BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020

GHOST-1-EC

6 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I don't use upnp because it only opens 3074 and that doesn't even get you an open nat on console or game these days (despite CoD saying it will, thats a lie)

Since I have every port open already, this won't do anything. Its the servers that are messed up, nothing I do my end will do anything.

Every BOps4 player seems to be having the same problem as me, proof its the game.

Back in the day it was always told to us to either use UpnP or Port Forward. However, never just open all the ports as that would cause problems.

I'll concede that modems/routers are much better today then back then.  However, I've always keep firm to that rule.  I know an explanation was given but I don't recall now. 

Ghost on the nedumar1 old fw you could see the ports the game was connected to in network monitor

They sadly removed it from newer fw 

I used to use it for oldrr cod games bo4 ww2 etc

I would put those ports in and my jit registration  would get way bettr instantly

The older cod would show 3  diffrent ports every game and would change as soon as you joined new lobby

34 minutes ago, kinel said:

Ghost on the nedumar1 old fw you could see the ports the game was connected to in network monitor

They sadly removed it from newer fw 

I used to use it for oldrr cod games bo4 ww2 etc

I would put those ports in and my jit registration  would get way bettr instantly

The older cod would show 3  diffrent ports every game and would change as soon as you joined new lobby

We need that old feature back in the new firmware!! I wonder why that was ever removed? That type of info is very much needed and is critical to have it..

Zippy.

Ghost could you do me a favour could you play or just start a match of free for all 

Ide like to find out what ports it shows you

I find it to mutch hassle to downgrade my fw to see these stats

Then i have yo reconfigure evey thing on my setup 

Thank you if you could 

I already know the outcome of your tests as i used to this on older fw 

And the hit registration  was alot lot better for older cod titles

When you prioratised the ports

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Forwarding that many ports to the console is a little excessive and isn't needed if you have an Open NAT. I'll refrain from answering the rest of the questions as it's aimed at Ghost.

Morning Guys...... so the idea is to identify the specific port/s used when connecting to a dedi's and then to add a manual rule specifically for that port/s. 

In the past i also used a large range and the effects/consistency wasnt always there - so i moved away from doing that. 

I will reply as much as i can to everyone posts and hope it helps. 

7 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I have 1 - 65535 port forwarded and BOps4 still plays like crap. So I don't think that'll help tbh.

BO4 on my end when connected to one specific dedicated server used a totally different port - i added a rule with that specific port and it helped. 

The one positive at the moment with MW vs BO4 or other Cod games is that with the launch of the full game, i am only connecting to one specific dedi (using the geofilter) and that keeps the port prioritization in effect all the time or for the most part as i play on the XR500 and i cant monitor the wireshark capture whilst on the XR500. 

6 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I don't use upnp because it only opens 3074 and that doesn't even get you an open nat on console or game these days (despite CoD saying it will, thats a lie)

Since I have every port open already, this won't do anything. Its the servers that are messed up, nothing I do my end will do anything.

Every BOps4 player seems to be having the same problem as me, proof its the game.

I have an Open Nat on all games - getn an Open Nat is not an issue for me and to be very honest, its kinda overrated in my opinion, as i have no issues connecting to other players or finding lobbies with a Strict Nat either - Using the Geofilter with yr radius placed over the dedi you identified kinda guarantees that you will get into lobbies - I would still enable Upnp though as it opens Port 3074 and Port 9308 (in my case - for cod games). 

Thereafter i would add manual rules into the QOS to ensure that there are no issues with packet prio. 

5 hours ago, kinel said:

Ghost could you do me a favour could you play or just start a match of free for all 

Thank you if you could 

I will have a look at this tonight when i get home buddy and let you know - hopefully i can test it whilst connected to another players custom game as well and see which port/s are used. 

nothing you do with the netduma will help other than increasing your latency to ensure you can abuse lag compensation.
That is just the way MW works now. You cannot prevent other higher latency players from entering your lobby unless you force host.
See battlenonsense video for proof.
Lag Compensation and "Skill based MM" will always work against you.

