how to force into lower skill lobbies

welshandy

37 minutes ago, welshandy said:

hi all so i picked up a netgear xr500 i've also got express vpn.  is there a perfect settings for the dumaOs to stop lag and high ping?

To reduce ping use geo filter and set it up for your closest server. To stop lag is hard to tell with no information. Use a wired connection and limit other people's bandwidth allocation to make sure your system always has the speed it needs which isn't alot at all. When you don't use qos one system might grab all the bandwidth and create lag spikes so limiting all devices and setting allocation up is a great way to go. I find the best setting for call of duty is to limit your speeds dramatically give yourself 1mb down and up see how that works. 

1 hour ago, welshandy said:

hi all so i picked up a netgear xr500 i've also got express vpn.  is there a perfect settings for the dumaOs to stop lag and high ping?

Hello Welshandy,

There is no way of forcing yourself into lower skilled lobbys with dumaOs and VPN. It all depends on your KD, people online, time of location ect. The only things that MIGHT help it a bit, but not worth it imo because of ping, you could force yourself into a lobby in the middle of the night across the world. But you have a 200+ ping, so not worth it. 

1 hour ago, l2eactionz said:

To reduce ping use geo filter and set it up for your closest server. To stop lag is hard to tell with no information. Use a wired connection and limit other people's bandwidth allocation to make sure your system always has the speed it needs which isn't alot at all. When you don't use qos one system might grab all the bandwidth and create lag spikes so limiting all devices and setting allocation up is a great way to go. I find the best setting for call of duty is to limit your speeds dramatically give yourself 1mb down and up see how that works. 

I just tested that and did not see any improvement/benefit...if anything, the game felt worse.

50 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I just tested that and did not see any improvement/benefit...if anything, the game felt worse.

That's my suggestion for what worked for me. Maybe our connections and isps are very different. I just find alot of people getting a much better result from capping there speeds very low. Has helped me loads with lag compensation always feel behind on time and shoot first die first. With my speeds capped it feels fair hell sometimes I kill someone and I literally think to myself I should be dead lol

5 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

That's my suggestion for what worked for me. Maybe our connections and isps are very different. I just find alot of people getting a much better result from capping there speeds very low. Has helped me loads with lag compensation always feel behind on time and shoot first die first. With my speeds capped it feels fair hell sometimes I kill someone and I literally think to myself I should be dead lol

Yeah quite possibly. I’m based in the UK with BT. Where are you based and who’s your ISP?

What QoS settings did you actually change? Was it just congestion control or bandwidth allocation too?

4 hours ago, welshandy said:

Great suggestions from the community!

You don't need to use a VPN to reduce lag and ping, it will only make it worse. I'd advise setting up both Geo-filter, to ensure you're connecting to the best available servers for you, and also QoS to ensure nothing else on your network can affect your connection. We have two great guides on our knowledge base to help you optimise both of these features!

Geo-filter:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

QoS:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

18 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah quite possibly. I’m based in the UK with BT. Where are you based and who’s your ISP?

What QoS settings did you actually change? Was it just congestion control or bandwidth allocation too?

I'm also in the UK using sky vdsl 75 down/ 20 up. I get 74 down 18 up. My cabinet is literally just down stairs and 2 houses down lol.

My ping and jitter is always really good I'm wired and using a playstation 5

I've set my geo filter with a radius just in the UK there is a peer and dedicated server towards the bottom of the UK so I only ever connect to them. But be warned these are actually high skilled servers from my testing yes you can still get low lobbies but I'm diamond on everything and always get diamond lobbies while connecting to the UK server/peer. If I open my geo filter to eu I get more platinum in there and an occasional gold if I'm lucky lol. For me keeping it to the UK and denying the peers while allowing the dedicated server gives me the best understanding of my other settings I change from there on. By connecting to the same server and only that server I can try the qos upnp and other options knowing I'm on the same server each time. That has helped big time. 

I have qos set to always 95%download 90%upload I don't change the sliders as I turn off the share excess bandwidth. I then give things like my tv a chunk and laptop and then limit my mobile as I'm always on 5g anyway and then give the playstation around 1mb as long as it doesn't make me lag due to the speeds being too low. If your on an older console try 2.5mb down and 1 to 2mb up. I set my partners up on xbox and she couldn't actually load into a game I changed it to 2.5mb and she was good to go

19 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

I'm also in the UK using sky vdsl 75 down/ 20 up. I get 74 down 18 up. My cabinet is literally just down stairs and 2 houses down lol.

