No Connection at all to R2

Yam Yam

24 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Hi @Yam Yam, we are looking more into the issue. One thing to consider, have you tried pressing the reset mode on your Sky Hub when the light becomes orange? Here is what I found regarding it on Sky's webpage: https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/lights-on-your-sky-hub-explained/the-power-light-is-flashing-amber-q-hub

I believe there might be some problem on how Sky is handling the handshake.

The LED's I was talking about are the ones on the back of the Sky modem either side of the ethernet port, not the ones on the front that show Power, Internet & Wi-Fi 👍

I get 2 solid LED's for power & internet but nothing for Wi-Fi as I disable that 😊

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

The LED's I was talking about are the ones on the back of the Sky modem either side of the ethernet port, not the ones on the front that show Power, Internet & Wi-Fi 👍

I get 2 solid LED's for power & internet but nothing for Wi-Fi as I disable that 😊

Did you have any luck with the previous suggestions getting a connection?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you have any luck with the previous suggestions getting a connection?

Unfortunately cloning Mac of R1 & even trying Static IP didn't work Fraser.

It takes roughly 5mins to connect to UI, then when I make a change and Apply it takes 10-15mins to reconnect.

Then eventually I'm greeted by the error in the pic...

20200812_175523.jpg

The way I did mine was to leave sky WiFi on did not touch the sky settings at all then I turned everything off, connected everything up but did not switch the R2 on till after the sky modem had booted up. Then I connected my devices to the R2 then I switched the WiFi off on sky and connected my sky hub and mini boxes up to the R2. Hopefully this may help. 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Unfortunately cloning Mac of R1 & even trying Static IP didn't work Fraser.

It takes roughly 5mins to connect to UI, then when I make a change and Apply it takes 10-15mins to reconnect.

Then eventually I'm greeted by the error in the pic...

Could you try the suggestion above please and then when you go to access the interface again and you're greeted by that message could you clear the browser/cache and see if you can access, otherwise try rebooting the R2.

Guest Killhippie
7 hours ago, Yam Yam said:

Yes mate, I have a connection to the R1 straight away which I'm replying from.

Ok, I'll note the settings & also copy the R1 Mac to the R2 👍

No problem, I'll upgrade the R2 😎

The only option I have is using the Sky Modem in router (edit) mode.

I connect the Sky to the R2 with supplied cable & disable Sky Wi-Fi.

That's it, it's set up the same as the R1.

Ok then, gonna try the Mac clone first after upgrading R2 👍

Unless you use DMZ you are going to have double Nat issues also I’m confused as sky mesh to the sky Q box works over 5ghz on 3x3 or 4x4 MIMO depending on which box not 2..4 unless you have gone into the secret set up menu and disabled 5ghz. 

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Unless you use DMZ you are going to have double Nat issues also I’m confused as sky mesh to the sky Q box works over 5ghz on 3x3 or 4x4 MIMO depending on which box not 2..4 unless you have gone into the secret set up menu and disabled 5ghz. 

Yes, all 5ghz are disabled, I don't really need it but if you mean the 5ghz of the Set Top Box, no I haven't gone into that secret/engineers menu.

Tell me people, how can I enter an IP address into the DMZ if I don't get one on any device... ???

Can you please leave the Sky Q Set Top Box, I know you have a wealth of information but it has nothing to do with it. That's connected like everything else with an Ethernet cable to the R1 or R2 

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try the suggestion above please and then when you go to access the interface again and you're greeted by that message could you clear the browser/cache and see if you can access, otherwise try rebooting the R2.

I already did Fraser, I mentioned it in one of my posts beforehand in this topic.

I tried booting everything up together & then I did the Modem first till fully initialized then added the R2.

I'll give it another go anyway but trust me, it won't accept the R2, its like the Mac is blacklisted.

Not only that but it takes too much time, I attempted to try the R2 again at around 12:30am Wednesday Morning, I was still trying all suggestions mentioned upto around 6pm. Went to bed at 7pm last night & just woke up about 20mims ago....

I used to get this issue years ago when messing with modems, they would marry up to the customers equipment, like a pc. When they tried another device (directly, not using a router) they wouldn't budge as the original Mac wasn't present which was when they first initialized the Modem. & again, the tiny LED's on the Ethernet port itself would be green & orange. When it's accepted, they both show green. The ones one the back lads on the port itself, not the front indicator LED's. This was when we would have to clone the Mac like Fraser mentioned to fool the Modem into thinking it was the original equipment they used.

I think the LED's represent Tx & Rx (transmit & receive) but the R2 won't budge.

Ok, if we keep it simple, by rights I should be able to boot the R2 & just connect a PC to it which would give me an IP but no internet connectivity.

I should then be able to goto the UI but it takes ages to load the page even if I force an IP in the PC network options for IPV4.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Above attempted but to no avail & I'm not getting the JSON error any more so maybe the cache clearance sorted that.

If I clone the Mac & save network it holds the Mac but if I reboot the R2 the Mac Clone option goes back to default so there's no way of achieving it. It must have been doing that yesterday but as it took so long to show the UI after rebooting, I couldn't really confirm 100%,  it's like it resets itself ?

The R1 holds changes even if rebooting... or should I say that's the way it was improvised. Is the R2 different in that aspect ?

20200813_063559.jpg

20200813_072334.jpg

20200813_061537.jpg

20200813_072518.jpg

20200813_072640.jpg

2 hours ago, Yam Yam said:

Ok, if we keep it simple, by rights I should be able to boot the R2 & just connect a PC to it which would give me an IP but no internet connectivity.

I should then be able to goto the UI but it takes ages to load the page even if I force an IP in the PC network options for IPV4.

Are you saying you can’t set the r2 up off line and there is an issue getting into the UI when it’s off line?

