Jump to content
GHOST-1-EC

Does anyone have a wireshark capture for MW?

Recommended Posts

As the title states, does anyone perhaps have a wireshark capture or could someone perhaps do a capture and share on this thread.......i updated my wireshark and cant seem to get it to work properly......looking for UDP specific data from the capture.

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

@Netduma Fraser do multiple 'manual' port prioritization rules under 'QOS' create any conflict?  

They won't create a conflict as we won't let you create rules that overlap. However, make sure if you're using manual rules in that way to disable DumaOS Classified Games & any basic service rules that may have been added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They won't create a conflict as we won't let you create rules that overlap. However, make sure if you're using manual rules in that way to disable DumaOS Classified Games & any basic service rules that may have been added.

yeah......that option been disabled.

so far so good with the manual prio - will give it a few days and see if its not the dreaded "placebo" hahaha!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are looking for port numbers. On console when you go into menu it will show you a external IP with port number (other than 3074) and I believe that’s the one in use. But I need to check with wireshark myself. I switched my QoS to the normal Console one for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Zippy said:

@GHOST-1-EC Can you post your Wireshark captures. It maybe helpful to others. 

Thanks! 

Zippy.

There you go buddy - these are the ports used on the dedi i connect to - not sure if it would be the same for anyone else tho.

What i have done was to initially use Upnp port table to identify the ports which are used when playing MW on the PS4 then i created manual Prioritization rules in QOS (No DumaGames or Games Console Selected).

I have now added additional rules using the Wireshark capture data.

Not going to say too much about it - but my gameplay with the additional rules has been even better than it was with the primary rules i created.

Hope it makes sense to the ones who know what i am talking about and did.

Ps: i blurred out the ip address on my end (for obvious reasons and left the dedi server ip address open). 

MW 20-11-2019 Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GHOST-1-EC

Excellent work.  I've seen this before but I wonder if it changes each time you start the game?

Can you confirm if those ports are found in the lower right corner of the main menu screen?  I too thought that numeric value there was a port but not sure.  Does it matchup with what you see with wireshark?

 

@Netduma Fraser

Are there any issues/conflicts using UpNp + Manual DumaOS Classified Games port

or

Portforward + Manual DumaOS Classified Games?

I ask because we are adding the same ports twice (sort of speaking).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, East said:

@GHOST-1-EC

Excellent work.  I've seen this before but I wonder if it changes each time you start the game?

Can you confirm if those ports are found in the lower right corner of the main menu screen?  I too thought that numeric value there was a port but not sure.  Does it matchup with what you see with wireshark?

 

@Netduma Fraser

Are there any issues/conflicts using UpNp + Manual DumaOS Classified Games port

or

Portforward + Manual DumaOS Classified Games?

I ask because we are adding the same ports twice (sort of speaking).

I have done this before in BO4 but unfortunately the Servers in SA were and still are capped at 20HZ vs 60HZ for the rest of the World - hence that game plays ass over here.

I only once saw port 3074 listed in the game menu networks data - it never re-appeared since then for me.

The server showing in the Capture is currently the Only Dedi which i am connecting to since the full launch of the game vs in the Beta where i connected to a lower ping Dedi - Still waiting to see if the cloud update resolves that issue.

On the side of the possible conflict - i dont think there is any as i have in the past received a notification that specific rules could not be applied as it was "overlapping" - so i'm fine with the current setup - also there are no issues in-game at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, East said:

 

@Netduma Fraser

Are there any issues/conflicts using UpNp + Manual DumaOS Classified Games port

or

Portforward + Manual DumaOS Classified Games?

I ask because we are adding the same ports twice (sort of speaking).

No there isn't, they are not the same thing. One opens the port, the other prioritizes packets for those ports so it's absolutely fine to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No there isn't, they are not the same thing. One opens the port, the other prioritizes packets for those ports so it's absolutely fine to do that.

Yip - I did not want to post anything prior to doing the capture as the manual rules off the upnp data was doing its thing - the capture data is a bonus and has made a decent difference as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, East said:

@GHOST-1-EC

Hmm, I tried using wireshark and it only causes MW to shutdown.  I can't get MW to work with it.  How did you do it?

1. I use my laptop connected via wifi to my modem/router (not connected to the XR500).

2. Create a Bridged Connection on your pc using the ethernet and wifi on the PC.

3. My Ps4 is then connected via Ethernet cable to my laptop - the Ps4 is setup in its network settings with a Static IP and Gateway with my Modem/Router's info (Not the Xr500).

3. Launch Wireshark from the PC - not sure if you have used wireshark before but you would have to run a capture off the ethernet option identified in wireshark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats Ports need to be priorsized?

