Xr 500

Bul

This may be the problem, back to automatic!

Also restart the main router! There is bound to be something blocking access, you have to proceed step by step, turn off and restart the devices 1 by 1, starting with the one that is furthest upstream!

I set the serial number of the router and ok, immediately after it asks me to answer the secret questions that I have set personally and it gives me an error, I will never get out of it ....

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Bul said:

I set the serial number of the router and ok, immediately after it asks me to answer the secret questions that I have set personally and it gives me an error, I will never get out of it ....

It should only be asking that if you've entered the login credentials wrong or press cancel on it. If you really can't get past it then you'll have to factory reset.

Avevo già fatto i passaggi iniziali della programmazione, li ho rifatti come hai detto tu e ti invio la foto, sono completamente bloccato al punto iniziale

68837506-8B0D-4981-8690-D244200B6E69.jpegI restart the router :”DUMAOS IS NOT RUNNING”

Ho installato l'ultima beta e ricaricato il backup, nulla dice che tutti i dispositivi sono guasti e VPN con codici di errore .

quel firmware che dici basta lo aggiungo ? 

• Administrators

Do not reload the backups, if you're going to do a factory reset for an issue it's best to start fresh, loading backups can basically re-introduce issues that you've essentially saved like that last one I can tell that will definitely be because of a saved config. So you'll need to factory reset and set it up clean, it won't take long and it should work a lot better.

I ended up in another loop, I reset the router twice and it keeps giving me this error, I don't know what to do anymore and since this afternoon I've been wasting my time

• 2 weeks later...

as regards the predisposition that I have at home: modem isp tim -> router xr500, can I change it? I insert the tplink (fiber optic to rj45 adapter) and then xr500? I don't know if the xr500 router will pick up the home phone's voip data

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Bul said:

as regards the predisposition that I have at home: modem isp tim -> router xr500, can I change it? I insert the tplink (fiber optic to rj45 adapter) and then xr500? I don't know if the xr500 router will pick up the home phone's voip data

In theory you should be able to do that yes. I'm not sure in regards to VOIP but toggling the SIP ALG option in WAN Settings if it isn't working may help.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bul said:

if this plan fails I would like to buy a fiber optic modem with good wi-fi, can you recommend a fiber optic modem?

We don't have any specific recommendations, any that support your speeds and have a WiFi standard you would benefit from will be good.