BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020

GHOST-1-EC

11 minutes ago, East said:

This mirrors the kind of hit rego I'm seeing.  When the game first came out the smgs were pretty good at range.  Now it seems to take a bit more bullets now.  I thought it was just me until I watched this. 

Do you think this is as good as it gets with hit rego or do you think you can do better?

If i add FMJ and a barrel with Bullet Velocity then it becomes super lethal but i dont want OP weapons - i was using a scope as i need Longshot kills to unlock the Gold Camo so it slowed down my ADS abit - that might make it seem less lethal but to me in game it felt on the money bar the times i got gunned in close quarters. 

The Aug is monsterous at the moment tho - when i do the Gold Camo for it i'll upload some gameplay with it. 

For me the bullet reg has improved and the overall stability of the lobbies is what i'm enjoying the most tbh. 

30 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

If i add FMJ and a barrel with Bullet Velocity then it becomes super lethal but i dont want OP weapons - i was using a scope as i need Longshot kills to unlock the Gold Camo so it slowed down my ADS abit - that might make it seem less lethal but to me in game it felt on the money bar the times i got gunned in close quarters. 

The Aug is monsterous at the moment tho - when i do the Gold Camo for it i'll upload some gameplay with it. 

For me the bullet reg has improved and the overall stability of the lobbies is what i'm enjoying the most tbh. 

Great news then.  Glad to read that.  I will start working on the Aug then.  I went straight for the MP5 and felt that it was better at the time and ignored the Aug.  I think I got the Mp5 close to level 50 so that's enough for that for now. 

You know I still weapons that are level 1, lol.  I just can't get to them all.  725 is barely level 7.  Now it isn't worth leveling at all after the nerfs.  

I've been going back and forth with MW and BO4 as both use similar ports.  And for whatever reason I notice better hit registration and overall get the jump on other players more so in BO4 then in MW 2019.  Which is why I asked Ghost-1-EC his view.  I'm not sure why that is though. 

MW hit rego is definitely better and I can get the jump if I run/gun and simply have blast playing. However,  I can go 4-5 matches in BO4 and get the "exact" same experience.  In MW it seems to go from easy to sweaty and back to easy sort of thing. Perhaps it's the result of not being in the same lobby from match to match.   

6 hours ago, East said:

I've been going back and forth with MW and BO4 as both use similar ports.  And for whatever reason I notice better hit registration and overall get the jump on other players more so in BO4 then in MW 2019.  Which is why I asked Ghost-1-EC his view.  I'm not sure why that is though. 

MW hit rego is definitely better and I can get the jump if I run/gun and simply have blast playing. However,  I can go 4-5 matches in BO4 and get the "exact" same experience.  In MW it seems to go from easy to sweaty and back to easy sort of thing. Perhaps it's the result of not being in the same lobby from match to match.   

I did not want to mention BO4 but yes.......its night and day difference now - i'll leave it to others to comment on whether the changes has helped them. 

There is one more thing that is key though - i created another thread for it here in Cod Support but waiting on the Netduma guys to respond since yesterday but no one has yet. 

Ghost and east and everyone else

Read this you might find it intresting

I dowgraded to my old firmware  what has network monitor  

So i can see what ports the games uses exactly

There is always 3 ports in use  at all time playing cod mw 

The first for me it is 3074  i am on ps4

The second port stays the same untill you restart game  this is the data centre or matchmaking server  mine changes because theres loads of dedis  near me so there loads to pick from in uk 

The third port changes every new lobby thats why you see new  players every game

This is for ghost

you say you connect to port 30550 i think it was everytime to me that seems correct this would be your data centre or matchmaking

These ports  30550 should show even if your not in a game go to the scrren that you pick game mode 

Try using wireshark then and it should show you its using it even when your not in a game

Then you need the third set of ports 

From what i seen you post i  dont think wireshark can show them maybe the pc\ firewall is blocking them

This is my exerience from using network monitor  on old  firmware 

Btw  since i put in the ports my hit detection is brilliant but i kknd of knew  it would as i have done this for previous cod titles

