Crossplay

bagsta69

Yes. But that depends on what server you are placed in and what match you play.  I can go a few days only seeing PC players.

However, are they true PC or Console players? Or are you dealing with a PC player using a controller or a Console player on k/b is the real question. 

In game once you use a controller k/b functionality is disabled and vise versa.

13 minutes ago, bagsta69 said:

I cannot seem to disable cross play, I disable it in options but bottom right of my screen no matter what I do it says that cross play is enabled.????

That's new!

Hmm, I recall someone on reddit saying something similar too.  I really don't know what to tell you.  Other then exit the game turn off console/pc and reboot.  Not sure why it would stick you in crossplay.   When you go into a lobby do you see that it's crossplay?

Yes, I can see that it is cross play, its no real big problem I just don't fancy going up against pc players as I am lead to believe that they have a slight advantage, no biggie. 

Just rebooted and appears to have solved the issue. if it comes back ill report it. Thanks for the tip 

PC players do not have a slight advantage, in fact most PC players are using Ethernet connections while the majority of console players use Wifi. that means they will more often have a higher latency, and the ability to abuse lag compensation.
PC players are just better players.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:25 AM, bagsta69 said:

I just don't fancy going up against pc players as I am lead to believe that they have a slight advantage

They have a massive advantage. I still see M&K players in some core lobbies even though I have it disabled.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, oRaGaMi said:

PC players do not have a slight advantage, in fact most PC players are using Ethernet connections while the majority of console players use Wifi. that means they will more often have a higher latency, and the ability to abuse lag compensation.

🤣💩

1 hour ago, oRaGaMi said:

Amatures.

I have a 1 gig over 1 gig fios connection with a 12 inch ethernet cord to my xbox from router.  The experience is terrible.  No matter what your on players who pull 25 to 70 ping to local servers will always have the advantage.  Me im pulling 2 to 6 ping to locals

You are correct, almost. They need to be about double your latency to reap the benefits of lag compensation. That's why playing on servers where you get low ping is a bad idea. It's an extreme in Mw compared to other games.

I also have fiber and get 18ms from kansas to Chicago Illinois.

I no longer use geo filter as being the low ping player in a lobby is a disadvantage.

I had crossplay on and most PC players are not hard to beat. But then they started spamming that 725 shotgun in lobbies and that combined with MKB input is just impossible to beat consistently. Aiming with MKB and a weapon that you just need to fire in the general direction of your enemy is simply faster than a controller.

On PC it's actually easy to run programs to increase latency. Same for console but it requires routing console through a PC and that needs a little tooling.

Side note is that wifi often doesn't cause much extra latency. When I use my normal ethernet connection I will read about 33ms to the server and on wifi that is 34ms, its about 1ms slower and that is because base ping to the router seems 1ms slower. Only when you run a ping plotter check you will see slightly more jitter. That is with the router 1.5m away. But there is big differences in wifi quality though.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:22 AM, oRaGaMi said:

I honestly dont agree with this. There are not many instances where bad connections actually work in your advantage unless its purely latency with a steady connection. like those 2 bar players etc but they still have no jitter so the game still gives them the advantage. Anything else and it just runs choppy...trust me, ive tried.

Lag-comp... how much I hated this thing.
In CoD4 and MW2 era I had ADSL connection, and my ping was between 65 and 80ms depending the days. I noticed that when it was 65, my games were much better, and a total disaster when I was 80 ms
Next year I got a coaxial cable connection, and ping reduced to 25ms. I thought that this would help me in my game experience, but nothing further thant reality. My games were BAD. This is when, after some investigation, heard about lag-comp, and started a fight that I never in live have been able to win. Lots an lots on hours trying new router settings, tryied different routers (pleaso, do not beleive youtubers saying that his router is the best, don't waste money), PC settings, and a lot of unsense actions that never worked. I even bought a gear called LagBuster (wich cost me more than a netduma) that some of you may remember. The LagBuster had a function in wich you could add artificial latency to your conection to fix Lag-com. I can assure you that never worked. No matter if I added 0, or 100, or 1000ms to my connection, it was useless. Always laggy.
So at this point, I seriously started to think if lag-comp was the real guilty of my bad games, or it was other factors, and I still doubt it.

