Example of the lag comp in wz...

This is just an example as i see alot of people arguing saying no such thing and just get good etc. I know if i didnt have 1000mbps down, 120mbps up and 11ms ping in game..... id be a demon! 

With VPN on i run at a 5-7kd 

With VPN off i run at a 2kd 

The difference is just unreal! 

2 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

This is just an example as i see alot of people arguing saying no such thing and just get good etc. I know if i didnt have 1000mbps down, 120mbps up and 11ms ping in game..... id be a demon! 

With VPN on i run at a 5-7kd 

With VPN off i run at a 2kd 

The difference is just unreal! 

Can you share which VPN and region you are using? 

If you play in custom lobbies lag compensation does not work the same as it does on dedicated server. 

On dedicated servers you have the standard lag compensation but additionally it uses something called active latency balancing. Lag compensation is essentially there to ensure you can hit eachother while latency balancing is there to increase fairness in the game.

On p2p games you will have lag compensation but no latency balancing, so having a lower ping is definitly a advantage. This is noticeable because sometimes you play on a higher ping but the game feels noticeably better, because latency balancing is not applied unless you are the host, in which case you will receive a penalty to eliminate host advantage.

This is maybe outdated but is how used to be. Prior to having a dedicated server in Singapore we used the R1 routers to block the dedicated server in Japan and found that we had better games playing on 150ms p2p games than on 100ms dedicated server, because even at 100ms we were penalized by latency balancing since there were so many high ping players in the lobby.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

If you play in custom lobbies lag compensation does not work the same as it does on dedicated server. 

On dedicated servers you have the standard lag compensation but additionally it uses something called active latency balancing. Lag compensation is essentially there to ensure you can hit eachother while latency balancing is there to increase fairness in the game.

On p2p games you will have lag compensation but no latency balancing, so having a lower ping is definitly a advantage. This is noticeable because sometimes you play on a higher ping but the game feels noticeably better, because latency balancing is not applied unless you are the host, in which case you will receive a penalty to eliminate host advantage.

This is maybe outdated but is how used to be. Prior to having a dedicated server in Singapore we used the R1 routers to block the dedicated server in Japan and found that we had better games playing on 150ms p2p games than on 100ms dedicated server, because even at 100ms we were penalized by latency balancing since there were so many high ping players in the lobby.

Does a VPN help reduce lag comp? 

On 3/9/2022 at 3:49 PM, davemarsden132 said:

i have to run a VPN to get rid of most not all my lag comp from WZ... 

You do not need to use a vpn, The reason you feel this is cause the vpn is killing your bandwidth. The faster your internet connection the harder the game handicaps you. DUMP the vpn and just adjust your QOS to you find your sweet spot. Most people do not do this and just complain about LCE cause they do not take the time to search and or figure out how to adjust their device properly

Everyone's setup is a little different so not everyone's settings will be exactly the same. All call of duty's only use less then 5mbps and in todays world with cable internet the average person now as min of 200 to 500mb connection , fiber now going up to 1 or 2 gigabyte internet speed

If your on console and you have a fast internet speed not only do you get screwed by the game but also by xbox live and ps network cause they have a 30mb cap. Once their networks detects your connection is faster then 30mb is when you start getting screwed. try setting your download to 20mb and your upload to 5mb in the qos advanced settings put the sliders to 100%

i found 20 and 5 to be the most competitive setting but i stream when i play so the bandwidth is way to low for doing other stuff at the same time like streaming so the sweet spot for me is to set the bandwidth to 1000mb up and down and set the sliders to 70% turn upnp off and port forward the ports for the game. use dns benchmark and find the fastest dns to connect to in your area. There is a ton of other little tweaks you can do to dial in  your connection just search the forums for it all the info is there

I have a discord with close to 2000 members and a hand full of pc players have reported they got shadowed banned for using vpn so be careful. in the 2nd or 3rd update ago they changed something to where if i have my geo filter on the game will crash, im pretty sure they have hidden servers that if dont get pinged when launching the game now they know your are up to something

PS - with crossplay now being a thing a lot of the time its hardware acceleration that is messing up the game experience for most players not the LCE or SBMM

49 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I have a discord with close to 2000 members and a hand full of pc players have reported they got shadowed banned for using vpn so be careful. in the 2nd or 3rd update ago they changed something to where if i have my geo filter on the game will crash, im pretty sure they have hidden servers that if dont get pinged when launching the game now they know your are up to something

Stop the paranoia, it's just "the Despot Putine" who hacked Activision ! The guy is Chuck Norris (with just more child murders on his conscience)...!

