Crossplay

bagsta69

9 hours ago, Grafti said:

Last night I played some games. Pings of this games were about 12ms, 25ms, 35ms and 41ms.
None of them felt fine, but the less bad was the one of 35ms.
D***M!!! It's gets so har to get a positive k/d ratio in a single match!! Lots of insta kills, and lose 85% of gun-fights. Sometimes feels like I have a great red arrow on my head saying "Here!!"

Today I was watching a youtuber from my country (Spain) wich gameplays always are "magical" and he said one thing that made me wonder. He said that the game searcher always takes a minute or more to find him a match, and rarely against Spanish people. Nearly always against russians, germans, belgiums... So I've tried putting geophilter in middle Europe to catch that players. I'm not sure if that worked because the games I get in were so bad, but because the enemies killed me from behind, from sites that I couldn't see them... in brief, they were fairly bad games, so I hadn't enough time to check how the conection worked out, but I would say it was not so bad... Seems that ping of 35ms is (at least) playable.

And I would like to ask something. Although England and Spain were out of my geophilter radious (I have it on strict mode) the game put me in spanish and british servers, and when I get in a Spanish match, I have nothing to do. Why occurs this??

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Today I was watching a youtuber from my country (Spain) wich gameplays always are "magical" and he said one thing that made me wonder. He said that the game searcher always takes a minute or more to find him a match, and rarely against Spanish people. Nearly always against russians, germans, belgiums... So I've tried putting geophilter in middle Europe to catch that players. I'm not sure if that worked because the games I get in were so bad, but because the enemies killed me from behind, from sites that I couldn't see them... in brief, they were fairly bad games, so I hadn't enough time to check how the conection worked out, but I would say it was not so bad... Seems that ping of 35ms is (at least) playable.

And I would like to ask something. Although England and Spain were out of my geophilter radious (I have it on strict mode) the game put me in spanish and british servers, and when I get in a Spanish match, I have nothing to do. Why occurs this??

It was likely Ping Assist that got you a game that was under your ping limit which is why it allowed them outside your radius.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It was likely Ping Assist that got you a game that was under your ping limit which is why it allowed them outside your radius.

Thanks Fraser. Appart from denying that servers, is there anythind I could do to avoid playing  in spanish games?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Thanks Fraser. Appart from denying that servers, is there anythind I could do to avoid playing  in spanish games?

Turn Ping Assist to 0 so you're just relying on the radius, that way if they're excluded from the radius they won't be allowed.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Turn Ping Assist to 0 so you're just relying on the radius, that way if they're excluded from the radius they won't be allowed.

I don’t know if it is due of the new update, but this evening is taking sooooo long to find I match if I don’t stick to my zone... and I don’t wanna do this. Ping assist on 70 and pinged in middle Eurupe does not find any game, although I disable strict mode and enable fast search.

On the other side... Fraser, I noticed that people are having their best games in the range of 40-60ms pings. Just take a look on the lag-compensation topic, in wich people are adding artificial lag to their connection. So I would sugest to netduma staff to introduce a feature i ping assist wich allows yo to search games in a range of ping giving you the option of choosing both minimmum and maximmum

• Administrators

If you disabled the Geo-Filter did you get a game straight away? That might be difficult but I'm sure it's something we can do. Should be able to achieve this by just moving location/radius to further away servers though.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, bbursley said:

You definitely do get matched with them. Even though the game is supposed to match you on "input types" I have still gotten into lobbies with them. Its BS tbh

I think cross  play means cross platform , so you can get matched up on xbox to someone on xbox playing MW with the native KB/M. but not PS  or PC,  thats how it is for me anyways. 

55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disabled the Geo-Filter did you get a game straight away? That might be difficult but I'm sure it's something we can do. Should be able to achieve this by just moving location/radius to further away servers though.

I just played some games after dinner, same settings, and I had no problem finding games 😕. I don’ t understand nothing.

By the way... how do you turn geophilter off? 🤔

Moerover, the  closer I get to 50ms server, the better it gets.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Grafti said:

I just played some games after dinner, same settings, and I had no problem finding games 😕. I don’ t understand nothing.

By the way... how do you turn geophilter off? 🤔

Moerover, the  closer I get to 50ms server, the better it gets.

Might've been people downloading the update so less games available. Just change it from Filtering Mode to Spectating Mode or delete the device from the Geo-Filter devices panel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 4:42 PM, slickrick6922 said:

I think cross  play means cross platform , so you can get matched up on xbox to someone on xbox playing MW with the native KB/M. but not PS  or PC,  thats how it is for me anyways. 

nah cross play is all the above lol. ive tried it both ways, with cross play off you dont get anyone except xbox players. Games trash anyways, dont think ive played it for quite a while now. They need a SERIOUS mp overhaul to fix this games current state, only thing worth playing atm is something like infected, the rest is just trash lol.