Jump to content
Yam Yam

No Connection at all to R2

Recommended Posts

Hello Duma Army, hope all is well.

Sorry lads but for the last 3 hours now I can't establish any connection whatsoever to my R2.

I'm attempting this on my laptop, wired.

I reset Sky modem/router.

I can connect to the R2 page & I clicked accept on the user agreement, then it displays 2 slider options for IPV6 & I left these enabled. I don't have a clue what the DHCP IDENTIFIERS are so I left them blank so you have no choice but to skip the section.

It then tries to establish a connection but fails over & over.

I eventually skipped that section & looked through Network Settings, enabled IPV4 only, IPV6 only, enabled both, rebooted everything again to try & connect through Wifi instead of Wired... still nothing. Also tried releasing & renewing IP in DOS.

I can't mess with it no more today as I have a League Race at 9pm so I'm just gonna box it back up & use my R1 again.

Obviously it's done my head in but I'm not gonna vent my frustration at you lot like others. It's something stupid, I know. More than likely I'm thinking ISP modem/router so I'll have another crack at it tomorrow...

 

...just typical 😂 I signed in to write this post & I got the notification of being accepted for DumaOS 3.0 on the R1 🤣🤣🤣

Any idea's I'll reply tomorrow, thanks in advance 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. For Sky you need to enable both DHCP Identifiers in WAN Settings and set it up like this:

Client Identifier ID
52616e646f6d7573657240736b7964736c7c70617373776f7264

Vendor Class ID
6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0

Once you've entered those and applied let us know if you get a connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fraser am with sky and did not have to  enable the DHCP identifiers at all and had no problems with connecting the R2, but i am now wondering should i have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Burger100 said:

Fraser am with sky and did not have to  enable the DHCP identifiers at all and had no problems with connecting the R2, but i am now wondering should i have.

If you have a connection between the R2 and hub and internet on your devices then no need for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, Burger100 said:

Fraser am with sky and did not have to  enable the DHCP identifiers at all and had no problems with connecting the R2, but i am now wondering should i have.

My R2 won't connect either way 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. For Sky you need to enable both DHCP Identifiers in WAN Settings and set it up like this:

Client Identifier ID
52616e646f6d7573657240736b7964736c7c70617373776f7264

Vendor Class ID
6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0

Once you've entered those and applied let us know if you get a connection.

Hello again Fraser,

I tried the suggested settings but no joy unfortunately.

I've reset everything but it just seems like it won't connect with the Sky Modem/Router

It's the SKY ER115  They sent this out about 3-4 weeks ago as apparently there was a problem with the old ER110 but I didn't notice anything.

I've took some pics, seeing if you maybe able to spot anything out of the ordinary.

 

20200812_081843.jpg

20200812_081407.jpg

20200812_075926.jpg

20200812_075906.jpg

20200812_090440.jpg

20200812_090455.jpg

20200812_090547.jpg

20200812_091301.jpg

20200812_091407.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yam Yam said:

Hello again Fraser,

I tried the suggested settings but no joy unfortunately.

I've reset everything but it just seems like it won't connect with the Sky Modem/Router

It's the SKY ER115  They sent this out about 3-4 weeks ago as apparently there was a problem with the old ER110 but I didn't notice anything.

I've took some pics, seeing if you maybe able to spot anything out of the ordinary.

Thank you for all the information. How do you have the Sky ER setup currently? If it is in modem mode then you need the identifiers but if not then you don't need them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sky router doesn’t have a modem only mode you have to connect by static IP address.

i use a separate modem the bt open reach one to connect to the internet and not use the sky router at all. The dhcp stuff can’t be used with the sky router 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, trmin343 said:

The sky router doesn’t have a modem only mode you have to connect by static IP address.

i use a separate modem the bt open reach one to connect to the internet and not use the sky router at all. The dhcp stuff can’t be used with the sky router 

I'm not trying to get it in Modem Mode, I already know the feature doesn't exist.

My setup is:

ER115> Netduma R2

I disable the Sky Wi-Fi  & use Duma

I'm trying all settings to try & establish a connection to the R2 but nothing works, with or without the ID's

My R1 connects straight away in the same scenario.

It seems like the Sky modem/router won't complete the handshake to enable the R2 to connect to it

Even if the Internet led is lit solid on the R2, which has only happened twice now,  there is still no connection.                         I can barely connect to the ui & if it does, it's pretty slow. It shows some devices as connected with ip address but it's false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yam Yam said:

Hello again Fraser,

I tried the suggested settings but no joy unfortunately.

I've reset everything but it just seems like it won't connect with the Sky Modem/Router

It's the SKY ER115  They sent this out about 3-4 weeks ago as apparently there was a problem with the old ER110 but I didn't notice anything.

