Cloud Update

PUBzZz

Can we get somebody from the Duma team to chime in on this to let us know where we are at with the cloud update for MW?  Is it coming within the next day or two or are we looking at weeks away?  If it's going to be weeks can we get some insight on what the hold up is?  

Thanks in advance to the Duma team I know you want to get it right but I think we just need to be kept in the loop because MW is driving many here crazy with it's matchmaking.

• Administrators

I will get Alex to respond to this as he is the one who is in charge of the cloud and so he'll be better able to answer your question. I think probably what the issue is relates to the correcting of the locations as each IP will have to be done manually and there are many in a block so as you can imagine it can take a good amount of time - especially given the amount of information we've received from users. I may be off the mark but that gives you a little insight into why it can take so long.

4 hours ago, ItsMrWes said:

If it takes a “good” amount of time, then quit telling everyone since launch that the update will be here “soon.”

Well initially I thought the update would be easier to implement, but it's a lot more complicated than it would first appear. I do apologise for the delay.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:40 AM, secretface said:

So playing last night I had an 8ms ping ingame and it still played like trash. I think there is something wrong with the game right now. I am not sure if a cloud update would help it or not.

I played last night and also this morning - getting really awful lag compensation. You know when that kicks in because no matter how good your reflexes, aim and connection is, the game diverts your sights everywhere except the target. Really infuriating.

I’m getting irritated with the MW game (particularly footsteps), and also the lack of cloud updates, too.

Maybe a sticky post dedicated to cloud updates only would help people stay in the loop? It would provide a main area to check first, rather than creating a new topic or searching the forum for similar posts. There’s nothing worse than not knowing what is going on and even a post saying ‘We’re still working on things’ would suppress peoples’ frustrations for a while.

4 hours ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

I played last night and also this morning - getting really awful lag compensation. You know when that kicks in because no matter how good your reflexes, aim and connection is, the game diverts your sights everywhere except the target. Really infuriating.

I’m getting irritated with the MW game (particularly footsteps), and also the lack of cloud updates, too.

Maybe a sticky post dedicated to cloud updates only would help people stay in the loop? It would provide a main area to check first, rather than creating a new topic or searching the forum for similar posts. There’s nothing worse than not knowing what is going on and even a post saying ‘We’re still working on things’ would suppress peoples’ frustrations for a while.

That's what I was asking for in the other cloud thread and that is for a Sticky with a statement on where they are at with the cloud update so it's clear to everyone.  

• Administrators

I don't think the game has an issue with Anti-BB per se. As with every new CoD release people experiment with their settings, sometimes it's placebo sometimes it's not. Some interesting discussions on the forum at the moment regarding settings, particularly prioritizing ports using advanced rules on Traffic Prioritization so that may be something to try.

5 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

Try disabling anti Buffer bloat

Disable Share on QoS on down and Upload

And give your console 5mbit down and 5 Mbit Upload Speed

Call of Duty seems to has Problems with the anti bufferbloat Feature..

Should I add the priority settings you have in the other topic? Its depressing playing the way this game plays right now.

Thank you for the help. This is the best forum that the duma boys have for us.

B

9 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

Yes prio is important

9 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

Yes prio is important

Thanks Bro. I appreciate the help. Not sure if it works haven't tried yet. Still appreciate the help though!

Having fun so far for the first time.

5 hours ago, secretface said:

that worked for 7 matches and then back to being 10 min behind.

People , people , this is the matchmaking , sbmm , 

when u play Some good games then U go in other lobby’s whit ur OWN SKILL 

the problem is , u sit in lobby whit good Ping , but in this lobby sit to much different players from all countrys whit bad connextions , 

u can search the hole day long , nothing helps for better games till they delete sbmm off make this less strict 

the only thing what happens on this moment whit playing is , u play Some good games and then Some bad games , 

al this things ( footsteps , sbmm , camping maps  ) they have make this for the new players that we not destroy them every game 

25 minutes ago, faulko said:

It’s the game dude.

nothing end users can do.

Agreed. Stop wasting time with settings. It's game mechanism. If you have played Fifa the last couple of years, you know there's scripting in the game, to help low skilled players not get played down.

