Xbox One X & Party Chat

TODDzillaInLA

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does nothing appear on the Geo-Filter then when you are trying to stream? 

soon as i see the party chat is not working i unplug it and go back to my Asus RT-AX88U

i want to buy a new version of the netgear routers with the duma os but im scared ill be in the same situation

• Administrators

Ahh I see, understood. I have said to the team that it would be worthwhile testing the preview programs, if only to get a head start on the updates as they drop publicly and they agreed it should be done. With heavy testing being done for 3.0 at the moment there isn't enough resources to do that right now. As it is a cloud issue you would be in the same situation yes, the only thing that would resolve it immediately is not using the Geo-Filter or exiting the preview program.

but like i said not touching the geo filter after a fresh reset it still does not work.

wants the point of coming out with a newer os if easy things like party chat and mixer cant work? eventually they are going to push a update to everyone that will knock out party chat if you have a duma

• Administrators

It's a cloud update so it would not take nearly as long as a firmware fix to deploy, as it's only occurring on beta versions of the xbox which most people don't use then it isn't as much as a priority when it works for the current xbox versions.

Understandable but how soon to MS pushes a update to everyone then anyone with a duma router wont have party chat and will have a harder time streaming. say this happens tomorrow you will have a lot of upset customers

If it's blocking party chat servers even with Geo-Filter disabled, then it suggests it's maybe an IPv6 related issue.

If that's the case, then if it were to be rolled out to everybody, lots of routers would stop working with it, not just ours. It's not an excuse not to try and fix whatever incompatibility there is on our router, but I think the blame will largely fall on microsoft when a large number of routers around the world are suddenly made incompatible.

Also if you've not given any feedback to Microsoft yet, as part of the insiders program, maybe you should. It's likely that they'll blame it on your router, but I do think they should be made aware of this.

• 2 weeks later...

there is another update today. i just got home turned on my xbox, got my r1 back out tried a different couple ways for setup nothing fixing party chat or streaming with out having to add ports. also game play with duma on is unplayable no matter how its set up 50 to 300ms pings. before this first party chat thing started i would get 12ms pings players would look like they are standing still, with my frontier router i get about 20 to 30 and my asus router im getting 15 to 23 on a average. the duma in its prime was untouchable. just played for a solid 2hrs trying different configurations to dial it in and no luck, going back to my other router to you guys figure it out. im in for beta testing if you guys need someone thats actually willing to try something that might not even work off the bat (whole point to beta testing)

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're busy on 3.0 at the moment but I've mentioned to Alex about testing the insider updates when he gets time.

whats the point of 3.0 if its not going to accommodate all the updates that MS and PS is pushing out? kinda working on old tech at that point. just my 2 cents

oh and just in case you ask i have 2 networks. a frontier fios 1gigebite up / down connection dedicated just for my xbox only and a spectrum 400mb down / 20 up connection for all my other devices that came with my cable tv package. i tried the netduma on the spectrum network with ipv6 enabled it didnt help anything. i called frontier a couple days ago and asked them when they will support ipv6 and they said there is no talk at all in the future about it in large city's at the moment so i dont think this issue has anything to do with ipv6 and ipv4

Edited by TODDzillaInLA
added more info

• Administrators

Changes can be made as and when the MS updates go public, there seems to only be a very small number of people in the community using these beta updates and so it's not practical at the moment to focus on it. However, it is a good idea to get ahead of the curve and see what we need to do but in the same sense they may release 5 beta updates that we'd then need to try and test and they only release 1 publicly that is different. I do appreciate you keeping us aprised of the situation and when Alex has time he will test it.

Changes can be made as and when the MS updates go public, there seems to only be a very small number of people in the community using these beta updates and so it's not practical at the moment to focus on it.

That is true... 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Has the latest cloud update fixed XBL party chat yet? Still can't use my R1 on my one x. Alpha skip ahead is enabled on this console. 

We haven't tested preview/insider builds of the Xbox yet but we did release a cloud yesterday so you could flush the cloud and see if it helps but it is unlikely.

We haven't tested preview/insider builds of the Xbox yet but we did release a cloud yesterday so you could flush the cloud and see if it helps but it is unlikely.

Hi Fraser, thanks I'll try that when I have some time. Agreed I don't think it'll work either. I wonder what could be causing this? When testing nat the geofilter shows the server all the way over the other side of the planet yet solid 7ms ping. I'll gather more details on it tomorrow. Thanks again.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Hi Fraser, thanks I'll try that when I have some time. Agreed I don't think it'll work either. I wonder what could be causing this? When testing nat the geofilter shows the server all the way over the other side of the planet yet solid 7ms ping. I'll gather more details on it tomorrow. Thanks again.

Not sure until we test it but thinking about it, it may just be they're using test servers for the preview builds and when they make the build public it uses the standard servers. Otherwise we may need to whitelist servers, that one sounds mislocated and needs to be whitelisted, could you add it here please? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28284-geo-filter-server-location-improvements/

2 days back to back MS pushed firmware updates and actually changed the layout and menus, i put my r1 back up hard reset flushed the cloud and no go, party chat block, stream blocked, game chat works fine and if you try using geo filter game play is unplayable,