No Connection at all to R2

Yam Yam

On 8/14/2020 at 4:41 PM, Netduma Iain said:

Hi @Yam Yam, thank-you you have the patience of a saint.

I've got a few more suggestions for you and if they don't work we'll have to get you a replacement and debug your unit. Could you try the following in order and if any work just report back please:

• Can you connect your r1 to the sky modem then put your r2 behind your r1. Then finally connect your client devices to the r2. Do you get Internet through the r2 now? 
  • Could you make sure r2 is connected to sky box via WAN port (blue port). After doing that go to WAN settings and click the network tab. Select the static radio then and give yourself the IP 192.168.0.77, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.0.1. Select DNS override and enter 8.8.8.8 for primary DNS and 1.2.3.4 for secondary DNS. Then save settings do you have Internet now? 

@Netduma Fraser could you take a screenshot of the setup for bullet point 2 to help Yam Yam please.

That's no problem, I understand the procedure.

Sorry that I've only just replied... let's just say 'hair of the dog' today 🤢  The last people left at about 4:20am 🤮 😭

I'll try & get this done tonight all being well as still a little delicate (I'm not a good drinker)

55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi @Yam Yam the developers are wondering if you've had the chance to try the suggestions that were mentioned?

Sorry Fraser, I wasn't at home yesterday due to some surprises over the weekend.

I tried both suggestions from Adrian but unfortunately nothing worked.

The only positive really was being able to stay connected to the UI & it didn't seem to be sluggish on the R2. Still no IP address given though I'm afraid, apologies again.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Sorry Fraser, I wasn't at home yesterday due to some surprises over the weekend.

I tried both suggestions from Adrian but unfortunately nothing worked.

The only positive really was being able to stay connected to the UI & it didn't seem to be sluggish on the R2. Still no IP address given though I'm afraid, apologies again.

Thanks for letting us know and no need to apologize, it's not your fault! I've let Adrian know.

• Administrators

haha @Yam Yam sounds like you had a good time!!

Just to confirm, you couldn't get Internet by going through the R1, something like:

modem <-> r1 <-> r2 <-> Your PC

If that didn't work we may just have to replace your unit and try debug it our end. Sorry for the inconvenience and really appreciate your patience. We'll refund your shipping. 

18 minutes ago, Netduma Iain said:

haha @Yam Yam sounds like you had a good time!!

Just to confirm, you couldn't get Internet by going through the R1, something like:

modem <-> r1 <-> r2 <-> Your PC

If that didn't work we may just have to replace your unit and try debug it our end. Sorry for the inconvenience and really appreciate your patience. We'll refund your shipping. 

It wasn't bad at all 😆..

No buddy, no IP address's were given from the R2 in both situations. Maybe after your guys have taken a look at it you could let me know, obviously only if it doesn't take up pointless time, from a business perspective.

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway Iain, we tried 

Thanks also for the shipping suggestion, absolutely first class service, I never doubted you in the first place.  N°1🏁

May other forum users take this as testament to all Netduma Staff breaking their necks to help each & every one of you, no matter what the problem  😎

Edited by Yam Yam
Answering initial question

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

It wasn't bad at all 😆..

No buddy, no IP address's were given from the R2 in both situations. Maybe after your guys have taken a look at it you could let me know, obviously only if it doesn't take up pointless time, from a business perspective.

Thanks also for the shipping suggestion, absolutely first class service, I never doubted you in the first place.  N°1🏁

May other forum users take this as testament to all Netduma Staff breaking their necks to help each & every one of you, no matter what the problem  😎

Thanks for trying. Could you email [email protected] with your order number and a link to this topic please? We'll get you a replacement and arrange for your existing router to be collected. As Iain said we'll refund the shipping as well. Thanks for the kind words!

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

It wasn't bad at all 😆..

Thank-you very much, that is very kind of you to say. Hopefully replacement unit arrives quick and works first time. If not let us know and we'll definitely figure it out! 

Before you replace the unit I had one last thought. When you connected the r2 through the r1 had you reset your WAN settings to use DHCP? 

4 hours ago, Netduma Iain said:

Thank-you very much, that is very kind of you to say. Hopefully replacement unit arrives quick and works first time. If not let us know and we'll definitely figure it out! 

Before you replace the unit I had one last thought. When you connected the r2 through the r1 had you reset your WAN settings to use DHCP? 

I tried a lot more than asked on the bullet points to be honest Iain as I was as determined to get it to work as much as yourselves. I had about 4 spare hours last night, even resetting back to factory after all options checked/unchecked or enabled/disabled.

No matter what I did, I couldn't get the Internet Connection LED to go solid on the R2, I mentioned in an earlier reply that it only stayed solid twice & that was before all the intense help from you guys.