Only UDP 3074 dont Work :( IT doesnt Trigger the Red prio Lampe 

only Thing that Work is to Set my PC as console

and Use the consol Games profil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

1. I use my laptop connected via wifi to my modem/router (not connected to the XR500).

2. Create a Bridged Connection on your pc using the ethernet and wifi on the PC.

3. My Ps4 is then connected via Ethernet cable to my laptop - the Ps4 is setup in its network settings with a Static IP and Gateway with my Modem/Router's info (Not the Xr500).

3. Launch Wireshark from the PC - not sure if you have used wireshark before but you would have to run a capture off the ethernet option identified in wireshark.

No it's my 1st time.  But what happens is that I have WS in the background and start MW.  MW then starts up then simply disappears.  MW will start as long as I don't start WS.

I tried starting MW 1st. Then start WS but that too caused MW to disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

Whats Ports need to be priorsized?

Only UDP 3074 dont Work :( IT doesnt Trigger the Red prio Lampe 

only Thing that Work is to Set my PC as console

and Use the consol Games profil

 

Back in the day, we use to have websites that provided you all the TCP/UDP per server you needed in order to make sure that specific port was opened.  Back then you would select the actual server you wanted to play on and would just concede to the map rotation for that server. 

Examples:

https://www.gametracker.com/search/codbo3/

http://bftracks.net/appl/bft/List/host

As long as those ports were "also" open/forwarded you had the most optimal hit rego.  However, times have changed for whatever reason and that info isn't provided from such website for current games we play (at least none I've found...anyone have any links pls post them here).  So we have to resort to apps like wireshark, etc to get those "additional" ports that may/may not be included in the list provided by the developer.  More often then not there are server that use ports that aren't listed.  So you have no idea they need to be open.  Until you have that one off were your hit rego was crap. 

What we've been doing now is relaying on the developer to give us accurate info.  https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

But from my personal experience with other online games the list provided is not an exhaustive one.  Currently, I'm still looking to see if that's the case with MW.  But I have no doubt there are other ports not listed.  Which is what Ghost-1-EC is looking into. 

If you look at the ports provided by Activation and what Ghost-1-EC found. 30550 is not a listed port, for example.  This has been going on since BF2 and I have no idea why that information is so hard to make available.   But you may ask, well I use UpNp so those ports should open as well?  Well, yeah they should but I've not seen that happen no matter what router/modem you use.  I don't have the technical know how to explain why except to say I've not seen it.  I had to manually add it and I'm going all the way back to BF2.

Any additional insight on this I would personally appreciate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay.. so Open Port UDP 1-65535 would be good for the Connection

 

But whats about prio?

Does every server have a other Port that need to be priorsized?

How do i get this Port without wireshark?

I dont want to prio all Udp ports.. just the Ports the Game need

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forwarding that many ports to the console is a little excessive and isn't needed if you have an Open NAT. I'll refrain from answering the rest of the questions as it's aimed at Ghost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

Okay.. so Open Port UDP 1-65535 would be good for the Connection

 

But whats about prio?

Does every server have a other Port that need to be priorsized?

How do i get this Port without wireshark?

I dont want to prio all Udp ports.. just the Ports the Game need

 

I have 1 - 65535 port forwarded and BOps4 still plays like crap. So I don't think that'll help tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mhh sry for my Bad English

AS far as i understand..  specific servers need Ports that dont get Open via upnp..

Open Nat only means the auth Port is Open..

Also.. you needfor a Open Nat only UDP 3074 to ne Open..

But the Game Use other Ports too

But upnp doesnt Open them

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

@N3CR0

For BO4 try this:

-Reboot if you had console on standby

-Do a speed test

-Start Game (BO4) and get to Network

-Under Network Version you will see something like this xxx.xx.xx.x.x.x.xxxxx.

-Use those last digits found behind the last "."  and manually add that to Traffic Prioritization .  Keep UpnP the same as before.

-If you are using port forwarding add .XXXXX to both port forward and Traffic Prioritization.

-Go back to BO4 and play a match.  See if you notice a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 12:50 AM, East said:
 

@N3CR0

For BO4 try this:

-Reboot if you had console on standby

-Do a speed test

-Start Game (BO4) and get to Network

-Under Network Version you will see something like this xxx.xx.xx.x.x.x.xxxxx.

-Use those last digits found behind the last "."  and manually add that to Traffic Prioritization .  Keep UpnP the same as before.

-If you are using port forwarding add .XXXXX to both port forward and Traffic Prioritization.

-Go back to BO4 and play a match.  See if you notice a difference. 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...