No Connection at all to R2

Yam Yam

10 minutes ago, Newfie said:

It should be quite quick when you access the UI. It might pay to reset the R2. A nice clean fresh start.

I've already tried it, I've also tried the new patch fw and eventually factory reset that just in case but .... nothing works.

1 minute ago, Yam Yam said:

I've already tried it, I've also tried the new patch fw and eventually factory reset that just in case but .... nothing works.

Let’s see what Fraser comes up with. We just want you to get the R2 up and running so you can enjoy using it.

4 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Please dont shout I know its frustrating. The IP for R2 is 192.168.77.1 you said the R2 GUI was sluggish, that means you have connected to 192.168.77.1 which is the IP of the router. So are you saying you cant get an IP address from your ISP? Have you put your settings into the R2, or tried a factory reset via the small pinhole in the back. Hold for 20 seconds let the router reboot then try again. If none of this works you may have a faulty R2 possibly as this really work by now. Maybe contact @Netduma Fraser

Sorry buddy but Ive tried all that.

I'm not shouting... shouting is expressed with exclamation marks.

I writ it clearly as I think sometimes my replies are not fully read, I've answered questions twice in some replies so I have to think to myself... do these guys know that I'm already clued up ?

I've read replies which repeat "Is this the problem". So, I thought it best that I write it in capitals as that's the whole main issue with the R2 I have.

I was right in the long run, I was thinking to myself at the beginning, these guys are gonna misunderstand me, it's the story of my life & low & behold, it happened.

Now I just feel like I'm put in the same bracket as the rest of the toxic people on this forum, stupid, entitled snowflakes who can't be arsed to look for answers, just want everything handed to them on a plate & demand when.

That's another reason I left the forum, the good days on here are long gone. It's amazing when I assume I'm right yet the fact of being wrong would eat away at me only to discover later on, I was right...

15 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Let’s see what Fraser comes up with. We just want you to get the R2 up and running so you can enjoy using it.

... and me buddy 😂

It doesn't help that my nephew keeps bostin my balls about when I'm gonna let him have my old faithful R1 🤣

9 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

... and me buddy 😂

It doesn't help that my nephew keeps bostin my balls about when I'm gonna let him have my old faithful R1 🤣

Haha I know how it feels. 
Killhippie has asked Fraser to have a look when he pops on to see what’s going on. Fingers crossed we can all work as a team and get you up and running.

Guest Killhippie
17 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

I'm not shouting... shouting is expressed with exclamation marks

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time but name calling and shouting wont help, and believe me I know how frustrated things can get when under pressure. Calm responses on forums always give better replies and I have been very guilty of shouting myself in the past and getting frustrated so lets forget that now and move on ("Short strings of words in capital letters appear bolder and "louder" than mixed case, and this is sometimes referred to as "screaming" or "shouting".)  It may be a hardware issue for all we know but please understand we are here to help no matter lets see what @Netduma Fraser suggests when he is back. In the mean time use the R1 and lets see where we go as it may even be a bug we just don't know on such a new router. :)

3 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time but name calling and shouting wont help, and believe me I know how frustrated things can get when under pressure. Calm responses on forums always give better replies and I have been very guilty of shouting myself in the past and getting frustrated so lets forget that now and move on ("Short strings of words in capital letters appear bolder and "louder" than mixed case, and this is sometimes referred to as "screaming" or "shouting".)  It may be a hardware issue for all we know but please understand we are here to help no matter lets see what @Netduma Fraser suggests when he is back. In the mean time use the R1 and lets see what where we go as it may even be a bug we just don't know on such a new router. :)

I understand buddy, that's what the World has become like nowadays.

I'm old skool so writing stuff in capitals to me isn't shouting unless using (!!!!)

Also, there's no way I'd shout at you as; 1. You seem to have more knowledge on the subject.

2. You were willing to reply & help in the first place.

3. I'm too old for shouting, maybe an exaggeration but I would rather discuss things than argue & fight, a good reason I've been with the same woman for 15yrs 🤣👍

• Netduma Staff

Hi @Yam Yam, could you send me a couple of pictures of the "Settings" page in your R1? I've seen so far screenshots of the R2, but since your R1 seems to be working, we need to confirm which settings are you using to research what is going on.

... saying that, I was instructed by Ian or Fraser yrs ago to use emojis more to express what I'm saying to prevent this happening as we can't usually tell how someone is acting as we write, not speak 👍😎

2 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Hi @Yam Yam, could you send me a couple of pictures of the "Settings" page in your R1? I've seen so far screenshots of the R2, but since your R1 seems to be working, we need to confirm which settings are you using to research what is going on.

Ok, no problem.

It'll take me a few mins to set it back up 👍

20 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Here you go lads...

