FIRMWARE: 3.3.308 Smart QoS (Hit Detection)

I assume that SmartQoS is not available for the XR500, or is it compatible?

Also, how do I sign up?  Trying to get my router to work in some way. Having more issues now than ever before.

Right now, to play CoD and have any chance, I have to:

1) Unplug the modem

2) Send modem cable to xbox directly

3) Restart modem

And then hook back up to my router so the rest of the house has internet when I'm done. Getting very old.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Nuschler22 said:

I assume that SmartQoS is not available for the XR500, or is it compatible?

Also, how do I sign up?  Trying to get my router to work in some way. Having more issues now than ever before.

Right now, to play CoD and have any chance, I have to:

1) Unplug the modem

2) Send modem cable to xbox directly

3) Restart modem

And then hook back up to my router so the rest of the house has internet when I'm done. Getting very old.

It's actually publicly available now: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/ no Smart QoS on it at the moment as it's a new feature so we're using the R2 to work out the kinks first.

Why do you need to do that process exactly?

On 8/10/2023 at 1:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's actually publicly available now: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/ no Smart QoS on it at the moment as it's a new feature so we're using the R2 to work out the kinks first.

Why do you need to do that process exactly?

Keep in mind first that playing on the Xbox Series X (XSX), when you select an older game, it starts some sort of Xbox 360 emulator as the old Xbox 360 start screen and music comes up.  Also, it links to the traditional Xbox 360 home screen for invites and such.

Playing MW2 (2009) and older games, with any settings enabled on the router (QoS, geo, etc) the game has issues and won't connect most of the time.  It not only won't find a game, but when the game starts on the XSX, it shows that I'm not even online on xbox live. Yet, when I go to the XSX home screen, I'm online and can play other games and navigate the store and xbox game pass.  I had some success playing yesterday wirelessly, but obviously that isn't ideal.  It still had numerous issues finding matches and would boot me from games.

If it does manage to show I'm on xbox live, I'm constantly getting a strict NAT even with port forwarding for the classic games, where I don't have that issue with the newer games.

Hence, only hooking from modem to console and bypassing the router eliminates (for the most part) those issues.  

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Nuschler22 said:

Keep in mind first that playing on the Xbox Series X (XSX), when you select an older game, it starts some sort of Xbox 360 emulator as the old Xbox 360 start screen and music comes up.  Also, it links to the traditional Xbox 360 home screen for invites and such.

Playing MW2 (2009) and older games, with any settings enabled on the router (QoS, geo, etc) the game has issues and won't connect most of the time.  It not only won't find a game, but when the game starts on the XSX, it shows that I'm not even online on xbox live. Yet, when I go to the XSX home screen, I'm online and can play other games and navigate the store and xbox game pass.  I had some success playing yesterday wirelessly, but obviously that isn't ideal.  It still had numerous issues finding matches and would boot me from games.

If it does manage to show I'm on xbox live, I'm constantly getting a strict NAT even with port forwarding for the classic games, where I don't have that issue with the newer games.

Hence, only hooking from modem to console and bypassing the router eliminates (for the most part) those issues.  

That's really good to know, the more barriers to actually playing the more variables in play so sounds like we'll need to test that specifically, I'll pass it on.

46 minutes ago, Nuschler22 said:

Hey I wonder if you set your Xbox IP static in the lan settings in reservation table, then set your Xbox as dmz in wan settings if you'd have the same issue. Wouldn't really be a fix but a possible workaround.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...