Guest Killhippie

Try removing everything and just connection the sky Q hub up without the R1 or R2 just to make sure its all working, before starting again maybe best.

32 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Are you saying you can’t set the r2 up off line and there is an issue getting into the UI when it’s off line?

What do you mean by SETUP ?

I can connect to the R2 UI but it's slower than connecting to the R1. Also, the R2 does not save any settings if rebooted, either by option or removing power.

I have accessed the UI to check the network settings & everything is the SAME as it is with the R1.

Guest Killhippie

The R1 was not set up properly with your setup I believe in the first place. Without use of DMZ you would have surely had double nat issues? Also have you got any sky mini boes in the place?  Is the sky box working as it should on the new v120 firmware? Things have changed now and future updates are noq done though the sky main box over the internet, so that really needs to be working, also is the Sky Q hub on the latest firmware? These devices need to be kept patches for your chain of devices to work properly. Hence just check it all works with hub, sky box. If it does all is fine, just a trouble shooting step.

14 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Try removing everything and just connection the sky Q hub up without the R1 or R2 just to make sure its all working, before starting again maybe best.

Buddy, I appreciate your help but everytime you mention Q hub it sounds like you're on about the set top box.

So, I've got a Sky Q Box to watch channels on & I have a Sky ER115 modem/router.

I don't connect the R1 or R2 to the Sky Q Box, only to the ER115.

Guest Killhippie
1 minute ago, Yam Yam said:

I can connect to the R2 UI but it's slower than connecting to the R1. Also, the R2 does not save any settings if rebooted, either by option or removing power.

I have accessed the UI to check the network settings & everything is the SAME as it is with the R1.

I think there is a new firmware coming, as a new release bugs do happen, also this heat will not have helped, try elevating the R2 on some books at the edges to allow more cooling space, the CPU may throttle under extreme heat possibly. Also some of these issues may be possibly release bugs, all routers have them and Netduma can patch these very fast now. :)

5 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

I took it you had tried to enter the router while it was not connected online ie just sat on the table and powered up with no connections. Sometimes it’s a good way of seeing issue if there’s one.

4 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

The R1 was not set up properly with your setup I believe in the first place. Without use of DMZ you would have surely had double nat issues? Also have you got any sky mini boes in the place?  Is the sky box working as it should on the new v120 firmware? Things have changed now and future updates are noq done though the sky main box over the internet, so that really needs to be working, also is the Sky Q hub on the latest firmware? These devices need to be kept patches for your chain of devices to work properly. Hence just check it all works with hub, sky box. If it does all is fine, just a trouble shooting step.

I had the IP of the R1 in the DMZ of the ER110 at the time. I've not long owned the ER115

Guest Killhippie
23 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

I had the IP of the R1 in the DMZ of the ER110 at the time. I've not long owned the ER115

So is that the issue maybe, can you get the R2 to put the ER115 into DMZ at all. Let the R2 cool down for say 30 minutes and try again. Does it work with ER110 if you still have it?

21 minutes ago, Newfie said:

I took it you had tried to enter the router while it was not connected online ie just sat on the table and powered up with no connections. Sometimes it’s a good way of seeing issue if there’s one.

Yes, I can connect to the UI while its offline, I already stated this above but like I said, it's slower than comparing to the R1. I thought this might give you a clue as to why it's slower, obtaining IP addresses maybe etc etc ?

Just now, Yam Yam said:

Yes, I can connect to the UI while its offline, I already stated this above but like I said, it's slower than comparing to the R1. I thought this might give you a clue as to why it's slower, obtaining IP addresses maybe etc etc ?

It should be quite quick when you access the UI. It might pay to reset the R2. A nice clean fresh start.

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

So is that the issue maybe, can you get the R2 to put the ER115 into DMZ at all. Let the R2 cool down for say 30 minutes and try again.

No, I can't get the R2 to put ER115 into the DMZ. I don't get you. I thought we put the R2 IP into the DMZ of the ER115 as the Netduma has it's own security.

The only way that's possible is to directly connect the PC to the ER115, goto the DMZ page and manually type in the R2's IP address.

When I have the R1 set up, I can type the ER115 UI page into an address bar & open it. It's not possible to do this using the R2.

Edited by Yam Yam
Specifying Modem UI to save confusion

Guest Killhippie

Or get a pure modem, a Vigir 130 supports sky Mer and option 61 and you will have a modem only which is better and faster and no DMZ needed. Also second hand sky Q stuff can be remotely shut down. Just a thought, as sky own it and its all meant to go back when you leave, unlike the old sky HD days, if you bought second hand of course.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Draytek-Vigor-130-setup-with-sky-fibre/td-p/3393074

Don't forget though lads, I can't type an IP address into the DMZ of the ER115 because the long & short of it is, and already mentioned in a previous reply...

I CAN'T GET AN IP FOR THE R2 AS IT WON'T CONNECT.

I also shouldn't have to cool down the R2 as I've not had it connected so everytime one person recommends trying something or a fix, the R2 is unboxed again as it doesn't work................

Edited by Yam Yam

Guest Killhippie
1 minute ago, Yam Yam said:

Don't forget though lads, I can't type an IP address into the DMZ of the ER115 because the long & short of it is, and already mentioned in a previous reply...

I CAN'T GET AN IP FOR THE R2 AS IT WON'T CONNECT.

Please dont shout I know its frustrating. The IP for R2 is 192.168.77.1 you said the R2 GUI was sluggish, that means you have connected to 192.168.77.1 which is the IP of the router. So are you saying you cant get an IP address from your ISP? Have you put your settings into the R2, or tried a factory reset via the small pinhole in the back. Hold for 20 seconds let the router reboot then try again. If none of this works you may have a faulty R2 possibly as this really work by now. Maybe contact @Netduma Fraser