XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.20 Released

I assume you did the factory reset from the interface before? You might need to try doing a factory reset using the button on the back, take a look at these instructions: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

What don’t make sense is u can’t do it like u suggested so either I lose all my settings and server choices etc or I start from scratch just to make my router function like it’s supposed to. This update is terrible. 

Here's what you should try:

• Download an old firmware version from here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10
  • Unplug your XR700 from the modem, so that only your PC is connected
  • Upload the firmware you downloaded, ignoring any warnings about it being old
  • Once the downgrade is complete, perform a factory reset
  • After the setup process, go to Settings and disable automatic updates
  • Connect the WAN cable back to the router.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know what happened but the busy wheels stopped I didn’t see your reply. I do have a question is it better to run my PS4 straight from the gateway or use the xr700 because I have fiber? Thanks 

Guest Killhippie
23 hours ago, Doughboy said:

I don’t know what happened but the busy wheels stopped I didn’t see your reply. I do have a question is it better to run my PS4 straight from the gateway or use the xr700 because I have fiber? Thanks 

From the XR700 otherwise there is no point in having the gaming features if you cant use them...

• Administrators
On 12/31/2019 at 2:15 PM, Doughboy said:

Via the XR700, then you can use all the features for gaming :)

I am actually having the exact same problems. I purchased an XR700 for my Dad for Christmas while I own the XR500 myself. XR500 is back in my condo and works fine (outside of the one weird anomaly saying failed to load back in December, fixed by reboot). But this XR700 has been a nightmare to get running perfectly. 

Specific R-App Programs fail to load after the router has been running for a set amount of time after reboot. After resetting the router, I do see the R-App successfully running but it will eventually fail. I've tried downgrading firmware to .10 but no luck. I have not tried factory resetting the router, but I have noticed some weird anomalies. Mainly, I noticed the "Update" button in the top right lights up after the R-App doesn't load, saying there is an update to .20, which I have installed already. 

The R-Apps are the same: The Download/Upload Monitor (Network Monitor), A window in Geo Filter, A Window in QOS, and Device Manager. Other APP's, such as CPU usage, work fine. 

Mainly, the problems I feel have to deal with the router's ability to track devices internally. After a period of time, it fails but only on the apps that monitor traffic.

The devices I have in the home range from a number of computers, iPhones, Pixel 2, Nintendo Switch, PS4's, etc. We also have two remote Access Points connected via Ethernet in other corners of the home (It is a big home with thick walls), which consist of two routers turned access points (a really old Netgear router and an Almond+).

I do want to mention I also have Fiber (Frontier) for the XR700.

8 hours ago, Leinahtan said:

I am actually having the exact same problems. I purchased an XR700 for my Dad for Christmas while I own the XR500 myself. XR500 is back in my condo and works fine (outside of the one weird anomaly saying failed to load back in December, fixed by reboot). But this XR700 has been a nightmare to get running perfectly. 

Specific R-App Programs fail to load after the router has been running for a set amount of time after reboot. After resetting the router, I do see the R-App successfully running but it will eventually fail. I've tried downgrading firmware to .10 but no luck. I have not tried factory resetting the router, but I have noticed some weird anomalies. Mainly, I noticed the "Update" button in the top right lights up after the R-App doesn't load, saying there is an update to .20, which I have installed already. 

The R-Apps are the same: The Download/Upload Monitor (Network Monitor), A window in Geo Filter, A Window in QOS, and Device Manager. Other APP's, such as CPU usage, work fine. 

Mainly, the problems I feel have to deal with the router's ability to track devices internally. After a period of time, it fails but only on the apps that monitor traffic.

The devices I have in the home range from a number of computers, iPhones, Pixel 2, Nintendo Switch, PS4's, etc. We also have two remote Access Points connected via Ethernet in other corners of the home (It is a big home with thick walls), which consist of two routers turned access points (a really old Netgear router and an Almond+).

I do want to mention I also have Fiber (Frontier) for the XR700.

Regarding the r-app not loaded issue, some people have been able to fix this by doing the following:

• Go to device manager
  • Find any Nintendo Switches that are or have been connected to the router
  • Change their device type to Xbox

This, weirdly enough, should fix it.

12 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Regarding the r-app not loaded issue, some people have been able to fix this by doing the following:

• Go to device manager
  • Find any Nintendo Switches that are or have been connected to the router
  • Change their device type to Xbox

This, weirdly enough, should fix it.

That fixed the problem. I saw the other thread and remembered the first time it crashed was when I was renaming all the "unknown" devices so I knew what they were, and I went to get my switch to get the MAC off it. I didn't even think it could have been caused by a single device (categorization) and thought it was some overload issue. 

I just hope the installation of older firmware and current firmware a few times did no damage. 

I'm glad it's fixed. I believe the issue is caused by a bug in the process which attempts to automatically identify devices. The developers will be able to fix this now that we know the source of the problem. Thanks for your patience.