I've took some pics, seeing if you maybe able to spot anything out of the ordinary.

 

20200812_081843.jpg

20200812_081407.jpg

20200812_075926.jpg

20200812_075906.jpg

20200812_090440.jpg

20200812_090455.jpg

20200812_090547.jpg

20200812_091301.jpg

20200812_091407.jpg

Am I right in saying that's a Sky Q Hub? I thought they were part of  mesh network? As I remember the Sky Q hub, which comes with Sky Q broadband and TV bundles, is specifically designed to work with the Sky Q TV service and Sky Q Mini boxes to extend the range of your wireless network. Not sure this can work with an R2 as this is for sky Q TV only I thoiught. Have you got a main sky home router? Disabling wir;ess will stop the box communication with the sky Q TV box and any other mesh networking sky boxes in the homes I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for all the information. How do you have the Sky ER setup currently? If it is in modem mode then you need the identifiers but if not then you don't need them. 

Nothing works either way buddy  🤷‍♂️

I've also tried enabling/disabling IPV6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Nothing works either way buddy  🤷‍♂️

I've also tried enabling/disabling IPV6 

This is because this is a Sky Q TV mesh hub not a main router as far as I'm aware. Did you have your R1 connected to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Am I right in saying that's a Sky Q Hub? I thought they were part of  mesh network? As I remember the Sky Q hub, which comes with Sky Q broadband and TV bundles, is specifically designed to work with the Sky Q TV service and Sky Q Mini boxes to extend the range of your wireless network. Not sure this can work with an R2.

They do look the same mate but the ER115 is small, the Sky Q box is in the next cubical across 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Trust me, it's the exact same way I connect to the R1.

The Sky Q Hub, which comes with Sky Q broadband and TV bundles, is specifically designed to work with the Sky Q TV service and has the unique selling point of linking with the Sky Q set top box and Sky Q Mini boxes to extend the range of your wireless network. That's all sky say. Its a mesh router I think. It also talks to other sky gear over 5Hhz for backhaul. Can you explain your set up and all sky devices. :) Basically from what I understand is that this box talks to other sky boxes and provides your connection over Wi-Fi, hence only having two ports on the back as its a satelight and you having no connection now. Can you show the lights ion the front of the box in its present state please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

The Sky Q Hub, which comes with Sky Q broadband and TV bundles, is specifically designed to work with the Sky Q TV service and has the unique selling point of linking with the Sky Q set top box and Sky Q Mini boxes to extend the range of your wireless network. Thats all sky say. Its a mesh router I think.

The Sky Q Set Top Box has double coaxial cables running to the back.

The pic I unloaded shows the Sky ER115 Modem/Router. It has it's own ui which is exactly the same as the ER110. I know they look exactly the same but the set top box (Q) is double the size, a bit like how Ford do the Fiesta & the Focus. They look identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

The Sky Q Set Top Box has double coaxial cables running to the back.

The pic I unloaded shows the Sky ER115 Modem/Router. It has it's own ui which is exactly the same as the ER110. I know they look exactly the same but the set top box (Q) is double the size, a bit like how Ford do the Fiesta & the Focus. They look identical.

I have a sky Q box (not with sky BB though) just trying to understand your network. Did you just unplug the R1 and plug the R2 in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I have a sky Q box (not with sky BB though) just trying to understand your network. Did you just unplug the R1 and plug the R2 in?

No, after disconnecting the R1 I reset the Sky Modem/Router back to factory.

When booting up Modem I also booted up the R2 together, no connection.

I then rebooted the Modem & waited for it to establish fully, then booted up the R2 but it makes no difference I'm afraid.

In the Sky Modem/Router ui (192.168.0.1), when I click on Attached Devices, nothing is listed & you either get 1 Green LED or 1 Orange & 1 Green LED either side of the ethernet plug at the back.

If I connect my laptop to the Sky modem, I get connection & the LED's both show green ether side of the ethernet plug... this is why I think its a problem with the handshake during binding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, if you just plug the R1 direct into this router do you get a connection through it? If you do look at the WAN Settings of the R1, are there any settings there that have been changed? If there haven't what I would actually suggest is taking the R1 MAC address and then go to the R2 WAN Settings and use MAC Cloning to put that MAC address in and maybe fool the router into thinking it's the R1 and then it will establish a connection.

If you do decide to do that then you'll need to upgrade to this firmware first:

Here's the firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yam Yam said:

No, after disconnecting the R1 I reset the Sky Modem/Router back to factory.

When booting up Modem I also booted up the R2 together, no connection.

I then rebooted the Modem & waited for it to establish fully, then booted up the R2 but it makes no difference I'm afraid.