I can't thank you enough, when you send the R2 I'll send mine back in the new packaging as the promotion box has a very slight tear courtesy of my youngest son, I left it out for 5mins after boxing/unboxing to try all instructions during the week.

Thanks again & proud to be part of the Duma Army 👍😎

• Administrators

Thanks @Yam Yam really appreciate your help on this. Do let us know when you get the new router if you're able to get a connection. Also a personal request from myself could you write on a bit of paper your forum name and 'Won't connect to Sky broadband - give to devs' please and include it in the box? Just want to make sure it definitely gets to the devs for debugging.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks @Yam Yam really appreciate your help on this. Do let us know when you get the new router if you're able to get a connection. Also a personal request from myself could you write on a bit of paper your forum name and 'Won't connect to Sky broadband - give to devs' please and include it in the box? Just want to make sure it definitely gets to the devs for debugging.

Sure Fraser, no problem at all. On the note I'll also include the Serial Number & Mac Address as this is slightly worn towards the end of the digits, I know the details as I took a few pics of device before use. I reckon this has worn as of all the handling during swapping between the R2 & R1 👍

Not to worry, I always do this with everything as in the past I've bought new car parts from eBay & one Seller claimed I was returning a different Turbo Cartridge when in fact it matched the pics on the auction.

So, if you close this topic, I'lI send you a PM as soon as I recieve it if thats ok ?

• Netduma Staff

We plan to keep this open to confirm if the replacement unit fixes the problem for Yam Yam.

We will also debug the returned unit once it reaches us to find the root of this problem, and hopefully deliver a fix for new users, in case anyone else experiences this problem.

Guest Killhippie

Just noticed on m my unit that the password does rub off a bit easily, best be careful as you could loose the Wi-Fi password and serial number if you were a bit heavy handed when you first got it. It would rub off quite easy if your hands were sweaty

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Ranger491 said:

I have been trying all day and I keep getting this message

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you create a new topic for your issue please? First reboot and see if that clears it.

5 hours ago, Newfie said:

@Yam Yam hope all is sorted now. Did you manage to get online ok with the replacement?

Hey Newfie, I got an email on the 18th from Lew @Netduma about sending one out to me but I'm not sure if the ball has started rolling yet.

I haven't had any comms from DHL from what I can see if that's who's delivering, I suppose the wheel is in motion but it's ok, the process could be different with returns.

I'm not desperate or anything, I still got my R1 so it's all good. I'll definitely post on here as soon as it's arrived👍

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi @Yam Yam just wanted to check in and see if you've received the new router yet and whether it is working for you now?

Hey Fraser, hope all is well.

I've not received it yet, I was thinking maybe sometime this week ? 

I don't know how long on average it takes in these situations, stock & Covid being a factor maybe ?  😬

Do you have an idea yourself ? If not I can only say I'll post asap once it's here buddy 👍

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Hey Fraser, hope all is well.

I've not received it yet, I was thinking maybe sometime this week ? 

I don't know how long on average it takes in these situations, stock & Covid being a factor maybe ?  😬

Do you have an idea yourself ? If not I can only say I'll post asap once it's here buddy 👍

Not a problem, I'll check up on this for you and let you know.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not a problem, I'll check up on this for you and let you know.

Cheers Fraser, I was thinking it wasn't your department or it's seperate to what you guys do, thanks again 😁

On 8/26/2020 at 4:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi @Yam Yam just wanted to check in and see if you've received the new router yet and whether it is working for you now?

Hello again Fraser, I had the email late last night from yourselves & DHL !!!! 😵

It arrived just after noon & I've hooked it all up & it works absolutely sweet 🤩👏   I just knew as soon as the Internet LED started flashing... 😉

I've swapped over the outer colour printed box so when you receive the R2 that needs diagnosing it will be brand new. Also inside is the note you asked me to send 👍👍👍

A massive THANKS to each & every one of you at Netduma for going the extra mile sorting all this out, you're well above the grade for customer satisfaction & communication 💪

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Hello again Fraser, I had the email late last night from yourselves & DHL !!!! 😵

It arrived just after noon & I've hooked it all up & it works absolutely sweet 🤩👏   I just knew as soon as the Internet LED started flashing... 😉

I've swapped over the outer colour printed box so when you receive the R2 that needs diagnosing it will be brand new. Also inside is the note you asked me to send 👍👍👍

A massive THANKS to each & every one of you at Netduma for going the extra mile sorting all this out, you're well above the grade for customer satisfaction & communication 💪

Fantastic to hear that! Great thank you very much, so they collected the router from you as well without issue? You're absolutely welcome, sorry that you had the initial issues and thank you for helping us out.