Bargaineddeals Vladimir Putin Meme Bear Affiche d'impression d'art de Mur  de décor à la Maison ! : Amazon.fr: Cuisine et Maison

On 3/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

You do not need to use a vpn, The reason you feel this is cause the vpn is killing your bandwidth. The faster your internet connection the harder the game handicaps you. DUMP the vpn and just adjust your QOS to you find your sweet spot. Most people do not do this and just complain about LCE cause they do not take the time to search and or figure out how to adjust their device properly

Everyone's setup is a little different so not everyone's settings will be exactly the same. All call of duty's only use less then 5mbps and in todays world with cable internet the average person now as min of 200 to 500mb connection , fiber now going up to 1 or 2 gigabyte internet speed

If your on console and you have a fast internet speed not only do you get screwed by the game but also by xbox live and ps network cause they have a 30mb cap. Once their networks detects your connection is faster then 30mb is when you start getting screwed. try setting your download to 20mb and your upload to 5mb in the qos advanced settings put the sliders to 100%

i found 20 and 5 to be the most competitive setting but i stream when i play so the bandwidth is way to low for doing other stuff at the same time like streaming so the sweet spot for me is to set the bandwidth to 1000mb up and down and set the sliders to 70% turn upnp off and port forward the ports for the game. use dns benchmark and find the fastest dns to connect to in your area. There is a ton of other little tweaks you can do to dial in  your connection just search the forums for it all the info is there

PS - with crossplay now being a thing a lot of the time its hardware acceleration that is messing up the game experience for most players not the LCE or SBMM

I have to say this works, been playing with this setup. My bullet reg has been brilliant.

23 hours ago, benilsondias said:

what configuration are you currently using in qos?

sorry for the bad english, i'm brazilian.

"i found 20 and 5 to be the most competitive setting but i stream when i play so the bandwidth is way to low for doing other stuff at the same time like streaming so the sweet spot for me is to set the bandwidth to 1000mb up and down and set the sliders to 70% turn upnp off and port forward the ports for the game. use dns benchmark and find the fastest dns to connect to in your area. There is a ton of other little tweaks you can do to dial in  your connection just search the forums for it all the info is there" Results may vary

5 hours ago, zman1156 said:

"i found 20 and 5 to be the most competitive setting but i stream when i play so the bandwidth is way to low for doing other stuff at the same time like streaming so the sweet spot for me is to set the bandwidth to 1000mb up and down and set the sliders to 70% turn upnp off and port forward the ports for the game. use dns benchmark and find the fastest dns to connect to in your area. There is a ton of other little tweaks you can do to dial in  your connection just search the forums for it all the info is there" Results may vary

just to keep in mind i only set it to 1000mb up and down cause thats what my internet is. if you have spectrum 400 down and 20 up then set it to 400 and 20 and your sliders to 70%

52 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

just to keep in mind i only set it to 1000mb up and down cause thats what my internet is. if you have spectrum 400 down and 20 up then set it to 400 and 20 and your sliders to 70%

for the DNS  benchmark.  do put in the numbers  in my IPv4 Properties on my PC or  do i put that in my  dumaOS?

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

You sound like you know what you’re talking about and I’m a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. Is it possible that I can reach out to you personally and have you assist me? I don’t know what the hell im doing lol

3 hours ago, Izzyortiz said:

You sound like you know what you’re talking about and I’m a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. Is it possible that I can reach out to you personally and have you assist me? I don’t know what the hell im doing lol

yes

On 3/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, benilsondias said:

what configuration are you currently using in qos?

sorry for the bad english, i'm brazilian.

QOS 20mb up and 5 down, 90/90.UPNP off No DNS or port forwarding.

9 hours ago, Seye said:

QOS 20mb up and 5 down, 90/90.UPNP off No DNS or port forwarding.

Unless I'm mistaken, if you haven't configured DNS or left your ISP DNS automatically, you won't have internet access. Disabling UPNP without configuring port forwarding will give you strict NAT... and difficulty communicating with other players. Your console is probably in DMZ...

3 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Unless I'm mistaken, if you haven't configured DNS or left your ISP DNS automatically, you won't have internet access. Disabling UPNP without configuring port forwarding will give you strict NAT... and difficulty communicating with other players. Your console is probably in DMZ...

I still got internet I don't use DMZ either my  nat type is Moderate I communicate just one with those with moderate open or strict nat type. The issue I might have under communication is friends located outside of my geo filter adding them to allowed doesn't seem to help over the years since I purchased R1 all I do is disable geo filter once we can hear each other in the party I enable geo filter again as a walk around.

3 hours ago, Seye said:

I still got internet I don't use DMZ either my  nat type is Moderate

DNS allows "to put it simply" communication to the internet, so you necessarily have DNS to configure somewhere. Moderate nat while upnp is disabled and no port is opened manually, that seems strange to me... But why not the ISP BOXes are sometimes oddly configured!

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Well buddy like I said I still got access to the internet, I the only thing I do on my ISP box is to put netdumar1 into DMZ to have open nat type. Otherwise its moderate I get, I can show you my settings.

You using a vpn or anything? Sometimes vpns will mess with the NAT type depending how it is set up. Probably aware of this but have you reset your router? Usually nat issues will clear up for me doing that.. Also check your dns settings on windows itself not just the router since something with your dns might be wrong.. try testing a different one i use 1.1.1.1 - Cloudflare one of the best.. depends on location though.