Xbox One X & Party Chat

TODDzillaInLA

On 2/6/2020 at 7:13 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Not long until we enter beta. After that, not sure. Depends how many bugs we find.

🤔...

Anywho MS dropped another update today for xbox. party chat for duma still not working. when you start or join a party you can hear about a half sencond of people talking and they can hear you then dead silence 

I am also in the Xboxinsiders program in the Alpha circle and I also do not have group chat. I was forced to disconnect my R1 and put it in my closet. I hope that the Netduma team is working on this problem, because Microsoft may soon update the software for all Xbox owners and there will be a problem.

I will add that on 3 other routers, group chat on Xbox works, which is a problem on the side of Duma OS.

1 hour ago, Sherman85 said:

I am also in the Xboxinsiders program in the Alpha circle and I also do not have group chat. I was forced to disconnect my R1 and put it in my closet. I hope that the Netduma team is working on this problem, because Microsoft may soon update the software for all Xbox owners and there will be a problem.

I will add that on 3 other routers, group chat on Xbox works, which is a problem on the side of Duma OS.

It’s crazy that regular game chat works but not party chat 

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've asked Alex to look into this again. Meanwhile is there anything that appears blocked on the Geo-Filter that you can allow that will make it work?

i go to the extent of pressing the reset pin on the backside of the router waiting about 5 min then connecting the ethernet cable to it turning on my xbox. then set up all the portforward rules and not even tough the geo filter and it does not work

Ok, what i cant seem to grasp is that NOONE that I play  Battlefield with has this issue lol... and the party issue only happens when i join a party that has a few certain people in it.  I'm over this lol! If this can be solved by just going back to a regular router then thats happening tomorrow!  this is just insane to me!!

3 hours ago, tgivs said:

LMAO thanks for any type of SUPPORT! TRASHING THIS ROUTER!!! THANKS!!! ITS COMPLETE SHIT!!!!  YOU GUYS CANT EVEN FIGURE THIS OUT LMAO!!! I'M GONNA SET IT ON FIRE

Harsh 

13 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Yeah as @TODDzillaInLA says, you're in two beta programs at once. Incompatibilities are to be expected when it comes to testing software.

We're aware of the Xbox One party chat issue, so far it only occurs for those using Xbox Insiders.

PS4 users have same issue with duma too not just Xbox 

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

PS4 users have same issue with duma too not just Xbox 

Hey TODDzillainLA, Im curious when party chat breaks for you does your Nat still say Open? There is something you can try if you want. I have the XR500 and not an R1 but I would think the port forwarding would be the same. Heres what I was told to do by MS. I don't know if your currently using UpNp or port forwarding. In my case im using port triggering but im also on the XR500 and not the R1. But if you have port forwarding I would think you should be able to do the same thing. Whatever port your xbox is using is the port that needs to be used. But it needs to be forwarded to 3544 UDP in both directions/internal/external.. Heres what it should look like. In my example im using 3074 UDP as my Xbox port. There would need to be two rules created in port forwarding..

3074 UDP - 3544 UDP

3544 UDP - 3074 UDP

You can test this by having the GeoFilter page open and on Spectating mode. In your Xbox test your Nat. While its testing you should see and icon on the Geo Filter pop up! Make sure that is in the allowed section of your servers. It usually only pops up briefly then disappears. You can also disable Auto ping if you want to be able to manually ping it..

This is just something you can try in the meantime.. If you don't want to then I totally understand. Im only here to give suggestions/help or possible ideas.. From what you have explained it sure does sound like a server is being blocked. And with all the updates the R1s UpNp may not be able to refresh fast enough to pick it up..

If you do try it post back and let others know.. Again this is a 50/50 chance..

Good luck!

Zippy.

30 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hey TODDzillainLA, Im curious when party chat breaks for you does your Nat still say Open?

It does not break it just does not work from the start. nat type is open the whole time

31 minutes ago, Zippy said:

There is something you can try if you want. I have the XR500 and not an R1 but I would think the port forwarding would be the same. Heres what I was told to do by MS. I don't know if your currently using UpNp or port forwarding. In my case im using port triggering but im also on the XR500 and not the R1. But if you have port forwarding I would think you should be able to do the same thing. Whatever port your xbox is using is the port that needs to be used. But it needs to be forwarded to 3544 UDP in both directions/internal/external.. Heres what it should look like. In my example im using 3074 UDP as my Xbox port. There would need to be two rules created in port forwarding..

