well. Would love to just be able to tag the ones I want deleted and have it do a mass remove.

They should be named when they connect back, best way to avoid it overall is to give them reserved IPs in LAN > DHCP

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I do that now, I run my own DHCP server. I have less lockups or responvies issues wtih XR700 using a standalone solution for DHCP, it seems to ignore the names from the DHCP / DNS internal server when they reconnect. So I name most them manual in devices, but a bit of undertaking at times. I have exported my DNS records and will try to import that into the devices window.

The 3.3.363 bin killed my WiFi on the XR700.  I have not been able to recover it.

I just got word on the new bin release and updated mine today.  Everything looked fine initially.  Did all the speed test and checked all the basic settings.  As I was clicking through to see all the new settings, suddenly a small window popped up and mentioned some illegal command even though I have not changed anything.  It froze.  I reset both my computer and the router.  Then I noticed that that 2.5/5 wifi lights are dimly lit, perhaps 50% intensity and flashing even when the router was initially turned on and stay in same state.  Usually they remain off until wifi is established.  Then I noticed there is no wifi. The wifi setting page is blank. The dashboard showed the wifi is disabled.  But the advanced wireless showed that wifi is enabled.  I tried resetting with the paperclip through the reset hole.  Nothing changed afterwards.
Then I downgrade the FW to a version 20 with telnet and went in to reset the NVRAM to factory condition.  I went through all the new router setup but wifi still will not come back.  I have also upgraded back to 3.3.363 and same wifi problem.   I tried the wifi button on the router but did not do anything.  I went in the setup and changed the wifi enable off and back on.  It did nothing.   The wifi lights remained to be about ~50% intensity but not flashing, and the AD light is at full intensity.  The radio is not on.  No SSID detected as the radio is not transmitting.   I have spent a few hours and cannot get the wifi back to work.  It is kind of a bummer after waiting this long and then the new bin half bricked my router without wifi.  Now I have to go back to my R9000.  I actually have another XR700 but I wouldn’t touch that one.  
Can anyone help?

wirelessEnabled.PNG

sysInfo.PNG

WirelessBlank.PNG

WirelessDisabled.PNG

• Administrators
15 hours ago, user12a said:

The 3.3.363 bin killed my WiFi on the XR700.  I have not been able to recover it.

I just got word on the new bin release and updated mine today.  Everything looked fine initially.  Did all the speed test and checked all the basic settings.  As I was clicking through to see all the new settings, suddenly a small window popped up and mentioned some illegal command even though I have not changed anything.  It froze.  I reset both my computer and the router.  Then I noticed that that 2.5/5 wifi lights are dimly lit, perhaps 50% intensity and flashing even when the router was initially turned on and stay in same state.  Usually they remain off until wifi is established.  Then I noticed there is no wifi. The wifi setting page is blank. The dashboard showed the wifi is disabled.  But the advanced wireless showed that wifi is enabled.  I tried resetting with the paperclip through the reset hole.  Nothing changed afterwards.
Then I downgrade the FW to a version 20 with telnet and went in to reset the NVRAM to factory condition.  I went through all the new router setup but wifi still will not come back.  I have also upgraded back to 3.3.363 and same wifi problem.   I tried the wifi button on the router but did not do anything.  I went in the setup and changed the wifi enable off and back on.  It did nothing.   The wifi lights remained to be about ~50% intensity but not flashing, and the AD light is at full intensity.  The radio is not on.  No SSID detected as the radio is not transmitting.   I have spent a few hours and cannot get the wifi back to work.  It is kind of a bummer after waiting this long and then the new bin half bricked my router without wifi.  Now I have to go back to my R9000.  I actually have another XR700 but I wouldn’t touch that one.  
Can anyone help?

It's not necessarily the beta, we've seen it with the public versions as well and only on the 700, try this:

While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi radios entirely from the Advanced WiFi settings, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi radios, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if they appear.

I tried it. Still no wifi.  It only turns off and on the lights at the 2 buttons at the end.  The 2.4 and 5 wifi lights are still dim the same way.  iwconfig tells me that there is no wireless extensions.  Can you find out and tell me what is the router shell command to manually turn on and off the wi-fi ?  I know this for the R9000, same HW, but apparently it is different for the Duma OS.

Also note that the antenna red lights are on even though there is no wifi.