Jump to content
TODDzillaInLA

Xbox One X & Party Chat

Recommended Posts

i dont know what happen but i cant talk in party chat any more. no one can hear me and i cant hear anyone but im able to talk and hear in game chat for call of duty. i deleted my device from devices. i reseted my r1 and my spectrom router. i also hard reset my xbox one a billion times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i dont know what happen but i cant talk in party chat any more. no one can hear me and i cant hear anyone but im able to talk and hear in game chat for call of duty. i deleted my device from devices. i reseted my r1 and my spectrom router. i also hard reset my xbox one a billion times

First off it's worth proving whether the R1 / network is causing this or not.

- Have you tried another headset?
- Have you tried your headset on another console / chat service like Discord?
- Sometimes the simplest things happen to be the problem - is the microphone broken or on mute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

First off it's worth proving whether the R1 / network is causing this or not.

- Have you tried another headset?
- Have you tried your headset on another console / chat service like Discord?
- Sometimes the simplest things happen to be the problem - is the microphone broken or on mute?

yes i have brand new astro a50 and i have rig 800's same on both

 

no i didnt try them on another service because when i first turn on my xbox and as soon as it turns on i get invited to a party chat i can hear the first 1 or 2 seconds of people talking then it goes silent

nope both head sets are less then a month old

 

everything was good up to saturday night. i moved my home pin from Los Angeles CA USA to ireland. after i did that mixer stopped working and party chat stopped working

 

i was able to add mixer servers so i can stream again and after adding about 10 of them that did the trick for mixer. i started doing the same thing for party chat. everytime i would start a party chat a new icon would pop up in my area i would allow it but it wouldn't work. i actually approved over 50 different ip addresses all belonging to MicroSoft

 

i got tired of doing that so i removed my device and deleted all the people or ips in my allowed list. but now the party chat still dont work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i got tired of doing that so i removed my device and deleted all the people or ips in my allowed list. but now the party chat still dont work

Wait, the party chat isn't working even once you've removed everything from Geo-Filter? That might indicate that we're looking in the wrong place for a solution.

For example, in the Settings > Setup > WAN Setup section, you could try disabling SIP ALG. For some reason, SIP ALG has been known to mess with voice chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's annoying. So just to clarify, you can't connect to an Xbox One X party chat even when you remove all devices from Geo-Filter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a new preview dashboard for xbox, i had the same problem and i solved downgrading the r1 to R1-v-1-03-6j

Maybe with the new preview 3.0 firmware works fine, we should have some test with the firmware.

I had another bug that after some time i cant acces o the router, is fixed too downgrading.

I hope it helps

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Talixme said:

Its a new preview dashboard for xbox, i had the same problem and i solved downgrading the r1 to R1-v-1-03-6j

Maybe with the new preview 3.0 firmware works fine, we should have some test with the firmware.

I had another bug that after some time i cant acces o the router, is fixed too downgrading.

I hope it helps

 

3.0 for the duma r1? 

18 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well that's annoying. So just to clarify, you can't connect to an Xbox One X party chat even when you remove all devices from Geo-Filter?

i can connect to the party other people can connect. no one can hear me and i cant hear anyone but they can hear each other. mike mic moves when i talk and i can talk and hear in game chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i tapped out and plugged my xbox back into my spectrum router and everything works fine. ill turn the netduma back on as soon as 3.0 or whatever the next update drops or when xbox uploads a new version of there software update for the insider program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 2:36 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

so i tapped out and plugged my xbox back into my spectrum router and everything works fine. ill turn the netduma back on as soon as 3.0 or whatever the next update drops or when xbox uploads a new version of there software update for the insider program

We would go and investigate this usually, but being Christmas it's not the best time. Feel free to just hold off for now until we release DumaOS v.3.0.

I've no idea why Xbox released an upgrade that's broken party chat for a bunch of people. If it ain't broke why fix it? Anywho, thank you for raising this issue - we'll investigate when we can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

happy new years everyone. just a updated, i just moved about 60 miles from my last location. switched from spectrum 400mb / 20mb to frontier fios 1gige / 1gige. when i set up my xbox i reconnected the r1 and put it back in rotation i tried it behind the frontier router and i also put it by itself and either way party chat still will not work when my xbox is connected to the r1. think maybe microsoft is trying to stop people from using routers like the netduma?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible, but unlikely. I wonder if it's got something to do with IPv6. I know that Microsoft are very into IPv6.

What is the IPv6 setting on your R1 currently? Is it enabled or disabled on WAN and LAN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IPv6 will not be required on LAN but may be needed on WAN.

If Geo-Filter isn't doing anything then i'm at a bit of a loss as to why party chat wouldn't be working as normal. Is UPnP enabled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know but on the last 2 updates, the first one it broke party chat wouldnt allow me to connect then on the 2nd update it allowed party chat connect but i cant hear anyone talk and no one can hear me. both with ipv6 on and off and only when using my r1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may know the reason for this.. It has to do with MS tunneling port. Or better known as there Teredo. MS has done a lot of updates lately. And if you don't have a clean connection to get a Teredo address party chat and other things will not work correctly. Teredo is the IP address MS gives you to make a secure connection. Its through there port 3544 UDP. If you don't get a clean nonfiltered connection through there tunneling port you wont get party chat because you didn't get a secure connection. This is all a build up with the use of IPv6. Disabling IPv6 wont get you away from this either like before. Regardless you will still go through there tunneling port. Having an Open Nat doesn't mean you have made a secure connection. There seems to be some confusion on this. 

