XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.20 Released

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports Plex media server v1.18.0
  • Supports new certificates for https
  • Supports the ReadySHARE feature in AP mode
  • In the VLAN/Bridge settings, the ISP profile menu includes additional ISPs from Europe and Asia

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerability issues
  • Fixes issues with Amazon cloud backup not working properly

Download here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061373/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-20

13 hours ago, martyr4 said:

Hello, is there a fix for the XR700 Certificate warning error when using Https?

I don't believe that the XR700 is currently fully compatible with HTTPS, and that certificate error is why.

i recently updated to this firmware on the XR700 and have noticed that some servers on MW are not showing ping happening about 50% of the time i tested this on Xbox and PS4 as i have the game on both consoles

• Administrators
On 11/5/2019 at 4:10 PM, Six7 Tango said:

i recently updated to this firmware on the XR700 and have noticed that some servers on MW are not showing ping happening about 50% of the time i tested this on Xbox and PS4 as i have the game on both consoles

3 hours ago, Mobel said:

Yeah he is right.

I get also sometimes on MW only tickrates, kbps send/receive, host address but not the ping to the host.

Have you tried it on a previous firmware since the game release to see if it is the same at all?

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Mobel said:

No i have tried it only on .20 latest.

And sometimes all of a sudden the ping appears like in mid-game 

So it does appear then it just takes ~5 minutes or so? That's quite odd, what is your NAT type?

open nat type here and some servers will ping half way through the game others wont show ping at all but always able to see send and receive rates and host and client tick rates in every match

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Six7 Tango said:

open nat type here and some servers will ping half way through the game others wont show ping at all but always able to see send and receive rates and host and client tick rates in every match

Thanks for the info, we'll have to investigate. Alex will test this on his end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
42 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

I can’t update to the new software for some reason. I’ve tried and it just kept downloading but nothing happened 

What firmware are you on currently and how are you trying to download the firmware/upgrade?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Doughboy said:

How do I update to this firmware? Every time I try it says it needs to be in ctg v1 1.0.120

I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly. How have you tried to update the firmware? You can check the version by going to the System Information page and checking the System Info panel or by clicking the 'i' symbol on the top right of the interface.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Doughboy said:

It says I have the updated version but none of the r apps are opening I get a busy wheel then a error message. 

How are you accessing the interface? - What browser? HTTP or HTTPS?

Does it work after a reboot or a factory reset?