This year, I finally got a fiber connection with 12ms ping, and results are random, but under my experience, I can assure that netduma is, by far, is the best gear that will help you in your games. I know that not always we have great experiences, but the tweaks that netduma allows you to do, can't be found (or I haven´t found them) in any other router.

36 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Lag-comp... how much I hated this thing.
In CoD4 and MW2 era I had ADSL connection, and my ping was between 65 and 80ms depending the days. I noticed that when it was 65, my games were much better, and a total disaster when I was 80 ms
Next year I got a coaxial cable connection, and ping reduced to 25ms. I thought that this would help me in my game experience, but nothing further thant reality. My games were BAD. This is when, after some investigation, heard about lag-comp, and started a fight that I never in live have been able to win. Lots an lots on hours trying new router settings, tryied different routers (pleaso, do not beleive youtubers saying that his router is the best, don't waste money), PC settings, and a lot of unsense actions that never worked. I even bought a gear called LagBuster (wich cost me more than a netduma) that some of you may remember. The LagBuster had a function in wich you could add artificial latency to your conection to fix Lag-com. I can assure you that never worked. No matter if I added 0, or 100, or 1000ms to my connection, it was useless. Always laggy.
So at this point, I seriously started to think if lag-comp was the real guilty of my bad games, or it was other factors, and I still doubt it.

This year, I finally got a fiber connection with 12ms ping, and results are random, but under my experience, I can assure that netduma is, by far, is the best gear that will help you in your games. I know that not always we have great experiences, but the tweaks that netduma allows you to do, can't be found (or I haven´t found them) in any other router.

Yes my netgear Xr500 gives me a kind of control. Atleast how my ping can be and then again how good or bad i want my gaming experience. But it won't fix game mechanism. Just remember than.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:42 AM, bbursley said:

I honestly dont agree with this. There are not many instances where bad connections actually work in your advantage unless its purely latency with a steady connection. like those 2 bar players etc but they still have no jitter so the game still gives them the advantage. Anything else and it just runs choppy...trust me, ive tried.

This entire game rewards bad latency. Saying "not many instances" is wild.

The leader boards never lie and on PC you can tell their values in game.

High ping players constantly top the leaderboards and it has been documented and proven in battlenonsense video.

I am assuming you are a high ping player?

9 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

This entire game rewards bad latency. Saying "not many instances" is wild.

The leader boards never lie and on PC you can tell their values in game.

High ping players constantly top the leaderboards and it has been documented and proven in battlenonsense video.

I am assuming you are a high ping player?

I don't really know if game priors hight ping players. çwhen I had lagbuster, I could add all the latency I wanted, but never worked, it was laggy all time.
But I noticed that players who has the flag of my country in his gametag seems to have advantage over me, and players from other country are balanced. Some they rush over me, and some others not.

Really, I don´t know what to believe

3 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

Aim for a dedicated that pings you into the mid 40s.

Avg player latency is around 60

I get pooped on if I have 30ms

But 45 is basically the avg sweet spot.

Lemme know your results.

Ok, I'll let you know when I try. Are you getting good results with this?

3 hours ago, oRaGaMi said:

Aim for a dedicated that pings you into the mid 40s.

Avg player latency is around 60

I get pooped on if I have 30ms

But 45 is basically the avg sweet spot.

Lemme know your results.

Im getting a solid 25ms to the local Dedi near me on MW. Still getting pooped on in one shot. Also in kill cams I am seeing a MAJOR peekers advantage. I see them as headglitching, but on their end they are much more expose than the game makes you believe. its just getting old....

On 11/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, bagsta69 said:

Hi, Can anybody confirm if you enable cross play on MW that console players will be matched with keyboard and mouse users?

You definitely do get matched with them. Even though the game is supposed to match you on "input types" I have still gotten into lobbies with them. Its BS tbh

16 hours ago, oRaGaMi said:

Lemme know your results.

Last night I played some games. Pings of this games were about 12ms, 25ms, 35ms and 41ms.
None of them felt fine, but the less bad was the one of 35ms.
D***M!!! It's gets so har to get a positive k/d ratio in a single match!! Lots of insta kills, and lose 85% of gun-fights. Sometimes feels like I have a great red arrow on my head saying "Here!!"

On 12/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, bbursley said:

The camera's are off in this game. If you peak try to peak around the right side of a corner, because that has the advantage.