Jump to content
Chaiyoabc

Netduma doesn't work anymore after patch 1.07

Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.b5ed91ef5840191a34ea5fd0d0fcdb7a.png

Keep putting me in Japanese server when I only play in Singapore servers. No matter how many server I moved to blacklist, there will always be another japanese servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That server has been found by ping assist. If you only want servers within your radius set ping assist to 0. What ping are you getting to that server? I expect that the sever is actually in Singapore but is incorrectly located in Netduma’s cloud so I would advise leaving ping assist enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

That server has been found by ping assist. If you only want servers within your radius set ping assist to 0. What ping are you getting to that server? I expect that the sever is actually in Singapore but is incorrectly located in Netduma’s cloud so I would advise leaving ping assist enabled.

This is excellent advice. I also recommend reading our Ping Assist guide so you understand more about this feature: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted about this also patch 1.07 has broken filtering altogether. Even with ping assist at 0 and no dedicated servers in range of the smallest radius it will connect to peers and servers outside the range.

Also no matter what, NAT type is stuck on moderate in the MW menu but xbox will say open, pre patch it was open and games filtered no issues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

That server has been found by ping assist. If you only want servers within your radius set ping assist to 0. What ping are you getting to that server? I expect that the sever is actually in Singapore but is incorrectly located in Netduma’s cloud so I would advise leaving ping assist enabled.

Ping assist is already set at 0. there are only 2 server locations in my region

Singapore - 23ms ping 

Japan - 99ms ping 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Ping assist is already set at 0. there are only 2 server locations in my region

Singapore - 23ms ping 

Japan - 99ms ping

Have you followed dionysus advice above to see if that works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, robobit said:

Chaiyo, with the new update is it working now? Because mine is working fine with 1.08 update

That's interesting the 1.08 update broke filtering again for me but another reboot again corrected it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reboot made it much better! Thank You.

However, I assume Netduma isn't fully support for this game because.

1. whenever, there is no server availible, it will connect to Jp servers right away although I have Geo-filter stricted in radius. just as it will display as Peer right in singapore map location (It is not peer, it is vultr server locating in Japan. But netduma thought it was in Singapore)

2. suppose I want to connect to Australia server, I put radius only over Aus region, somehow game will always connect to SG server first, never australian server 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try to explain why it's not working as expected.

When the game first starts up, it tries to ping all of the servers around the world. If the Geo-Filter is working correctly, it will only be able to connect to the servers in the region you selected. Thus, the game will assume that's where you are, and will only attempt to connect to servers in that region.

Right now though, there are some mislocated servers in amongst the correct ones. For example, when I attempt to connect to America, there are some European servers sprinkled in there, so the game says to itself "ah well since this guy is clearly in Europe, we'll just ignore all of these American servers".

So the problem will be fixed once the servers are all placed correctly. I am working on this as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Reboot made it much better! Thank You.

However, I assume Netduma isn't fully support for this game because.

1. whenever, there is no server availible, it will connect to Jp servers right away although I have Geo-filter stricted in radius. just as it will display as Peer right in singapore map location (It is not peer, it is vultr server locating in Japan. But netduma thought it was in Singapore)

2. suppose I want to connect to Australia server, I put radius only over Aus region, somehow game will always connect to SG server first, never australian server 

 

Is Singapore the authentication server?

There's a very handy form for reporting any server you think is not located properly which can get corrected when there is a cloud update:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...