Example of the lag comp in wz...

25 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

You using a vpn or anything? Sometimes vpns will mess with the NAT type depending how it is set up. Probably aware of this but have you reset your router? Usually nat issues will clear up for me doing that.. Also check your dns settings on windows itself not just the router since something with your dns might be wrong.. try testing a different one i use 1.1.1.1 - Cloudflare one of the best.. depends on location though. 

I don't use VPN, my setup is ISP box>Netduma box>PS5 & PC. I play on PS5.

13 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Unless I'm mistaken, if you haven't configured DNS or left your ISP DNS automatically, you won't have internet access. Disabling UPNP without configuring port forwarding will give you strict NAT... and difficulty communicating with other players. Your console is probably in DMZ...

Do I changed the DNS on my ISP internet box or can I make changes to DNS on netdumar router instead?

1 hour ago, zman1156 said:

You using a vpn or anything? Sometimes vpns will mess with the NAT type depending how it is set up. Probably aware of this but have you reset your router? Usually nat issues will clear up for me doing that.. Also check your dns settings on windows itself not just the router since something with your dns might be wrong.. try testing a different one i use 1.1.1.1 - Cloudflare one of the best.. depends on location though. 

he will never have a open nat, his upnp is off and he does not portforward, but the LCE hits better for him with these settings.What works for some might not work for others

and if you have a open nat type a vpn will change your nat to mod

17 hours ago, Seye said:

Do I changed the DNS on my ISP internet box or can I make changes to DNS on netdumar router instead?

You can change them wherever you want, it doesn't change anything! It's more in the interest of avoiding ISP or lying DNS trackers, advertising or even censorship. But in general, ISP DNS are the most optimized (But you will clearly never see the difference in terms of how fast a web page loads! except having a 56k connection)

20 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

he will never have a open nat, his upnp is off and he does not portforward, but the LCE hits better for him with these settings.What works for some might not work for others

and if you have a open nat type a vpn will change your nat to mod

I have followed this guide in the past I did noticed loading webpages was way quicker, I was worried about the dangers I read about using public DNS so I removed from netdumar r1 I didnt game with it thinking about it now.I didn't know if it will make an impact on gaming.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, Seye said:

I have followed this guide in the past I did noticed loading webpages was way quicker, I was worried about the dangers I read about using public DNS so I removed from netdumar r1 I didnt game with it thinking about it now.I didn't know if it will make an impact on gaming.

if you want the most competitive setting you need to check which is the fastest dns in your area, if you want the most reliable dns then use your default ISP's dns

and yes DNS will make things faster or slower

the heavy the traffic is on a specific DNS the worst hit detection gets

I made changes to DNS and noticed web pages etc load couple of seconds faster has they would, I would jump online with dns and with out see if it does make a different on gaming

It doesn't as no DNS resolving takes place when a gaming packet is send, unlike with a web page. If you enter a web address in your browser, then a requests gets send to the DNS server, who resolves the IP adress, sends it back to your browser and then your browser connects to that. In gaming packets are send directly to the server as resolving each packet would be horribly inefficient. 

I understand what dns does but how people swear they have a better experience? I myself cant wrap my head around, if it works I might as well try it lol I have nothing to lose I will share my experience later.

14 minutes ago, Seye said:

I understand what dns does but how people swear they have a better experience? I myself cant wrap my head around, if it works I might as well try it lol I have nothing to lose I will share my experience later.

Yeah, people swear by that it helps with gaming, but for me it makes it worse. 🤣