Not seeing player locations in Modern Warfare

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

I think you might be right. 

In this screenshot, I’m playing a game of MW Dom. The Auto Ping R-App shows me as being connected to a Peer host on the southern coast of England with a player icon, but the Domain Name is 95-179-205-28.choopa.net. Choopa.net servers are dedicated servers, aren’t they?

For reference, this server ID was 2e5f511cfccdaeb3

Yeh that sounds correct. Choopa is a dedicated server I believe.

We're actually looking into ways to automate our dedicated server detection, since at the moment we have to manually go through and classify dedicated servers. This should get more streamlined further down the road, but for now I'd ignore that categorisation. I reckon everything in screenshot 1 is a server, they look like they're in the right place for that to be true.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:54 PM, d.o.c said:

The first image I uploaded is when I goto login & the second is while I match make.

So from what you  are telling me; each time I match make for a game, I'm being put into the login auth server? 

And when I am not in spectating mode, the experience is even worse along with not being able to 'connect profile' when trying to launch Modern Warfare.

So in order for me to even play the game I have to make sure all geo-filtering is off & sometimes have to remove/reset my device (computer) then add it after the fact I launched the game .. and then put it into filtering mode  once I'm completely logged into the game but I keep only seeing the Ireland server 90% of the time, eventually I might see a different server (just 1) some where else in EU or NA, but that is like 1 or 2 out of a dozen matches.

Screenshot_20191113-102843_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-102455_Chrome.jpg

The Geo-Filter isn't showing any servers while you're in the lobby, but the game still remembers all of the servers it pinged before. Other servers will not appear again until a new connection is made, probably during matchmaking.

The auth server sticks around because the game is constantly making connections to it.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Achilles said:

Hi,

So it's been the better part of a month and I still can't see any players in my lobbies. 

Is this being fixed? Kinda hinders many features Netduma offers. 

Well since Modern Warfare uses dedicated servers for it's multiplayer, I wouldn't expect to see players in lobbies.

10 hours ago, Achilles said:

Hi,

So it's been the better part of a month and I still can't see any players in my lobbies. 

Is this being fixed? Kinda hinders many features Netduma offers. 

The only people I’ve ever seen are those in my party (PS4).

is this your issue? 

On 12/4/2019 at 8:13 AM, Newfie said:

The only people I’ve ever seen are those in my party (PS4).

is this your issue? 

On past COD titles the geo-filter would show the locations of all the players in my lobby. Now it doesn't do that. Like, if I use the geo-filter I can't even see if it's working or not. 

If I do get some people the player icons are in random locations like Africa. 

• Administrators
On 12/9/2019 at 9:31 AM, Achilles said:

On past COD titles the geo-filter would show the locations of all the players in my lobby. Now it doesn't do that. Like, if I use the geo-filter I can't even see if it's working or not. 

If I do get some people the player icons are in random locations like Africa. 

I believe some early CoDs had the lobby hosted by players which is why you would have seen them, you then may or may not have sustained that connection when in game even if switched to a dedicated server. You will be able to see if it's working if it gets a server within your settings range, you can't dictate who joins the game just where the host is.

• 5 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe some early CoDs had the lobby hosted by players which is why you would have seen them, you then may or may not have sustained that connection when in game even if switched to a dedicated server. You will be able to see if it's working if it gets a server within your settings range, you can't dictate who joins the game just where the host is.

the new COD has Liston servers. lol   to find out more about modern warfare servers watch Battlenonsence's youtube channel! Liston servers are cheap servers, what they do is if theirs 16 people in a match only one person connects to the dedicated server so the server can run more people. it's more like the P2P servers but you dont have the pause every time theirs a host migration ,  although I have had host migration's in the new COD.   

• Administrators
19 hours ago, GT9484 said:

i cant even flush the cloud... any suggestions? 

When that message just wait 1 minute and then refresh the page - it will have successfully flushed the cloud.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GT9484 said:

even after flushing the cloud and following the steps i don't get any players on my screen only servers. MW is almost unplayable without some geoblocking and ping assist... not working as it should for some reason  

The game uses servers so rarely will you make a direct connection to a player which is why you won't see them on the map. The server is what you will be playing on and what you can change with the filter.