My ping and jitter is always really good I'm wired and using a playstation 5

I've set my geo filter with a radius just in the UK there is a peer and dedicated server towards the bottom of the UK so I only ever connect to them. But be warned these are actually high skilled servers from my testing yes you can still get low lobbies but I'm diamond on everything and always get diamond lobbies while connecting to the UK server/peer. If I open my geo filter to eu I get more platinum in there and an occasional gold if I'm lucky lol. For me keeping it to the UK and denying the peers while allowing the dedicated server gives me the best understanding of my other settings I change from there on. By connecting to the same server and only that server I can try the qos upnp and other options knowing I'm on the same server each time. That has helped big time. 

I have qos set to always 95%download 90%upload I don't change the sliders as I turn off the share excess bandwidth. I then give things like my tv a chunk and laptop and then limit my mobile as I'm always on 5g anyway and then give the playstation around 1mb as long as it doesn't make me lag due to the speeds being too low. If your on an older console try 2.5mb down and 1 to 2mb up. I set my partners up on xbox and she couldn't actually load into a game I changed it to 2.5mb and she was good to go

You have pretty much the same as me then...I get approx 65 down and 18 up via connnection benchmark, with approx 10ms ping and usually no jitter. I play on wires Xbox One X, and also have geo set to cover the UK only, and usually get placed in Platinum/Diamond lobbies.

I’ve played around with QoS but don’t notice any improvement with in game performance, however I found taking it down to 1mbps made it worse, however I’m open to the fact that this could have been the servers or players I encountered. There’s no other usage on devices when I play (other than being powered on) so I’m not entirely sure there is any benefit for me to use QoS at all tbh.

17 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

You have pretty much the same as me then...I get approx 65 down and 18 up via connnection benchmark, with approx 10ms ping and usually no jitter. I play on wires Xbox One X, and also have geo set to cover the UK only, and usually get placed in Platinum/Diamond lobbies.

I’ve played around with QoS but don’t notice any improvement with in game performance, however I found taking it down to 1mbps made it worse, however I’m open to the fact that this could have been the servers or players I encountered. There’s no other usage on devices when I play (other than being powered on) so I’m not entirely sure there is any benefit for me to use QoS at all tbh.

There is a sweet spot on QOS for everybody just need to find it . Connection benchmark on the router is one way to find the best ping under load results( when it works :) )  . However I play wired and decided to find mine on the xbox browser via DSL Reports . My sweet spot is 76%  DL  and 92% UL . Aligned with Geo filter for just the UK server and maybe France  good TP setup and I am more than happy with COD and hit detection  in general 

39 minutes ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

There is a sweet spot on QOS for everybody just need to find it . Connection benchmark on the router is one way to find the best ping under load results( when it works :) )  . However I play wired and decided to find mine on the xbox browser via DSL Reports . My sweet spot is 76%  DL  and 92% UL . Aligned with Geo filter for just the UK server and maybe France  good TP setup and I am more than happy with COD and hit detection  in general 

How does this DSL reports site work and help find your “sweet spot”? What’s your TP setup?

Edit: found the other thread with details so will give it a test. For TP, all I have is Games Console and DumaOS Classified Games turned off...is that what you have too?

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

How does this DSL reports site work and help find your “sweet spot”? 

It doesn't. You need to find what works in game, not what makes you're connection the best it can be.

We all know CoD favours bad connections.

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

So it’s basically guess work?

Thats the only way I've ever gotten CoD to play well and I've done alot more testing than I have playing the game which is annoying as I'm sure you'd understand.

Good results on DSL have only ever made CoD run like crap for me.

43 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Thats the only way I've ever gotten CoD to play well and I've done alot more testing than I have playing the game which is annoying as I'm sure you'd understand.

Good results on DSL have only ever made CoD run like crap for me.

Yeah totally understand. Would you mind sharing your settings?

28 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah totally understand. Would you mind sharing your settings?

I don't use a Netduma router but all I do is cap my console bandwidth at 21d 0.5u and DMZ my console also.