Btw ghost i also found 30550 port but it was the second of 3 ports needed

I have a load of ports written down if you want me to post them

15 minutes ago, kinel said:

Ghost and east and everyone else

Read this you might find it intresting

I dowgraded to my old firmware  what has network monitor  

So i can see what ports the games uses exactly

There is always 3 ports in use  at all time playing cod mw 

The first for me it is 3074  i am on ps4

The second port stays the same untill you restart game  this is the data centre or matchmaking server  mine changes because theres loads of dedis  near me so there loads to pick from in uk 

The third port changes every new lobby thats why you see new  players every game

This is for ghost

you say you connect to port 30550 i think it was everytime to me that seems correct this would be your data centre or matchmaking

These ports  30550 should show even if your not in a game go to the scrren that you pick game mode 

Try using wireshark then and it should show you its using it even when your not in a game

Then you need the third set of ports 

From what i seen you post i  dont think wireshark can show them maybe the pc\ firewall is blocking them

This is my exerience from using network monitor  on old  firmware 

Btw  since i put in the ports my hit detection is brilliant but i kknd of knew  it would as i have done this for previous cod titles

Btw ghost i also found 30550 port but it was the second of 3 ports needed

I have a load of ports written down if you want me to post them

Awesome stuf bud

You can post them..... it will help alot of users who only read but dont comment. 

As for port '30550' what i found in wireshark was the ip address linked to that port - i then used pingplotter to trace the ip (linked to the port/s) and it came up as the dedi i already have in my pingplotter list - just under a different ip for MW. 

I found more ports for which i created rules but did not want to over complicate the content by posting a bunch of stuff. 

One thing i noticed off the bat since creating the rules was that insta join the game menu and lobbies i search for on both MW and BO4. 

I really hoped for some interaction from @Netduma Admin or @Netduma Fraser on my other post which revolves around creating or reserving a Static External IP for the PS4.

Reason behind this is that i 'think' it could lock in, your in-game Geographical Location permanently - as we all know this changes with each console start up from time to time - my gaming experience went and goes off the charts when i play with my in-game geo location exactly where i live.

So in MW under the geo location (with my exact location) i also found a port linked to that external ip and added a rule for it - this made a 'huge' difference for me its actually scary, 😅😅😅

I have not touched any qos rules since - it is legit the most one and done setup i have had since gettin the XR500. 

#TouchWood😅

1 minute ago, kinel said:

For myself  it only shows port 3074  for my geo location in mw

But there not showing my exact location  as it is wrong

Port 3074 will be linked to your internal ip - the one you created for your ps4 (all of us will have that port) 

I'm referring to the port next to the external ip (your public ip which is totally different to your console ip) 

Yeah the Geo Location for most users is wrong - its got to do with the external ip that gets allocated everytime u launch the game. 

I took a screen shot of the external ip and the port that it gives me with my exact geo location in-game. 

I could unfortunately not reserve this external ip on the XR500.........was hoping to get some feedback from the netduma guys. 

So for now what i do is restart the isp modem/router then launch the game to see if it reset to my exact in-game geo location or to a city that i know gives me that 'edge' or similar effect as my exact location. 

Hope it all makes sense. 

1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Port 3074 will be linked to your internal ip - the one you created for your ps4 (all of us will have that port) 

I'm referring to the port next to the external ip (your public ip which is totally different to your console ip) 

Yeah the Geo Location for most users is wrong - its got to do with the external ip that gets allocated everytime u launch the game. 

I took a screen shot of the external ip and the port that it gives me with my exact geo location in-game. 

I could unfortunately not reserve this external ip on the XR500.........was hoping to get some feedback from the netduma guys. 

So for now what i do is restart the isp modem/router then launch the game to see if it reset to my exact in-game geo location or to a city that i know gives me that 'edge' or similar effect as my exact location. 

