XR700 Beta DumaOs 3.0 & Fw. V1.0.1.36

!!! DumaOs 3.0 Beta out for XR700 !!!

Firmware V1.0.1.36 out !!!!!!

Download link below

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports Plex media server version 1.19.5
  • Supports additional ISPs from Asia in the ISP profile list on Internet Setup page

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the SAMBA issue when the file size is greater than 2 GB.

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerability issues

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR700/XR700-V1.0.1.36.zip

https://kb.netgear.com/000062409/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-34

XR700-V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6.img

I am not able to install Plex server after updating to the latest firmware V1.0.1.34.

I did a factory reset after installing the firmware and I try two different USB drives without any success.

PXL_20200930_111812879.jpg

• Administrators
On 10/1/2020 at 10:13 AM, Xrv said:

I am not able to install Plex server after updating to the latest firmware V1.0.1.34.

I did a factory reset after installing the firmware and I try two different USB drives without any success.

The router time zone may be inaccurate, make sure it matches your region and then see if you are able to update plex.

You already answered my question in Netgear community.

You recommend it to creating a ticket. It has been 2 days without response from Netgear.

I believe that the update link to newest Plex it's broken.

And I believe that the telnet it's disable on the xr700 so I cannot manually update the link through command line .

Hope you guys going to start invite people for DumaOS 3.0 beta.

Really waiting for 3.0 for XR700 didn't knew their top router would be one of the last one getting DumaOs 3.0

While the XR700 works really good in my home network very stable, very good WiFi connection and speeds to all my devices.

It's really a pity that Netgear abandons their routers like this in lack of security updates, driver updates, certificate updates for the firmware to be up to date.

It at least should came out together when 3.0 came out for XR500 that is months ago.

• Administrators

It's not as easy as just releasing it when the 500 version is released, they are different router architectures so it requires a lot of work to get it working properly on each router. You will get it soon, we're not leaving you out.

It doesnt matter if something new comes out or not.

I dont think Netgear have only 1 team that is working on all routers.

They should be more supportive in pushing firmware updates for security and drivers of the router's.

Guest Killhippie
17 hours ago, Mobel said:

It doesnt matter if something new comes out or not.

I dont think Netgear have only 1 team that is working on all routers.

They should be more supportive in pushing firmware updates for security and drivers of the router's.

Netgear can only update drivers when the are released by the OEM say Qualcomm or Broadcom or in the XR700 case Annapurna Labs which is owned by Amazon. Since the XR700 is quite old now and the R9000 its based off has reached end of life, there may be very few updates available, Netgear cant make updates to drivers etc if they don't exist. Also as a router gets older they get less updates as the hardware has matured, you might only get security fixes and no new features as they move on to newer routers they are selling. You cannot expect a company to stand still especially when a whole new Wi-Fi standard is taking over. You also get security fixes when they are due, or when a Zero day is found and a hotfix is needed, because the XR700 is a hybrid of two firmwares that will always slow things a down a bit as it takes more time to patch for compatibility sake.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, jpoison said:

Just to say after updating do this version for some reason of incompetence on chrome while watching twich keep the stream buffering 90% of the time, so i downgrade to V1.0.1.24 and now its all good.

Check your speeds on that latest firmware and make sure you're not over throttling.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check your speeds on that latest firmware and make sure you're not over throttling.

why is so hard to believe that the latest firmware is broken for me ? i downgrade and is fine now, but unfortunately i cant use the latest firmware because netgear or netduma doesnt work hard on fixing shitty bugs not to mention that dumaos3.0 is not out yet for my router XR700 after it was announced several months ago. Poor customer service that's all i have to say.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jpoison said:

why is so hard to believe that the latest firmware is broken for me ? i downgrade and is fine now, but unfortunately i cant use the latest firmware because netgear or netduma doesnt work hard on fixing shitty bugs not to mention that dumaos3.0 is not out yet for my router XR700 after it was announced several months ago. Poor customer service that's all i have to say.

My job is to provide support, I have to ascertain what the problem is first. Also none of our changes are included in that version which is why it is peculiar that has happened. If you want to stay on .24 that is fine, my estimate for 3.0 is a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

My job is to provide support, I have to ascertain what the problem is first. Also none of our changes are included in that version which is why it is peculiar that has happened. If you want to stay on .24 that is fine, my estimate for 3.0 is a few weeks.

ok, so please explain to me when i was on the .34 i had no lag on gaming, youtube etc... only buffering very bad on twitch? just downgrade to .24 and now twitch is fine. Also I switch from the xr500 to the xr700 router, on speedtest the xr500 always had 930MB+/- download on the xr700 580MB +/- download no matter the firmware. So any helpful answer ????  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jpoison said:

ok, so please explain to me when i was on the .34 i had no lag on gaming, youtube etc... only buffering very bad on twitch? just downgrade to .24 and now twitch is fine. Also I switch from the xr500 to the xr700 router, on speedtest the xr500 always had 930MB+/- download on the xr700 580MB +/- download no matter the firmware. So any helpful answer ????  

I don't know as I don't know any of the details at this point. As I said, 3.0 should be coming in a few weeks, you're on a good firmware at the moment so best to stay on that. Disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu in the top left of the panel, do you get full speeds then? Are you using WiFi or ethernet?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't know as I don't know any of the details at this point. As I said, 3.0 should be coming in a few weeks, you're on a good firmware at the moment so best to stay on that. Disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu in the top left of the panel, do you get full speeds then? Are you using WiFi or ethernet?

I disable QoS and the result is the same, i'm using cable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you do the setup wizard again, without a reset and just do it until you do the speed test, what does the test say?

Sorry but no patience for that anymore, netgear didn't offer me the router so i paid to have a faulty product? i'm sorry but they should avoid problems like this at all cost before anything.

How long for the dumaos 3.0 for xr700 ?