I don't port forward (DMZ does that) or prio any ports.

Even when I did use a Netduma R1, I would test in game, just move the sliders down from 100% til the shoot first die first and me getting one shot disappears.

5 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

How does this DSL reports site work and help find your “sweet spot”? What’s your TP setup?

Edit: found the other thread with details so will give it a test. For TP, all I have is Games Console and DumaOS Classified Games turned off...is that what you have too?

Try it there is nothing to lose , set your QOS to 95/95 and ALWAYS test it on DSL  and work down reducing the sliders by by 5% to start with . The image below I just took from my IPad just for an example , its  the second page and the trick is to get the UL and DL variance as close as possible .  With regards to TP just prioritise the ports shown in www.port forward.com for your device and game . For Xbox and CW there are only 4 . Lots of good advice on here from many people , what works for one may not work for another . Try to this see what you think , you may have to put some time in on DSL reports until your satisfied .  I am convinced this along with the TP is the key 

90F3AAE2-E91C-42A8-AD70-D3F01C21A1C0.thumb.jpeg.fd27a486a272c08c8fa3a004f6c8000a.jpeg

41 minutes ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

41 minutes ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

I am convinced this along with the TP is the key 

Funny how I've never prio'd ports nor do I use DSL which I always found inaccurate yet have a much better experience in game than most of the folk on this site seem to.

Having said that... everyones connection is different and what works for one may not work for another.

I personally would advise to test in game. CoD is an awkward beast that does not work the same as every other game out there. The better I make my connection, the worse the game runs.

Cod doesn't like qos, I use openwrt with a simple upload cap of 500kbps and 20000kbps download. The way the cod algorithms work is quite counter intuitive. The slower your connection is the less times you get messed over with lag compensation. Ymmv

19 hours ago, digz_au said:

Cod doesn't like qos, I use openwrt with a simple upload cap of 500kbps and 20000kbps download. The way the cod algorithms work is quite counter intuitive. The slower your connection is the less times you get messed over with lag compensation. Ymmv

But is QoS/CC in Netduma not a "cap"? Which should work the same?

But for me capping with CC, even to 0,5/20, did nothing for me... Like if CoD detect the tuning and think: "you wanna bypass me? I hit you with the full LagCompensator/SBMM shit i have!"

But noticed this for more games, so i think "problem" is not only on CoD, more on other thinks but i cant figure out...

14 minutes ago, shiddy said:

But for me capping with CC, even to 0,5/20, did nothing for me... Like if CoD detect the tuning and think: "you wanna bypass me? I hit you with the full LagCompensator/SBMM shit i have!"

But noticed this for more games, so i think "problem" is not only on CoD, more on other thinks but i cant figure out...

Have similar problem, i thought i fix it but nah only could play for 1 day, even when reducing download/upload in cod  game option-> account my link bandwidth always remain the same. I tried play in my phone network but still the same. Dont know anymore  if its my network or game.

1 hour ago, shiddy said:

Netduma is using a custom qos script, fq codel with a few changes I believe. Cod runs better without qos, anything with a simple bandwidth limiter will suffice. Try cod with qos disabled and see how you go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 4:19 AM, Darren Munnich said:

Hello Welshandy,

There is no way of forcing yourself into lower skilled lobbys with dumaOs and VPN. It all depends on your KD, people online, time of location ect. The only things that MIGHT help it a bit, but not worth it imo because of ping, you could force yourself into a lobby in the middle of the night across the world. But you have a 200+ ping, so not worth it. 

Warzone's algorithms are strange... I'm in California and with no VPN or geofilter i'm obviously getting put in California servers(high population) and the lobbies almost 95 percent of the time diamond 1 or 2. Once I experimented with the VPN and change my location, the first game on a Texas or Seattle server for example would be insanely easy, then the SBMM would kick in and would get go back to harder lobbies but nothing like my California servers. In 20 games in Cali I'd have 18/20 games in diamond lobbies but in different locations it'd look like: 1 bronze, 3 silver, 6 gold, 6 platinum, 4 diamond which is a hell of a lot more enjoyable. My ping suffers, rather than being 40s in CA I have to play 90s in texas but it's been worth to play in casual lobbies.