Not seeing player locations in Modern Warfare

I'm using the geofilter in both filtering and spectator but never seen the full lobby of players. 

I typically see maybe a server, one player and that's about it. 

I have crossplay enabled so I don't know if that is the issue but it sucks not knowing where I'm connecting to. 

For example, I'm literally playing a 12-man Headquarters and this is my map. Missing 90% of the lobby and some dude is reportedly rocking out in Indonesia (he isn't).

geo map.png

Hello,

I have the same issues as Achilles. Is there any word on when this cloud update might go live?

As a secondary question, are cloud updates available on all devices (XR500/700, R1 etc.) at the same time or are they released separately

Thank you.

• Administrators
On 11/9/2019 at 3:31 AM, Bat 'n' Ball said:

Hello,

I have the same issues as Achilles. Is there any word on when this cloud update might go live?

As a secondary question, are cloud updates available on all devices (XR500/700, R1 etc.) at the same time or are they released separately

Thank you.

Yes, Cloud Updates work apply to all DumaOS powered devices (and the original R1 firmware too). They take up to 24 hours to be installed onto your router, but you can force an update by clicking 'Flush Cloud' in the Geo-filter Map options. 

We rolled out a Cloud update on Friday, but we'll be doing another this week which will manually fix every mislocated connection that has been reported to us in this form: 

So please use that form to let us know if we are missing any others. Thanks! 

I mean I'm getting nothing showing at times, not even a server/player. I don't know if this is a cross-play issue but I can be in a full 12 person lobby and not see anything, sometimes 1-2 players and they are in my party. I can't imagine the filter can work in that regard if it can't recognize where players are. It may limit to a certain server but nothing is stopping others from reaching it. 

• Administrators

Try this:

• Hard turn off the console
  • Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  • Flush the cloud (wait until a minute after the too long message then refresh - if you see it)
  • Add device back
  • Setup the Geo-Filter how you want
  • Turn on console and game

The original poster for this topic looks to have the same issues I've had although mine keep pushing me to a server in Ireland regardless of filtering or not. I posted this in the MDW forum as well as reporting it in the google sheets style form.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, d.o.c said:

The original poster for this topic looks to have the same issues I've had although mine keep pushing me to a server in Ireland regardless of filtering or not. I posted this in the MDW forum as well as reporting it in the google sheets style form.

Are you referring to the server with a solid white circle around it? If so that is an authentication server required for online play which we've whitelisted. It won't be your game server and so the ping to it is not indicative of the ping you have to the game.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you referring to the server with a solid white circle around it? If so that is an authentication server required for online play which we've whitelisted. It won't be your game server and so the ping to it is not indicative of the ping you have to the game.

The first image I uploaded is when I goto login & the second is while I match make.

So from what you  are telling me; each time I match make for a game, I'm being put into the login auth server? 

And when I am not in spectating mode, the experience is even worse along with not being able to 'connect profile' when trying to launch Modern Warfare.

So in order for me to even play the game I have to make sure all geo-filtering is off & sometimes have to remove/reset my device (computer) then add it after the fact I launched the game .. and then put it into filtering mode  once I'm completely logged into the game but I keep only seeing the Ireland server 90% of the time, eventually I might see a different server (just 1) some where else in EU or NA, but that is like 1 or 2 out of a dozen matches.

Screenshot_20191113-102843_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-102455_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators

You should be able to login with Filtering Mode, is anything being blocked when you get that error? That's definitely the auth server, the icon inside your radius is the game server. If you allow it to auto ping instead of manually pinging then it would ping the one inside your radius as it's the game server.

The screenshot you see my location as a square goes away and the Ireland server stays along with auto-ping not displaying anything.

That square in the circle is 108-61-5-113.choopa.net (which is located about 50 miles away) and typically I see 4-6ms ping to that data-center (seen below)

So you think that "108-61-5-113.choopa.net" is the game server?

And the only reason I ask this.. is that with Auto-ping host on, the details shows (typically it shows as a 60-100ms ping) stats to something not inside the circle & it is defiently not "108-61-5-113.choopa.net" because if it was I would notice a huge difference in game play.

Screenshot_20191113-175014_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, d.o.c said:

The screenshot you see my location as a square goes away and the Ireland server stays along with auto-ping not displaying anything.. so at what point am I the server?

Are you on PC or console? How do you have the device added to the Geo-Filter - did you add a service manually? Could you show us the map when you're in the game and it's just the Ireland server appearing?

28 minutes ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

To my knowledge that server is the main demonware server. I think there main HQ is there. 

Right.. and even though I don't write any of the netcode or configs to these servers protocal.. yet I would figure it would be more reliable to have every running server to always auth each in bound/out bount IP (user) so just having (1) server location handling all these requests would be ineffiecent?.. Again I'm not  a professional at setting up servers running this type of data encapsulation.. I just write JavaScript and some Python here & there to make my APIs work...

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you on PC or console? How do you have the device added to the Geo-Filter - did you add a service manually? Could you show us the map when you're in the game and it's just the Ireland server appearing?

I am on PC & set up my device as a PC with the Call of Duty profile. The picture below along with the latest one I just posted showing the local data-center (via selecting it myself, not auto-ping). This picture below is the top half of the screenshot since my web browser on my Note 10 doesn't allow me to down scale the sizing (blame DeX labs).

Screenshot_20191113-175856_Chrome.jpg

Also this picture and the one prior I am just sitting in the main menus for PvP, not match making.

• Administrators

That's great thank you very much. Delete the device from the Geo-Filter then change the PC to one of the console device types in the Device Manager please then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and see if it works better after that.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

• Hard turn off the console
  • Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  • Flush the cloud (wait until a minute after the too long message then refresh - if you see it)
  • Add device back
  • Setup the Geo-Filter how you want
  • Turn on console and game

For reference, I just tried the above and there seems to be no difference at all. Screenshot 1 below is during the ‘Connecting to Online Services’ screen and Screenshot 2 is during a game of MW Domination with a full 12 players. It appears to only show the server I was connected to.

Maybe Achilles will have a different result?

284440564_Screenshot1.thumb.jpg.3f5311e7b2730d9607442ab649314ab3.jpg

965179329_Screenshot2.thumb.jpg.a5f644a621e7193d366d04570bee8693.jpg

On 11/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, Netduma Alex said:

I think what's happening is that some servers are being miscategorized as players.

I think all of the icons that show up on the map currently for MW are servers, even if they appear to be players.

I think you might be right. 

In this screenshot, I’m playing a game of MW Dom. The Auto Ping R-App shows me as being connected to a Peer host on the southern coast of England with a player icon, but the Domain Name is 95-179-205-28.choopa.net. Choopa.net servers are dedicated servers, aren’t they?

For reference, this server ID was 2e5f511cfccdaeb3

Screenshot 1.jpg