Hope it all makes sense. 

my intern and extern port is 3074.. 

can you show me your rules? i have a hard time to understand how do you set your rules

50 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

if you use netlimiter it shows these servers on pc, wenn you start the game

Unbenannt.PNG

Can you run it with wireshark - i cant make out anything from the netlimiter info you posted

On Wireshark filter UDP specifically

Wait to get into a game - yr ip and the game server ip with ports being used will fill out the capture. Its easy then to identify the port in use 

I use the individual rules as it feels more consistent that way......i capped my manual rule entries to 15. 

3 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Can you run it with wireshark - i cant make out anything from the netlimiter info you posted

On Wireshark filter UDP specifically

Wait to get into a game - yr ip and the game server ip with ports being used will fill out the capture. Its easy then to identify the port in use 

I use the individual rules as it feels more consistent that way......i capped my manual rule entries to 15. 

cant use wireshark

Modern warfare automaticly close itself if wireshark running

hers a fe ports i found so far  all udp

30020   :30010   :32680   32310   :32350  :30190    :34790
:34790    :30070     30100     32560   :32580  30060  33420
:33420    40820  36800  32310

30550 30520 30130 30060

any chance you guys might read this it might help everyone

22 minutes ago, kinel said:

hers a fe ports i found so far  all udp

30020   :30010   :32680   32310   :32350  :30190    :34790
:34790    :30070     30100     32560   :32580  30060  33420
:33420    40820  36800  32310

30550 30520 30130 30060

any chance you guys might read this it might help everyone

I remember this post of yours - think i even commented on there as well. 

Show your in game latency ghost. Because if it shows 30 on netduma you can go ahead and double that for in game latency value. I ping 18ms to Chicago server but the games in game latency value will be 32.

So if you are 32 latency via netduma really you are 64 in game, which enables lag compensation and is the magic number. The rest of what you did is a placebo effect. If you were playing on PC you would be able to verify this yourself.

There is not really a magic number.

Also you can't say 18 becomes 32 so 32 becomes 64ms.

18 - 32 ms is because there is processing time involved, which is around 16ms. So if you have 32ms ping you read about 48ms in game.

8 hours ago, oRaGaMi said:

Show your in game latency ghost. Because if it shows 30 on netduma you can go ahead and double that for in game latency value. I ping 18ms to Chicago server but the games in game latency value will be 32.

So if you are 32 latency via netduma really you are 64 in game, which enables lag compensation and is the magic number. The rest of what you did is a placebo effect. If you were playing on PC you would be able to verify this yourself.

This will depend on the game - BO4 gives a higher figure in game than what the XR500 reads - MW during the beta gave me a true figure (same as BO3) 

MW post launch has kept me on the higher ping servers - still waiting on the "soon to happen" cloud update to see if i get to play on the low ping servers i play on in the other Cod titles. 

As for the "placebo effect" you are legit going to make me crack myself 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - there is no placebo in play with these prioritization rules - if you have not tried it then why knock it. 

Its all good if you dont want to use the info - no stress my guy. 

I have tried various prioritization rules but I feel there is not a whole lot into it. That's why I have left it on the regular Console Games setting now.

I had UDP 3074 source - 1024-65535 destination before and I don't feel it plays better or worse.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I have tried various prioritization rules but I feel there is not a whole lot into it. That's why I have left it on the regular Console Games setting now.

I had UDP 3074 source - 1024-65535 destination before and I don't feel it plays better or worse.

I wont hold you with this bud but if you can add the prioritization rules individually - also in the qos flower, give your console or pc abit more on both the download and upload side - mine is set to 40% on both the upload and download side with and everything else receiving 15% - i have 5 devices connected to the XR500.

"Share Excess bandwith" is disabled and my bufferbloat sliders are left on 98% for both the upload and download - not suggesting the 98% sliders will work for you but just letting you how mine is set up.

I also now have 16 individual rules added to the QOS prioritization based off wireshark captures for BO4 and MW.

This has become my one and done setup - as anything better than what i am experiencing now is just a bonus.

20 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

cant use wireshark

Modern warfare automaticly close itself if wireshark running

Have you renamed the .exe for wireshark to something else and running it?

• GHOST-1-EC changed the title to BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020