XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.20 Released

On 4/7/2020 at 11:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, there is good news incoming and we'll be releasing another feature announcement this week.

So it's been more than a month from this statement and we haven't heard anything yet.

As much as I like this router I think by the time the next version actually gets released most will have moved on to another device......

On 5/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, mzafkismugi said:

So it's been more than a month from this statement and we haven't heard anything yet.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, mzafkismugi said:

Or this: 

Guest Killhippie

The XR700 has been buggy since release really, the R9000 (same router no DumaOS) is far less buggy tbh.

• 2 months later...

Any ETA on the 3.0 firmware that will be the bug and error "fix-all"?  I ask, as in about a week I am going to dump my xr700 and put in a google nest wifi set up.  I am tired of all the bugs, admin website not loading, wifi 5.0 ghz not working and requiring a reboot to be fixed, forgetting how much data is used in the month, r apps not loading, etc.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, DaK said:

Any ETA on the 3.0 firmware that will be the bug and error "fix-all"?  I ask, as in about a week I am going to dump my xr700 and put in a google nest wifi set up.  I am tired of all the bugs, admin website not loading, wifi 5.0 ghz not working and requiring a reboot to be fixed, forgetting how much data is used in the month, r apps not loading, etc.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Firstly I'd recommend upgrading to this firmware and then doing a factory reset as that should help with some of your issues: https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

I highly doubt it will be available for the XR700 within a week, it is also unlikely to fix all the issues you're facing - wasn't even aware of the WiFi issue you're having for example. Some of those will be for Netgear so it also depends when they will be implementing fixes.

• Administrators

@DaK As far as I can tell you haven't sought any support regarding your issues so that means we haven't had the opportunity to help you with them. I've given you a firmware which should resolve the issues from our side. The other issues are for Netgear and should be helped with the next firmware. Coming right out with threats is unnecessary. Not only will the next firmware come with fixes but it will include lots of new features, so the product you bought will be evolving without any further cost to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking today the last firmware update for XR700 is 10 months ago 🤔

Are there no plans for a firmware update for XR700 or is DumaOs 3.0 beta coming closer for it also ?

Those months of waiting are long guys.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Mobel said:

I was thinking today the last firmware update for XR700 is 10 months ago 🤔

Are there no plans for a firmware update for XR700 or is DumaOs 3.0 beta coming closer for it also ?

Those months of waiting are long guys.

Yes absolutely there will be, we're working hard to get it tested and out to people as soon as possible.

9 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

Question... does the XR700 have the DHCP issues like the XR500 as I may be getting one.thanks 

i have the XR700 and what DHCP issues? i have no problems with mine. its one powerful router.

1 hour ago, Hornet said:

i have the XR700 and what DHCP issues? i have no problems with mine. its one powerful router.

Well you have answered that question for , is Wi-fi range good 

4 hours ago, Hornet said:

WiFi is amazing. everything for me is on 5GHz Network, cheapest i fount new was from Scan Website. 

Just got one brand New of Ebay for £260...cheapest I`ve ever seen it

Guest Killhippie
On 8/18/2020 at 3:30 PM, sharpz44 said:

Just got one brand New of Ebay for £260...cheapest I`ve ever seen it

Its original brother device the R9000 was EOL by Netgear a month or so ago then the price fell for the XR700. Good price though, Amazon last month had them cheap too. currently £300 scan have them for £294

7 minutes ago, AnnonymouS said:

No update since it came out. NETGEAR SUCKS.  Almost a year now

NETGEAR.png

Do you have issues with that firmware ,hope I’m not going through loads of crap again ...cheers 

yep, sad Netgears flagship router and its been a year. Not even one update to fix the on going problem it has. Hopefully 3.0 will fix it. We will see if it will be supported. 

4 hours ago, AnnonymouS said:

yep, sad Netgears flagship router and its been a year. Not even one update to fix the on going problem it has. Hopefully 3.0 will fix it. We will see if it will be supported. 

What’s the ongoing problem as I have one on its way to me