Share Your Netduma Settings For MW/CW/WZ

Infoseye

On 9/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, Swgohlegend said:

I used these setting for ports while placing my speeds to .5 mb up i down felt like I had an advantage on my gun fights! 

Multiplayer or warzone?

I mean it works but not consistent, plus I have noticed once you join a friend in a party all your netduma settings doesn't work or apply your solely at the mercy of your friend/party leader connection.

11 hours ago, Seye said:

I mean it works but not consistent, plus I have noticed once you join a friend in a party all your netduma settings doesn't work or apply your solely at the mercy of your friend/party leader connection.

I have to say Mtu isn’t that consistent like you say. Input lag is a serious issue for me. I replaced my hdmi cables and I feel that made my experience a lot better 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:30 PM, Netduma Liam said:

That's really odd, I don't see how that could possibly affect this but I'll certainly be testing it out.

As a test, could you switch to device mode and put the slider for the device you're playing on up to 100% and hit 'Update Distribution'. After this check if you're still getting consistent games.

I believe while the internet service provided fluctuates into the house that the netduma doesn’t automatically reset the allocation. Maybe you could add a macro to the software to automatically reset every 30 seconds or so to get an accurate even distribution.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, benjammin1980 said:

I believe while the internet service provided fluctuates into the house that the netduma doesn’t automatically reset the allocation. Maybe you could add a macro to the software to automatically reset every 30 seconds or so to get an accurate even distribution.

We're working on a more automatic version of QoS, as far as I am aware our plan in that regard is to run speedtests every X amount of time so that would update it for you. 

Question about qos and warzone. Does your qos change during game? When I lock in my setting before game everything looks great but my gaming experience goes down hill after a few games.

So my main question is the netduma qos shouldn’t change when your in game correct? 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

Question about qos and warzone. Does your qos change during game? When I lock in my setting before game everything looks great but my gaming experience goes down hill after a few games.

So my main question is the netduma qos shouldn’t change when your in game correct? 

The settings won't change no but things that could affect it may change, e.g. how many devices being used at the time, how much traffic they're using etc. That's why it's best to find out what QoS settings work best when your network is completely saturated. Even in game the server load may increase, you won't get put on the same server even if it's in the same location (they have many clustered in one spot)

On 7/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, Seye said:

Hey duma Family! I thought it would be nice to idea we all share our settings that works for each of us, for Call of duty Modern warfare, Cold War and Warzone. So if anyone wants to try out other settings it would be available in one place.

Here is mine....

Console:PS5

Geo-Filter Settings:

Filter Mode & Strick Mode :enabled

Distance : 1000 , Ping: 0

Congestion Control 

Always - 77/81

Traffic Prioritizations - DumaOS Classified Games enabled

Lastly I put my PS5 into DMZ zone to have OPEN Nat type, port forwarding doesn't really work. 

What's DMZ? How can I do this for my xbox? Because my NAT type has always been moderate in game. 

6 hours ago, David824 said:

for you guys running DMZ....have anyone checked to see if turning off UPNP helps or no difference?...Also, do you guys use DHCP and IP reserve you device addy? or not use it?

I reserved Netduma IP address on my ISP router, then ps5 IP reserved on Netduma. This seemed to have helped with random loose of internet.

I read and seen videos recommending turning UPNP off, which gives a better experience but I haven't.

I mean it wouldn't hurt to turn it off for a few games, I give it a try.

6 hours ago, Seye said:

I reserved Netduma IP address on my ISP router, then ps5 IP reserved on Netduma. This seemed to have helped with random loose of internet.

I read and seen videos recommending turning UPNP off, which gives a better experience but I haven't.

I mean it wouldn't hurt to turn it off for a few games, I give it a try.

You ip reserve duma to your ISP router?...you're running 2 routers?

1 hour ago, David824 said:

You ip reserve duma to your ISP router?...you're running 2 routers?

Well yeah pretty much everyone's setup, correct me if I'm wrong.

So here my setup BT hub(ISP box) to Netduma(gaming router) then to ps5 and other WiFi devices.

How is yours setup?

I have fiber....so I have the modem/router from my ISP...but I ip passthrough their router (pretty much take it out of the system) so it's their modem to my router (R2) to my  ps5 ....so I really only have one router in the system

If you played a few rounds and did well SBMM is most likely also going to get the best of you.

If you're on console, playing with crossplay on vs PC players can be quite a handfull. I play MW and CW on PC now and there is quite a difference in performance.

Played well doesn't mean I won every game I played or I was invincible no!

I said "it felt great", great in sense the game was much more stable in performance. hit registration was way better than before more consistent this time around, no random unexplained bullsh...

Not getting annoying packet burst icon pop on my screen like I normally do, majority of my game search where more around 20 to 35 ping lobbies unlike before starts at 30 then jumps to 70 before it finds a game. I mean it's clear there was a difference with UPNP turned off, it felt much better for me anyway.

I surely hope it stays this way, for once I didn't rage playing warzone lol.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Derlandes said:

Why? What's the difference in the game?

Test and find out, It doesnt work for everyone, Thats more of a console mtu setting in my opinion. my pc does not like that value at all but my xbox loves it

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Teste e descubra, não funciona para todos, isso é mais uma configuração de console mtu na minha opinião. meu pc não gosta nada desse valor mas meu xbox adora

Do I configure mtu on the router or on the console?

On 8/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, RoyDavis77 said:

-ps4

-Geo off

-60/60 cc always on (a+ dlsreports with no yellow or red above measurements or big jitter spikes)

-upnp

-wired

-3074 src 30000-45000 dst tp

I remember A7Legit saying something about hitting the reset button before every match once you had the sliders optimized and for some reason it works, dont know what it does exact;y, but it improves hit detection, if i dont hit reset distribution they sponge my bullets taking nearly a full magazie to kill. Thought it was a placebo but it works everytime.

udp or tcp or both?