As you can see, I have a WAN IP straight away. Also the connection icon on my laptop has now changed to a screen ? kind of icon to represent a wired connection whereas when the R2 is setup the icon displays a globe shape meaning it has no IP at all even tho it has one to be able to connect to the UI.

Thanks again 👍

I hope its not taking up too much of your time when you could be doing other tasks 😬

20200813_104708.jpg

20200813_104648.jpg

20200813_104622.jpg

20200813_104559.jpg

20200813_104525.jpg

• Netduma Staff

@Yam Yam thank you very much for those screenshots, that is helping us to narrow down the issue.

I saw that you're using the 3.0 beta for the R1. Just to be clear, if it works with 3.0 on the R1, it should work with exactly the same settings on the R2.

Could you copy me the whole system log from System Information on the R2 when you try to connect to your modem? Then, could you try to replicate exactly the same settings you have on the R1, and copy the log again? (Please, if possible, copy them to two different files)

6 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

@Yam Yam thank you very much for those screenshots, that is helping us to narrow down the issue.

I saw that you're using the 3.0 beta for the R1. Just to be clear, if it works with 3.0 on the R1, it should work with exactly the same settings on the R2.

Could you copy me the whole system log from System Information on the R2 when you try to connect to your modem? Then, could you try to replicate exactly the same settings you have on the R1, and copy the log again? (Please, if possible, copy them to two different files)

No problem Adrian, will send named txt files of both 👍

Here you go buddy...

Take into account that it takes alot longer to connect to the UI when using the R2 as it is trying to identify my network connection on the laptop.

There are two R1 txt files as I tried to grap the log data asap 👍

R1userLog.txt R2userLog.txt R1userLog2.txt

... sorry Adrian, I dragged over the whole log & copy/pasted it to Notepad, I just discovered theres an option to download it... 🙄 Stupid I know but I've never had to copy logs as I've never had problems before.

If those files are not good enough, I'll resend using Download File

7 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Is the R2 log from before or after applying the same settings you had in your R2? It is just after turning the R2 on, or have you save something in local settings?

All the logs are from when I first turn them on

Maybe the R2 looks a bit different as I had to open the laptop network connection page & diagnose as I couldn't connect to the R2 UI, is that what you mean ?

Edited by Yam Yam
Extra Info

• Netduma Staff

Okay, could you go to the R2 settings and replicate exactly the same settings shown on your R1 captures? If you are not needing the Vendor ID and Client ID fields on the R1, you shouldn't need them on the R2. After that, click on save Settings and go back to System information and download the log again. I need to compare the before and after.

Also, many thanks for the previous logs, they show very valuable information about how the Router is trying to connect with the Sky Hub.

@Yam Yam

58 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Okay, could you go to the R2 settings and replicate exactly the same settings shown on your R1 captures? If you are not needing the Vendor ID and Client ID fields on the R1, you shouldn't need them on the R2. After that, click on save Settings and go back to System information and download the log again. I need to compare the before and after.

Also, many thanks for the previous logs, they show very valuable information about how the Router is trying to connect with the Sky Hub.

@Yam Yam

Sorry for the long delay Adrian, I had major problems connecting back to the UI on the R2 😭

Here's the new log file after replicating R1 settings...

R2userLogNEW.txt

• Netduma Staff
6 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Sorry for the long delay Adrian, I had major problems connecting back to the UI on the R2 😭

Here's the new log file after replicating R1 settings...

R2userLogNEW.txt 70.13 kB · 2 downloads

Its fine, thank you very much for getting all of that. I'm going to analyze it and get back to you asap.

1 minute ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Its fine, thank you very much for getting all of that. I'm going to analyze it and get back to you asap.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the in-depth attention. The time consumption is amazing when it comes to stuff like this, blood, sweat & tears 😥👍

• Netduma Staff
4 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the in-depth attention. The time consumption is amazing when it comes to stuff like this, blood, sweat & tears 😥👍

Oh, of course, keeping our customers happy is a top priority for us! Also, on a personal level, many of us have had to deal with tech support in the past, so we try to make this process as good as possible.

Unfortunately, with things like this connection issue with this specific Sky model, even if we test our units as much as possible sometimes we find out problems. Apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

Guest Killhippie

Sadly I think the ER115 is a bit locked down. The bootloader is for sure so you cant bypass code signing I believe. Sky also push out firmware updates to these sky boxes remotely.

• Netduma Staff

As an update, on this latest log we have found something that could explain the issue you're experiencing it. We'll have to research more internally, but we'll try to get back to you either by the end of the day or tomorrow.

This is one of our top priorities, and we'll try to deliver a fix for it as fast as possible.

• Netduma Staff

@Yam Yam, sorry about sending too many messages in a moment, but we are making progress.

If possible, we need a new log from your R1. The one you sent was grabbed a bit too late, and we need to see a message from before to compare with the R2. Could you try to start your unit and, as fast as possible, download the log?

Apologies again for the inconvenience!