35 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

nothing you do with the netduma will help other than increasing your latency to ensure you can abuse lag compensation.
That is just the way MW works now. You cannot prevent other higher latency players from entering your lobby unless you force host.
See battlenonsense video for proof.
Lag Compensation and "Skill based MM" will always work against you.

I dont have a problem with Skill Based Match Making......my rank and skill level is decent - the lobbies over here were always sweaty - I see SBMM as a ranked playlist....... if u can make it through that guantlet then all other games are a breeze. 

I dont have any serious connection issues either as i have limited my geo radius to a specific server and gathered data from that server via wireshark (as per the thread comms) and set everything else up around that data. 

MW for me has been a pleasure - And i Run n Gun every lobby. 

Ghost i noticed you said port 9308  is  used for cod bo4

Are you sure its used 

I see that ports for older cod titles as well

And i see it for cod mw as well all the time

But i have  never prioritised it as i was told its for psn  chat

But maybe i am wrong it might not be for psn chat after all  like you said it migh be needed for cod 

1 hour ago, kinel said:

Ghost i noticed you said port 9308  is  used for cod bo4

Are you sure its used 

I see that ports for older cod titles as well

And i see it for cod mw as well all the time

But i have  never prioritised it as i was told its for psn  chat

But maybe i am wrong it might not be for psn chat after all  like you said it migh be needed for cod 

Upnp always opened it so i prioritised it in qos as well. 

Non of the traditional ports shown in the portforwarding https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare/ are found in the upnp table or the wireshark capture - so i dont bother with them (i did in the past and saw no difference in gaming experience vs what i'm seeing now) 

My focus is identifying the actual ports used and then to create rules for them and see the difference it makes. 

16 hours ago, kinel said:

Thank you if you could 

@kinel 

I've ran continuous Custom Game lobbies to search for any variants and non come up - the port sequence found in,

Custom games is  3074 > 30020 ; 30020 > 3074 (UDP)

Additional Ports found during Tdm Pubs

1. 3074 > 32430 ; 32430 > 3074 (UDP)

2. 3074 > 30750 ; 30750 > 3074 (UDP)

I'll add some rules for these ports as well.

I wont be doing any further captures until after the Cloud Update (whenever that is)

Hope this helps some of you.

Ghost did you try and play free for all

I think you meant custome games means free for all

but i am not sure what you meant

I though custome games meant private matches

I hope i made sence

I tested some MW on my Xbox connected to the PC via Wireshark and observed that the port changes with each subsequent game. Then I connected the Xbox directly to NetdumaR1 and redirected the ports that I saw in Wireshark, more or less the range that most often occurred there. Then I added this scope to Traffic Prioritization. I played around 3-4 matches at Ground War and hit detection was excellent I haven't had in a long time. Several times even opponents shot me in the back and they couldn't kill me because even though I was getting injured I could slalom hide behind cover. Tomorrow I will test other game modes and let me know if it is a constant improvement.

Hey @GHOST-1-EC, I used your method with wireshark and ended up with around 15 - 20 ports listed, mainly 3074, then going to ports anywhere from 32020 to around 42000, there are around 20 odd ports in this range. Used 2 dedis servers to get this data. Should I make 20 rules in the qos area or should I range from 32000 to 42000 or is this excessive? Gotta admit whilst I'm not new to port forwarding I've never done it using this method before, but all the packets were sent from my xbox, running the network through ethernet to bridged wireless laptop. Thanks if you can shed any light on this.

Squizz he wants you to use traffic priotizqtion to put the ports in

If it was me i would do them seprately

Btw you said you found 20  to me that sounds  not a lot

I used to do this for older cod titles and boy did it improve my hid detectionbut my list had hundreds of ports listed

For me the ports changed every game on ps4 but this was on older cod

27 minutes ago, Squizz said:

Hey @GHOST-1-EC, I used your method with wireshark and ended up with around 15 - 20 ports listed, mainly 3074, then going to ports anywhere from 32020 to around 42000, there are around 20 odd ports in this range. Used 2 dedis servers to get this data. Should I make 20 rules in the qos area or should I range from 32000 to 42000 or is this excessive? Gotta admit whilst I'm not new to port forwarding I've never done it using this method before, but all the packets were sent from my xbox, running the network through ethernet to bridged wireless laptop. Thanks if you can shed any light on this.

