No Connection at all to R2

Yam Yam

1 hour ago, Netduma Adrian said:

@Yam Yam, sorry about sending too many messages in a moment, but we are making progress.

If possible, we need a new log from your R1. The one you sent was grabbed a bit too late, and we need to see a message from before to compare with the R2. Could you try to start your unit and, as fast as possible, download the log?

Apologies again for the inconvenience!

Sorry Adrian, I've only just got back in, I'll do that for you now & don't worry about the messages, its expected 👍

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

Sadly I think the ER115 is a bit locked down. The bootloader is for sure so you cant bypass code signing I believe. Sky also push out firmware updates to these sky boxes remotely.

I see, I know a little about that, aka bootstrap. If push comes to shove mate, I'm gonna have to have a word with them... in a nice way of course 😁

I don't know why they said I need to change modem/router tbh, I'm wondering if they checked my line or something & realised I'm not getting full speed but this would obviously be because of me adjusting the QoS, if only they asked questions to understand a little more 🤦‍♂️

• Administrators

Hi @Yam Yam, sorry about this issue you're having.

Firstly, looking at your R2 log file I noticed the following:

udhcpc: no lease, failing

This means it is not getting a response from DHCP server upstream. Can you try the following suggestions please:

• Please make sure you've connected the WAN port of the R2 to the sky box. That is the blue port on your R2 to the skybox. And make sure it is firmly connected to the R2 port. Then make sure your WAN settings are the same as the R1 and reboot. Does that help?
  • If that doesn't help can you try a different Ethernet cable for the WAN port, does that help? Even if it is the same as the R1, please just try a different one. I've seen weird issues like this in the past.
  • Finally, try disable IPv6 on LAN & WAN on the R2 then reboot and see if that helps you connect.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Iain said:

Hi @Yam Yam, sorry about this issue you're having.

Firstly, looking at your R2 log file I noticed the following:

This means it is not getting a response from DHCP server upstream. Can you try the following suggestions please:

• Please make sure you've connected the WAN port of the R2 to the sky box. That is the blue port on your R2 to the skybox. And make sure it is firmly connected to the R2 port. Then make sure your WAN settings are the same as the R1 and reboot. Does that help?
  • If that doesn't help can you try a different Ethernet cable for the WAN port, does that help? Even if it is the same as the R1, please just try a different one. I've seen weird issues like this in the past.
  • Finally, try disable IPv6 on LAN & WAN on the R2 then reboot and see if that helps you connect.

That makes sense actually as it won't give me any IP's for any device leading to massive delays on my network card on the laptop, even connecting a device by ethernet just to gain entry to the R2 UI 👍

Ok, I'll start that list & get back to you asap, thank you.

• Netduma Staff
16 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

That makes sense actually as it won't give me any IP's for any device leading to massive delays on my network card on the laptop, even connecting a device by ethernet just to gain entry to the R2 UI 👍

Ok, I'll start that list & get back to you asap, thank you.

Hi @Yam Yam, its me again 😂

If after trying everything that Iain suggested you keep having problems, could you enable the "Remote Access to Tech Support" option on your R1, and DM me your public ip? (you can check this by googling "What is my public ip", it should tell you).

I'll try to access your unit remotely to add extra log information.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi @Yam Yam has the issue been solved at all? Otherwise would you be able to enable Remote access for us?

I'm afraid the problem still occurs Fraser.

It took hours completing that small check list from Adrian yesterday due to obtaining an IP.

It didn't solve the problem. I think its the R2 myself. If I plug in the R1 with just a laptop by ehternet to port 1 I can access the UI straight away but if I do the same with the R2 it doesn't give me an IP, if I try to repair it says 'Ethernet cannot obtain IP address" with an 'x' in a red circle.

Regardless of that, we can still go ahead with the Remote Access.

I would've been here earlier, I don't wanna mention it but it's my Birthday 😂

Ok... so I'll set the R2 back up, obviously you'll need Remote access via Windows? I'll enable that for you.

If so bear in mind, it loses connection periodically & connects again. This repeats when you try to save settings on the R2, that's why it takes so long completing tasks 👍

Ok so I just read you only need Remote access via the R2....

I'll enable that 👍

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

I'm afraid the problem still occurs Fraser.

It took hours completing that small check list from Adrian yesterday due to obtaining an IP.

It didn't solve the problem. I think its the R2 myself. If I plug in the R1 with just a laptop by ehternet to port 1 I can access the UI straight away but if I do the same with the R2 it doesn't give me an IP, if I try to repair it says 'Ethernet cannot obtain IP address" with an 'x' in a red circle.

Regardless of that, we can still go ahead with the Remote Access.

I would've been here earlier, I don't wanna mention it but it's my Birthday 😂

Ok... so I'll set the R2 back up, obviously you'll need Remote access via Windows? I'll enable that for you.

If so bear in mind, it loses connection periodically & connects again. This repeats when you try to save settings on the R2, that's why it takes so long completing tasks 👍

In that case a very happy birthday to you!! No worries about the R2 for the moment, just set the R1 up and enable remote access and then we can connect and you can go enjoy your birthday activities!

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that case a very happy birthday to you!! No worries about the R2 for the moment, just set the R1 up and enable remote access and then we can connect and you can go enjoy your birthday activities!

I was just thinking Fraser, I don't think you'll be able to Remote access the R2 as it never gets a WAN IP...

Ok buddy, I'll enable access now on the R1...

7 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Okay, I got what I needed. I'll get back to you with what we find. Many thanks and enjoy your birthday!

To be honest mate, I try to refrain from celebrating them after 40 😂😂😂

• Netduma Staff
1 minute ago, Yam Yam said:

To be honest mate, I try to refrain from celebrating them after 40 😂😂😂

Oh well, fair enough 😂😂😂

Don't worry, we got what we needed. We'll let you know if we need to access again. One question, which ip do you use to access your Sky modem web interface? Like, what do you type in your web browser?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Oh well, fair enough 😂😂😂

Don't worry, we got what we needed. We'll let you know if we need to access again. One question, which ip do you use to access your Sky modem web interface? Like, what do you type in your web browser?

The usual address, 192.168.88.1 

• Administrators

Hi @Yam Yam, thank-you you have the patience of a saint.

I've got a few more suggestions for you and if they don't work we'll have to get you a replacement and debug your unit. Could you try the following in order and if any work just report back please:

• Can you connect your r1 to the sky modem then put your r2 behind your r1. Then finally connect your client devices to the r2. Do you get Internet through the r2 now? 
  • Could you make sure r2 is connected to sky box via WAN port (blue port). After doing that go to WAN settings and click the network tab. Select the static radio then and give yourself the IP 192.168.0.77, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.0.1. Select DNS override and enter 8.8.8.8 for primary DNS and 1.2.3.4 for secondary DNS. Then save settings do you have Internet now? 

@Netduma Fraser could you take a screenshot of the setup for bullet point 2 to help Yam Yam please.