This guy has god like connection. How?!

KingOfHearts

I recently was playing against this guy and he would insta melt me every single time. Kill cam makes me look as if still in running animation. He said on stream he lives in Bronx NY but I'm from Jersey. How in the hell does he just melt people? If you see closely, he gets shot 1st and melts people every single time. His hit detection is god like as well as latency wise. Mayne someone can help me understand how to get his connection cause I even told the kid, I'm willing to tip $100 to tell me his set up. Pretty sure he wont. This is the only game he plays since it's the only game he can have god like connection. I never see him play black ops 4, COD Cold war Alpha, Infinite warfare, modern warfare or even free shit like Apex legends or Rogue company. This game is his bread and butter. @Netduma Fraser you think any suspicions here? Hes either in moderate to open nat types. Just watch some videos of him and you'll see what I mean.  I am not promoting this guy. Just jealous lol.

• Administrators

I think quite a big part of it is that he is playing a fairly old game in terms of the CoD universe and so there will be less load on the servers so if he lives close to a server then that will really benefit him as well. I did a little digging and he has fiber optic which means his base ping should be very low as well so probably has 15-20ms game ping depending on server location. 

Is Fibre better than Fios? Or the same? I have Verizon Fios in NJ. I have my polygons set to black ops 3 servers in my area but everytime I face him, I have no chance at all. He drops streaks like Brad Pitt dropping panties on a daily basis. Easy. I get lucky if I shoot 1st and kill him but the amount of him melting me and killcam reflecting me not even aiming at him is insane. 

I even have QOS set to always enabled for prioritizing, speeds up and down over 600mbps. Sliders set to 70% each. I cant do anything against him. Damn it lol.

MarkofJ has always had a similar kinda connection, espc. in BOp3.

He'd get hit from multiple directions yet take hardly any damage and he'd just melt you everytime.

He's always said that the server is pretty much in his back yard and thats why.

MarkofJ does live close to a server and he never, ever talks about his network or connection tips and tricks. He even hides his modem / router, but I am sure he is on a fiber connection. He studied networking too.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Is Fibre better than Fios? Or the same? I have Verizon Fios in NJ. I have my polygons set to black ops 3 servers in my area but everytime I face him, I have no chance at all. He drops streaks like Brad Pitt dropping panties on a daily basis. Easy. I get lucky if I shoot 1st and kill him but the amount of him melting me and killcam reflecting me not even aiming at him is insane. 

I even have QOS set to always enabled for prioritizing, speeds up and down over 600mbps. Sliders set to 70% each. I cant do anything against him. Damn it lol.

Fios is fiber. Do you find you have good hit detection against other people or anything specifically wrong or is it just against him?

17 minutes ago, Alex49H said:

MarkofJ does live close to a server and he never, ever talks about his network or connection tips and tricks. He even hides his modem / router, but I am sure he is on a fiber connection. He studied networking too.

I'm sure I've heard him say he has FTTP before. But yeah, wish I had his connection.

@Netduma Fraserhonestly Fraser, I've been getting alot of shoot first die first recently. On him, I have no chance but I have come across plenty of people this week that I cannot even get a bullet in them. When I plugged my ethernet from ONT to PS4, I had Nat Type 1 and for some reason, I had this guys connections. I was god like. Then, I dont know what happened, but now if I try to do ONT to PS4 again, I have no more advantages. So I bought the XR500/Netduma R2 to see if I can win back those advantages. Nothing close. I even tried throttling as others suggested, multiple things. Nothing. I dont need to port forward since I'm always open. Others said try contact your ISP and have them change your IP close to a static IP and request  your closest black ops 3 servers but I think that's hella too much now lol.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please and the Geo-Filter as it looks when you're in a game please and showing the ping?

Jus got home. Will do.

King of hearts two things i noticed in those images   that  might be causing issue is

1st connection benchmark  looks like thers a few spikes on your upload

So  i would manually change your upload sliders till those spikes disapear

The second is the server appears to be only 20hz not 60hz server \host

Was this screenshot took during gameplay or  before the game started

If my theory is correct  

a 20mz server \host   then your ping would need to be around 48ms to sync up with the server

So why not try to move location to a server thats closest to 48ms ans see how that plays

My theory goes 60hz  servers run at 16ms ping

40hz servers run at 32ms ping

20hz servers run at 48ms ping

So in order for you to sync up with ther server you play on

So you dont drop 'packets you need your ping as close to server tickrates

This is what im thinking this is only my opinion

• Administrators

Some good advice above, I don't necessarily agree with the server comments but I could be wrong, worth a try! We do recommend sometimes for people to force further away servers if a close one doesn't work well for them.

6 hours ago, kinel said:

King of hearts two things i noticed in those images   that  might be causing issue is

1st connection benchmark  looks like thers a few spikes on your upload

So  i would manually change your upload sliders till those spikes disapear

The second is the server appears to be only 20hz not 60hz server \host

Was this screenshot took during gameplay or  before the game started

If my theory is correct  

a 20mz server \host   then your ping would need to be around 48ms to sync up with the server

So why not try to move location to a server thats closest to 48ms ans see how that plays

My theory goes 60hz  servers run at 16ms ping

40hz servers run at 32ms ping

20hz servers run at 48ms ping

So in order for you to sync up with ther server you play on

So you dont drop 'packets you need your ping as close to server tickrates

This is what im thinking this is only my opinion

The spikes are whether I'm in game or not so this whole time i thought it was normal lol. 

The screenshot was during gameplay and everytime I change lobbies, all the host servers are 20hz. So change my NJ location to another state where the game server has 40ms ping or more? That's new, never thought of that. 

To check where the black ops 3 servers are, just google it? The ping heat map doesnt have black ops 3 but 4. Are they the same?

Thanks everyone.

i dont see anything weird here hes using a man o war its a 3 shot and a 2 shot if you use high calibar this games got a extremly fast kill time the guns he use are best guns in game for pubs nothing strange here at all curious as to what you use when playing him might clear up why you felt like you shot first and insta died that and its bo3 insta dieing is easy to do on this game specifically

12 hours ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

i dont see anything weird here hes using a man o war its a 3 shot and a 2 shot if you use high calibar this games got a extremly fast kill time the guns he use are best guns in game for pubs nothing strange here at all curious as to what you use when playing him might clear up why you felt like you shot first and insta died that and its bo3 insta dieing is easy to do on this game specifically

Watch his other videos. Even with a SMG, he cross maps melts people so fast. You can hear the difference in hit detection and the way the enemy seems to always shoot his opposite side of his body or they're still in running animation or when hes being shot by 2-3 people and not dying. Its alot more complex to get into. 

Seems he's always on the good side of lag comp. From memory my connection was around 20Mbps and I had a 40-50ms ping and struggled in BO3. You'd think a ping around that would be the sweet spot but I had huge issues with hit detection/being melted before I could aim etc. Especially when there were people from New Zealand in our lobbies, the lag comp favoured them to the point they could cop half a mag in the back but still turn on u. My guess is their ping was in the 60-80ms range. Maybe this guy has one of those 4g modems

1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

image.thumb.png.ad20c5f8333f12e79caba2d08fbbefae.png

why does this server keep popping up? every time i load the game, its there? im trying different locations as per @kinel. so far still getting melted 

That is the Demonware server from Activision. No need to worry. 

The guy is playing bot lobbies.

Look his first game he is just running everywhere there is not a single tryhard in the other team, the enemy team doesn't have a clue whats happening.

He is just playing against way below average players.