Hey Bud

I have mine set up individually under the QOS. 

However, i have also in the past set it up as a 'once off range' and it worked well. 

I find doing them individually to to give u the best effect but thats just me not wanting to leave anything to chance. 

I am not using port forwarding...... just upnp enabled on the XR500 with my XR500 static ip placed in the dmz of my isp modem/router - this guarantees me an open nat on all games. 

22 minutes ago, kinel said:

Squizz he wants you to use traffic priotizqtion to put the ports in

If it was me i would do them seprately

Btw you said you found 20  to me that sounds  not a lot

I used to do this for older cod titles and boy did it improve my hid detectionbut my list had hundreds of ports listed

For me the ports changed every game on ps4 but this was on older cod

Hey @kinel, thanks for clearing that up, I'll put them in the traffic priority area...and yeah I only tried with 3 games admittedly...I was planning on using geo filter with a small radius close to the 2 dedis I seem to get into alot and then use the port #s pulled from these. I'll try a few more games and then possibly export the data and note all of the ports, I'm also assuming it's one port per rule too? Thanks again, I'm new to all this and appreciate your help.

5 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Hey Bud

I have mine set up individually under the QOS. 

However, i have also in the past set it up as a 'once off range' and it worked well. 

I find doing them individually to to give u the best effect but thats just me not wanting to leave anything to chance. 

I am not using port forwarding...... just upnp enabled on the XR500 with my XR500 static ip placed in the dmz of my isp modem/router - this guarantees me an open nat on all games. 

Hey mate thanks for replying, yeah I'm running a similar network set up, had to DMZ my XR300 on my ISP router due to no modem mode (sky q hub) and then just DMZd my console in XR300 LAN settings (hopefully this isnt causing conflicts?). Had to change my port in xbox network settings, as I had a double NAT issue after a couple hours, but NAT has been open since and fingers crossed it'll remain that way. Right, I'll make sure to do them separately, suppose it can't hurt to take 5 min more and do it correctly, as i saw Fraser mention about excessive port ranges. Thanks for the help bud.

10 minutes ago, Squizz said:

Hey mate thanks for replying, yeah I'm running a similar network set up, had to DMZ my XR300 on my ISP router due to no modem mode (sky q hub) and then just DMZd my console in XR300 LAN settings (hopefully this isnt causing conflicts?). Had to change my port in xbox network settings, as I had a double NAT issue after a couple hours, but NAT has been open since and fingers crossed it'll remain that way. Right, I'll make sure to do them separately, suppose it can't hurt to take 5 min more and do it correctly, as i saw Fraser mention about excessive port ranges. Thanks for the help bud.

All good bud

I'm on ps4 so not too clued upon the xbox layout but if u do pic up a double nat issue again then rather just use the combo i use

XR500 dmz'd in yr isp modem/router and upnp enabled on the XR500. 

Let us know how the game/s play with the manual qos rules. 

12 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

All good bud

I'm on ps4 so not too clued upon the xbox layout but if u do pic up a double nat issue again then rather just use the combo i use

XR500 dmz'd in yr isp modem/router and upnp enabled on the XR500. 

Let us know how the game/s play with the manual qos rules. 

Definitely will do pal cheers again, and did you disable upnp on the ISP router too? Or have you got one that can be modem only? I've ordered an old openreach modem, as apparently that is compatible and should remove the need for the old router/subnet config I'm using at the moment. So if upnp on both is an issue it hopefully wont be for much longer anyway!

11 minutes ago, Squizz said:

Definitely will do pal cheers again, and did you disable upnp on the ISP router too? Or have you got one that can be modem only? I've ordered an old openreach modem, as apparently that is compatible and should remove the need for the old router/subnet config I'm using at the moment. So if upnp on both is an issue it hopefully wont be for much longer anyway!

Yip.....no upnp or dhcp enabled on the isp router (i also use a router as the internet feed for the XR500). 

• GHOST-1-EC changed the title to BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020