3074 UDP - 3544 UDP

3544 UDP - 3074 UDP

You can test this by having the GeoFilter page open and on Spectating mode. In your Xbox test your Nat. While its testing you should see and icon on the Geo Filter pop up! Make sure that is in the allowed section of your servers. It usually only pops up briefly then disappears. You can also disable Auto ping if you want to be able to manually ping it..

i tried this it did not work. i also reset the router by holding down the pin on the backside. i left the device out of the geo filter i did all the port forwarding and triggering as you described it did not help. i also reset re added the device to geo filter with your port forwarding and trigger recommendations and nothing showed up in the geo filter. i also open the geo filter circle as large as it can so the whole word would be inside the filter and it did not allow part chat to work

34 minutes ago, Zippy said:

This is just something you can try in the meantime.. If you don't want to then I totally understand. Im only here to give suggestions/help or possible ideas.. From what you have explained it sure does sound like a server is being blocked. And with all the updates the R1s UpNp may not be able to refresh fast enough to pick it up..

If you do try it post back and let others know.. Again this is a 50/50 chance..

Good luck!

Zippy.

im realign to try anything if it will help me and the community. feels like MS is targeting Net Duma. my azus router and my router from frontier for fios both do not have this issue and if i connect my r1 to another xbox that does not have the insider updates it works fine. also the lobbies with the a xbox in the insider program my duma router are basically unplayable. but my other xbox not on the insider program i run circles around people.

sad part is my xbox one x is collecting dust and im using my Xbox elite from 4 or 5 yeas ago 

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

It does not break it just does not work from the start. nat type is open the whole time

i tried this it did not work. i also reset the router by holding down the pin on the backside. i left the device out of the geo filter i did all the port forwarding and triggering as you described it did not help. i also reset re added the device to geo filter with your port forwarding and trigger recommendations and nothing showed up in the geo filter. i also open the geo filter circle as large as it can so the whole word would be inside the filter and it did not allow part chat to work

im realign to try anything if it will help me and the community. feels like MS is targeting Net Duma. my azus router and my router from frontier for fios both do not have this issue and if i connect my r1 to another xbox that does not have the insider updates it works fine. also the lobbies with the a xbox in the insider program my duma router are basically unplayable. but my other xbox not on the insider program i run circles around people.

sad part is my xbox one x is collecting dust and im using my Xbox elite from 4 or 5 yeas ago 

I was hoping this would have worked. Honestly im totally stumped on this one! Its crazy a different router works fine and the Netduma doesn't..  If I think of anything else I will post it. 

Its never good having a Xbox One X collecting dust!

Zippy.

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

I was hoping this would have worked. Honestly im totally stumped on this one! Its crazy a different router works fine and the Netduma doesn't..  If I think of anything else I will post it. 

Its never good having a Xbox One X collecting dust!

Zippy.

Has to be the duma cloud settings 

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Has to be the duma cloud settings 

I can't think why that would be. With Geo-Filter, sure, but in general usage of the router it certainly shouldn't be blocking anything that another router wouldn't. Our cloud settings don't affect anything if the Geo-Filter isn't being used.

13 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I can't think why that would be. With Geo-Filter, sure, but in general usage of the router it certainly shouldn't be blocking anything that another router wouldn't. Our cloud settings don't affect anything if the Geo-Filter isn't being used.

What I thought why I reset the router but that stil does not help 

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

What I thought why I reset the router but that stil does not help 

I have to agree with Alex, This one has me really stumped.. But I have seen a few others post about this. So something is up. Just what is it.. When I had this issue with my XR500 all I did was what I mentioned above. I shut off upnp and used port triggering, ported my xbox port to 3544.. Just what I said above. And my router logs shows im making a connection like I should. It states Remote access from MS from port 3544.. Once I see that I know everything is working.. Which my connection is being made through there Teredo tunnel.. And my Geo Filter shows this when I test my Nat. And that's exactly what should be happening..   So what port does your xbox say its using when you go into your advanced network settings of your xbox? You could also try an alternate port and see if that clears it up..

Zippy.

5 hours ago, Sherman85 said:

A new dashboard has just been released for all Xbox One users. Is anyone able to check if voice chat works on Duma OS?

I tried it doesn’t. It’s done on the MS side for duma users they even made it harder to stream. Up to duma now to keep up with change 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I tried it doesn’t. It’s done on the MS side for duma users they even made it harder to stream. Up to duma now to keep up with change 

What do you mean they've made it harder to stream?

• Administrators
17 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Yeah the iOS are blocked so I GS e to keep clicking on the icon and keep clicking approve every time I steam

http://mixer.com/toddzillainla

Could you submit those IDs to us in the form please so we can add them to the next cloud update.