There are a couple of things that will block Teredo. One is Firewall and the other is GeoFilter.. You can easily test this to see if the GeoFilter is doing this. Which likely is the cause. Load the game you normally play that gives you this issue. Then when your in the matchmaking lobby or whatever lobby of the game you play. Have the GeoFilter page open. Then go to your Xbox Network settings and test your Nat. At that time if you watch your GeoFilter screen you will see an icon pop up that is the server that is being tested to give you a secured connection. Once that icon appears click allow. Sometimes this takes a bit to make a connection so be patient.. If this is not successful you will get a message stating that a Teredo address couldn't be made.

Having IPv6 enabled does seem to help get this Teredo address. But if one has IPv6 enabled you have to allow IPv6 ICMP enabled. If you don't have that enabled you may not get a Teredo or if you do the Teredo may not be in the proper location you live in. This also shouldn't be confused with a authenticating server. That is different. And this shouldn't be confused with XboxLive.. Teredo is all by itself. And needs to be made in order for things to work properly. 

Give this a try if you want. If it does not give you positive results then I would look into Firewall settings or look at port 3544.. I have the XR500 and not an R1 and my XR500 has zero options when it comes to Firewall and any good settings for tunneling.. Which is going to be very problematic moving forward..

Good luck and let me know if this works if you try it again..

Zippy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tested in a few weeks, But I also am having this same issue with my R1,  And Xbox 1 X,   Same thing to the T,     What is the newest firmware for the R1?   When i go to System Info  It says This,  Duma OS Version 1.3.29,    Is this the newest Firmware?   And if not how can i upgrade to the newer one,  If so,   Has anyone figured anything new out for this fix,   It was working perfectly for ever,  I play Division 2,   Been playing for the last year now on this firmware and Same everything,   I didn't know if it was Xbox did something or it was me clearing the cloud on my R1, Not knowing if something was changed from updating the cloud!?    If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do not have a update yet for the r1. Same version for the past year

there was a new update last night for the Xbox one preview program but it didn’t fix anything and it also made gameplay unplayable with the r1. Had to go back to my router that came with my frontier service 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zippy said:

I may know the reason for this.. It has to do with MS tunneling port. Or better known as there Teredo. MS has done a lot of updates lately. And if you don't have a clean connection to get a Teredo address party chat and other things will not work correctly. Teredo is the IP address MS gives you to make a secure connection. Its through there port 3544 UDP. If you don't get a clean nonfiltered connection through there tunneling port you wont get party chat because you didn't get a secure connection. This is all a build up with the use of IPv6. Disabling IPv6 wont get you away from this either like before. Regardless you will still go through there tunneling port. Having an Open Nat doesn't mean you have made a secure connection. There seems to be some confusion on this. 

There are a couple of things that will block Teredo. One is Firewall and the other is GeoFilter.. You can easily test this to see if the GeoFilter is doing this. Which likely is the cause. Load the game you normally play that gives you this issue. Then when your in the matchmaking lobby or whatever lobby of the game you play. Have the GeoFilter page open. Then go to your Xbox Network settings and test your Nat. At that time if you watch your GeoFilter screen you will see an icon pop up that is the server that is being tested to give you a secured connection. Once that icon appears click allow. Sometimes this takes a bit to make a connection so be patient.. If this is not successful you will get a message stating that a Teredo address couldn't be made.

Having IPv6 enabled does seem to help get this Teredo address. But if one has IPv6 enabled you have to allow IPv6 ICMP enabled. If you don't have that enabled you may not get a Teredo or if you do the Teredo may not be in the proper location you live in. This also shouldn't be confused with a authenticating server. That is different. And this shouldn't be confused with XboxLive.. Teredo is all by itself. And needs to be made in order for things to work properly. 

Give this a try if you want. If it does not give you positive results then I would look into Firewall settings or look at port 3544.. I have the XR500 and not an R1 and my XR500 has zero options when it comes to Firewall and any good settings for tunneling.. Which is going to be very problematic moving forward..

Good luck and let me know if this works if you try it again..

Zippy..

We have had no issues with Teredo in the past... Have Microsoft recently made changes to how they deal with IPv4 addresses? If so, we may need to investigate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Netduma Alex Something for me has definitely changed. And of course a couple nights ago there was another update. My issue is with where it assigns me a Teredo IP address. Which really seems to muck up the GeoFilter. And the fact that it also seems to be relaying me to another server outside of my Geo.. Very strange things going on. See if you notice anything strange going on.. I have a bad feeling about this! lol.

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Zippy said:

@Netduma Alex Something for me has definitely changed. And of course a couple nights ago there was another update. My issue is with where it assigns me a Teredo IP address. Which really seems to muck up the GeoFilter. And the fact that it also seems to be relaying me to another server outside of my Geo.. Very strange things going on. See if you notice anything strange going on.. I have a bad feeling about this! lol.

Zippy.

Do you see something being allowed outside your radius then? We're on the verge of a cloud update, hopefully tomorrow so it may be shortly resolved, let us know if it isn't if it goes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you see something being allowed outside your radius then? We're on the verge of a cloud update, hopefully tomorrow so it may be shortly resolved, let us know if it isn't if it goes out.

Do you think a cloud update would fix what im saying? For some reason the Teredo address keeps changing.. When I say changing it changes not only location but also the address changes as well at times. I will add a screenshot of what im saying..

1847128554_Screenshot(70).thumb.png.4b0dbdb13b6eaf67f4093eee89c2b4ae.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...