Something like that it's in CoD MW, and its all from a marketings point of view.

They need to be sure to sell copies to all kind of players and keep them playing, to atract new players.

Thats why SBMM is important and latency is not.

Unistall if you can't the BS or play the BS and accept it the way it is.

DumaOS won't a different, but it does give you the features as it promise.

1 hour ago, NinaRicci2011 said:

the problem is , u sit in lobby whit good Ping , but in this lobby sit to much different players from all countrys whit bad connextions , 

u can search the hole day long , nothing helps for better games till they delete sbmm off make this less strict 

the only thing what happens on this moment whit playing is , u play Some good games and then Some bad games , 

al this things ( footsteps , sbmm , camping maps  ) they have make this for the new players that we not destroy them every game 

i'M NOT LOOKING FOR LOBBY'S WITH LOW KD PLAYERS, I WANT CONSISTENT HIT DETECTION. NOT KILLING SOMEONE IN 1 GAME WITH 5 BULLETS AND THE NEXT A WHOLE CLIP WONT KILL THEM. LOL

2 hours ago, slickrick6922 said:

i'M NOT LOOKING FOR LOBBY'S WITH LOW KD PLAYERS, I WANT CONSISTENT HIT DETECTION. NOT KILLING SOMEONE IN 1 GAME WITH 5 BULLETS AND THE NEXT A WHOLE CLIP WONT KILL THEM. LOL

This is the problem whit sbmm on this moment , they look not near the connextions , maybe after Some years when they tweak sbmm  then we gonna have better games , today this sbmm sucks , skill have the first place , not connextion , when people have bad connextions ur hit detection gonna not work 

8 hours ago, NinaRicci2011 said:

So while I agree to an extent. When I said I had 7 good games I did not mean I am some cod god or even that good because I am not. I had 7 or so games with out laggy BS.

After that had laggy, not on my screen BS. Hitmarkers galore. I have no issue with playing with people the same or better than me, I am not that good as it is. I just should not have this lag with an 8ms ping or even 23 ms ping. If you are saying SBMM is putting artificial lag well that would seem true then. I think we are all grasping at straws and the game just plays like poo.

25 minutes ago, secretface said:

So while I agree to an extent. When I said I had 7 good games I did not mean I am some cod god or even that good because I am not. I had 7 or so games with out laggy BS.

After that had laggy, not on my screen BS. Hitmarkers galore. I have no issue with playing with people the same or better than me, I am not that good as it is. I just should not have this lag with an 8ms ping or even 23 ms ping. If you are saying SBMM is putting artificial lag well that would seem true then. I think we are all grasping at straws and the game just plays like poo.

This is what mean , becoz sbmm we have this poor gameplay sometimes ( bad hitmarkers , lag , bad Ping ) i am a good player and i hate sbmm on this moment becoz skill have the first place , i want sbmm what prefere first connextions , i am not afraid from losing games from my OWN skill , i like just not losing becoz bad matchmaking , and that happens too much in modern warfare 

43 minutes ago, NinaRicci2011 said:

This is what mean , becoz sbmm we have this poor gameplay sometimes ( bad hitmarkers , lag , bad Ping ) i am a good player and i hate sbmm on this moment becoz skill have the first place , i want sbmm what prefere first connextions , i am not afraid from losing games from my OWN skill , i like just not losing becoz bad matchmaking , and that happens too much in modern warfare 

so you are saying sbmm is putting lag in the game? How do we know this?

18 minutes ago, secretface said:

so you are saying sbmm is putting lag in the game? How do we know this?

I am not 100 procent  Sure , 

when i play ww2 i have this terrible connextion not , sometimes i fall in bad lobby , mostely the lobby’s are fine in ww2 

in modern warfare its hole broken , i think sbmm destroy the connextions , u have more mixed lobby’s  

Maybe ww2 plays better becoz there are less people in the servers 

Infinity ward have everytime this horrible matchmakings whit sbmm , thats means al a big thing over sbmm ( more lag ) 

advance warfare was the same horrible matchmaking