In the Sky Modem/Router ui (192.168.0.1), when I click on Attached Devices, nothing is listed & you either get 1 Green LED or 1 Orange & 1 Green LED either side of the ethernet plug at the back.

If I connect my laptop to the Sky modem, I get connection & the LED's both show green ether side of the ethernet plug... this is why I think its a problem with the handshake during binding.

Try plugging the R1 back in and see if it runs first to make sure its not a modem issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, if you just plug the R1 direct into this router do you get a connection through it? If you do look at the WAN Settings of the R1, are there any settings there that have been changed? If there haven't what I would actually suggest is taking the R1 MAC address and then go to the R2 WAN Settings and use MAC Cloning to put that MAC address in and maybe fool the router into thinking it's the R1 and then it will establish a connection.

If you do decide to do that then you'll need to upgrade to this firmware first:

Here's the firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Fraser does the R2 support option 61 Mer? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

No, after disconnecting the R1 I reset the Sky Modem/Router back to factory.

When booting up Modem I also booted up the R2 together, no connection.

I then rebooted the Modem & waited for it to establish fully, then booted up the R2 but it makes no difference I'm afraid.

In the Sky Modem/Router ui (192.168.0.1), when I click on Attached Devices, nothing is listed & you either get 1 Green LED or 1 Orange & 1 Green LED either side of the ethernet plug at the back.

If I connect my laptop to the Sky modem, I get connection & the LED's both show green ether side of the ethernet plug... this is why I think its a problem with the handshake during binding.

Hi @Yam Yam, I'm Adrian from the Dev Team. We are currently looking at your issue. We need to understand more about it in order to know if there is an issue with the Sky Hub or not. You said there is no option to use the Sky Hub in Modem mode. What options do you have? Is it possible for you to set a static ip to connect with?

Trying the MAC Address cloning that suggested Fraser is a good idea too. Please let us know if that works, we are closely following this thread to look for answers to your problem.

5 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Fraser does the R2 support option 61 Mer? :)

If you mean DHCP option 61, yes the R2 supports it. It is in fact the Client Identifier ID field that people can set. We tested that very recently (if you look at one of my recent posts, I explain that in more detail there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

No, after disconnecting the R1 I reset the Sky Modem/Router back to factory.

When booting up Modem I also booted up the R2 together, no connection.

I then rebooted the Modem & waited for it to establish fully, then booted up the R2 but it makes no difference I'm afraid.

In the Sky Modem/Router ui (192.168.0.1), when I click on Attached Devices, nothing is listed & you either get 1 Green LED or 1 Orange & 1 Green LED either side of the ethernet plug at the back.

If I connect my laptop to the Sky modem, I get connection & the LED's both show green ether side of the ethernet plug... this is why I think its a problem with the handshake during binding.

Hi @Yam Yam, we are looking more into the issue. One thing to consider, have you tried pressing the reset mode on your Sky Hub when the light becomes orange? Here is what I found regarding it on Sky's webpage: https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/lights-on-your-sky-hub-explained/the-power-light-is-flashing-amber-q-hub

I believe there might be some problem on how Sky is handling the handshake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, if you just plug the R1 direct into this router do you get a connection through it? If you do look at the WAN Settings of the R1, are there any settings there that have been changed? If there haven't what I would actually suggest is taking the R1 MAC address and then go to the R2 WAN Settings and use MAC Cloning to put that MAC address in and maybe fool the router into thinking it's the R1 and then it will establish a connection.

If you do decide to do that then you'll need to upgrade to this firmware first:

Here's the firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Yes mate, I have a connection to the R1 straight away which I'm replying from.

Ok, I'll note the settings & also copy the R1 Mac to the R2 👍

No problem, I'll upgrade the R2 😎

 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Hi @Yam Yam, I'm Adrian from the Dev Team. We are currently looking at your issue. We need to understand more about it in order to know if there is an issue with the Sky Hub or not. You said there is no option to use the Sky Hub in Modem mode. What options do you have? Is it possible for you to set a static ip to connect with?

Trying the MAC Address cloning that suggested Fraser is a good idea too. Please let us know if that works, we are closely following this thread to look for answers to your problem.

If you mean DHCP option 61, yes the R2 supports it. It is in fact the Client Identifier ID field that people can set. We tested that very recently (if you look at one of my recent posts, I explain that in more detail there)

The only option I have is using the Sky Modem in router (edit) mode.

I connect the Sky to the R2 with supplied cable & disable Sky Wi-Fi.

That's it, it's set up the same as the R1.

Ok then, gonna try the Mac clone first after upgrading R2 👍

Edited by Yam Yam
Adjust wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...